Sponsored by:

Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 09:37 AM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,128 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by brockbr
Just curious - are you sure the lower iso fix points aren't there behind the carpet? They are pretty integral to the chassis, and I would be surprised if they're not there, with the only difference being a small slit in the carpet.
There are no isofix on the LWBS chassis cars. What is there are the seat belt mounting points.

I was hopeful they would be when I peeled the carpet back

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 01-30-2024 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:20 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Anyone have a car seat installed using seat belt, not isofix? I ordered a Graco Slim fit and while it fits ok, I cannot get it snug with the seat belt…
Old 02-02-2024, 08:25 PM
VII7
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

Are you trying to get a harness restraint setup with a seat belt only install? I don't believe there are many car seats certified for that, the wayb pico might be the only one.
Old 02-02-2024, 09:23 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VII7
Are you trying to get a harness restraint setup with a seat belt only install? I don't believe there are many car seats certified for that, the wayb pico might be the only one.
I’m installing it the normal way you install it using the vehicles car seat instead of isofix.

The 991’s receptacle is just in like an awkward spot where it’s hard to get the belt tight with this model car seat
Old 02-05-2024, 05:33 AM
kwanyman
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 3 years late, by any chance does this offer still stand?

Originally Posted by stout
Hoping to end 2020 on a high note, I've got a free Maxi Cosi in black from my 991 to the first Bay Area 991 or 992 driver who can pick it up and promises to put it to good use. This dad certainly did.

It's in storage now, but it's pretty mint IIRC. (It was in my 991 for about 10,000 miles—and more often stowed in the front trunk than the back seat.) Will also throw in a seat protector/shoe keeper in black to protect those back seats.

Only caveat: You have to show up in the 911 you'll use it in.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:57 PM
Dirty Jacket
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

I’ll give my two cents here since I spent hours researching this in preparation for the 991.2 GTS coupe I purchased.

I purchased two Maxi Cosi Rodiflex high back boosters for my kids (8,6). I purchased the Clek seat mat protector.

the Clek seat mat is too wide and deep for the rear seat. So I trimmed it iteratively to make it fit the rear seat perfectly. Took about 3-4 minutes per mat.

the Maxi Coris fits perfectly. Both my kids are comfortable in the rear. My taller 8 year old is totally comfortable and not squeezed with my wife in the passenger seat (5’5”). My 6 year is behind me (5’10”) and fits fine. He’s not squeezed but I’m sure he’d appreciate another inch or two—but I have my seat up a bit more than I would if no one was behind me.

I did not remove the seat bottom or seat backs. I may play with removing the seat back to see if that gives my 6 year old a bit more room.

I did place a piece of the scrap cut out rubber from the Clek mat to protect the middle bolster from the plastic cup holder slat that is digging into the side.
Old 02-09-2024, 05:00 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Jacket
I’ll give my two cents here since I spent hours researching this in preparation for the 991.2 GTS coupe I purchased.

I purchased two Maxi Cosi Rodiflex high back boosters for my kids (8,6). I purchased the Clek seat mat protector.

the Clek seat mat is too wide and deep for the rear seat. So I trimmed it iteratively to make it fit the rear seat perfectly. Took about 3-4 minutes per mat.

the Maxi Coris fits perfectly. Both my kids are comfortable in the rear. My taller 8 year old is totally comfortable and not squeezed with my wife in the passenger seat (5’5”). My 6 year is behind me (5’10”) and fits fine. He’s not squeezed but I’m sure he’d appreciate another inch or two—but I have my seat up a bit more than I would if no one was behind me.

I did not remove the seat bottom or seat backs. I may play with removing the seat back to see if that gives my 6 year old a bit more room.

I did place a piece of the scrap cut out rubber from the Clek mat to protect the middle bolster from the plastic cup holder slat that is digging into the side.
I've the Maxi Cosi Rodifix too - my 6 year old loves being in the "race car" I also have a Cosco Scenera forward facing seat for my 2 year old.
Both seats are on the Ckel thingy and I haven't had the seat bottom removed.

The cup holder slat on the Rodifix comes off with 2 bolts Prevent the problem than try to mitigate it when happens..
Old 02-09-2024, 05:04 PM
Dirty Jacket
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by shyamvenky
I've the Maxi Cosi Rodifix too - my 6 year old loves being in the "race car" I also have a Cosco Scenera forward facing seat for my 2 year old.
Both seats are on the Ckel thingy and I haven't had the seat bottom removed.

The cup holder slat on the Rodifix comes off with 2 bolts Prevent the problem than try to mitigate it when happens..
oh awesome!! Didn’t realize that. Will fix that tonight! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-13-2024, 10:17 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by kwanyman
I'm 3 years late, by any chance does this offer still stand?
Sorry, long gone!
Old 03-03-2024, 03:35 AM
Florida951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also looking for a used Max-Cosi Rodifix for our "new" 991. Does anyone have one available for sale?

Quick Reply: Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat