Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Old 03-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by smbryan
Can the GTS be a decent DD? Is the suspension adjustable with the button etc. ?
Absolutely, just like any other 911S. PASM and Sport PASM are both adjustable (I've had both). In normal setting, PASM equipped cars are very comfortable to drive. Sport PASM in normal chassis setting is much firmer than a PASM car but still a very comfortable ride.

I daily drive my current 991 and my previous 991.

(I will note that I have/had PDCC on both of them for a fantastic ride but I cannot imagine that non-PDCC equipped cars would also not be very comfortable as daily drivers as well.)
Old 03-19-2017, 09:10 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Absolutely, just like any other 911S. PASM and Sport PASM are both adjustable (I've had both). In normal setting, PASM equipped cars are very comfortable to drive. Sport PASM in normal chassis setting is much firmer than a PASM car but still a very comfortable ride.

I daily drive my current 991 and my previous 991.

(I will note that I have/had PDCC on both of them for a fantastic ride but I cannot imagine that non-PDCC equipped cars would also not be very comfortable as daily drivers as well.)
Thanks I've only ever driven a base 991 and that was fine to drive daily. Wasn't sure if you can/could 'de-tune' the stiffer GTS chasis/suspension to accomplish the same...

If I understand you correctly it is basically a C2s with the PDCC / sport and sport plus turned off? My understanding was it is/was stiffer?

Last edited by smbryan; 03-19-2017 at 09:17 PM. Reason: additions
Old 03-19-2017, 09:36 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

^^^ what you need is a GTS without the SPASM aka PASM Sport option.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:26 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Thanks I've only ever driven a base 991 and that was fine to drive daily. Wasn't sure if you can/could 'de-tune' the stiffer GTS chasis/suspension to accomplish the same...

If I understand you correctly it is basically a C2s with the PDCC / sport and sport plus turned off? My understanding was it is/was stiffer?
It is IDENTICAL to a 911S in terms of suspension options. PASM or PASM w/ PDCC or Sport PASM or Sport PASM w/PDCC. I have had PASM w/PDCC and Sport PASM w/PDCC. Both were great although no question that the Sport PASM version rides stiffer.

Test drive both PASM and Sport PASM and see which is for you. If ride softness is your priority, definitely get a PASM equipped GTS.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:37 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,713 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Can the GTS be a decent DD? Is the suspension adjustable with the button etc. ?
PDCC can increase the handling capability without increasing spring or roll bar stiffness, though some say at the cost of a slightly 'artificial' feel.

On a 991.1 GTS, I'd break it out like this:
  • PASM only if you want excellent handling and very good ride comfort, selectable at the touch of a button.
  • PASM + PDCC if you want even better cornering/handling performance without sacrificing ride comfort, but at the possible expense of artificial feel.
  • Sport-PASM (SPASM) only if you are a purist and want maximum performance by conventional means. Even in soft mode, pretty stiff.
  • SPASM + PDCC if you want even more cornering performance than SPASM and don't mind the PDCC 'feel'. Again, even in soft mode, pretty stiff, but no stiffer than SPASM only.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:52 PM
STG
Race Director

As an FYI, PASM is an option on the base model 991.1 (but now standard on 991.2's).

PASM comes standard on all 991.1 S models.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:40 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by pfbz
PDCC can increase the handling capability without increasing spring or roll bar stiffness, though some say at the cost of a slightly 'artificial' feel.

On a 991.1 GTS, I'd break it out like this:
  • PASM only if you want excellent handling and very good ride comfort, selectable at the touch of a button.
  • PASM + PDCC if you want even better cornering/handling performance without sacrificing ride comfort, but at the possible expense of artificial feel.
  • Sport-PASM (SPASM) only if you are a purist and want maximum performance by conventional means. Even in soft mode, pretty stiff.
  • SPASM + PDCC if you want even more cornering performance than SPASM and don't mind the PDCC 'feel'. Again, even in soft mode, pretty stiff, but no stiffer than SPASM only.
^this!
Old 03-19-2017, 11:41 PM
STG
Race Director

^^^ yes. great write up
Old 03-20-2017, 01:31 PM
mdork
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Might be a bit on the high side for mileage for this crowd but this car ticks almost all the right boxes for someone who wants a more performance-oriented build in a C4S. SPASM, PSE, 7MT and CPO. Doesn't have Sport Chrono but in a manual I don't see that as a big deal. Asking price is $78,991.

https://sunsetporsche.com/inventory/...+White+1074478
Old 03-20-2017, 02:18 PM
STG
Race Director

^^ Have no issue with mileage if price reflects it. I'm pretty shocked at the asking price for 28K miles though

Last edited by STG; 03-20-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:23 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Sonnen has this upcoming one on its website. No pics yet. But it is Black, PDK, SPASM, No PSE. Not sure whether it is a bargain but prices seem to be holding steady or even going up. You can check with Brett Payne @ Sonnen

https://sonnenporsche.com/inventory/...+Black+1096445

[PS: I can help if anyone wants me to take a look. I know where they are hidden lol]
Old 03-20-2017, 02:25 PM
beaudawg
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I test drove the C4S at Sunset about a month ago. Granted, it was before the car had gone through reconditioning, but it showed signs of careless/inattentive owners. It has had three owners (I think Carfax shows four). There were a few exterior blemishes that I've been told have been addressed now, but were red flags for me about what other types of things may have been ignored by the previous owners.

The front end has full clear bra that is yellowing, and will certainly need to be replaced. On top of the yellowing, it looks like a poorly installed pre-cut kit, with edges visible around all body panels. Also some ugly razer knife cuts. Couple gouged spot on the hood where the film is now gone. The clear spats on the rear fenders are also yellow and need replacing. The perils of clear paint film on white cars Sunset has said they will replace the rear spats, but you're looking at ~$2k to remove/replace the front end PPF. Take that into consideration with your offer.

Good news is that the DME is clean, and it has a new set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it. I agree it could be a good buy for the right person, but the price needs to come down, and expect to refresh all of the PPF.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:31 PM
beaudawg
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Sonnen has this upcoming one on its website. No pics yet. But it is Black, PDK, SPASM, No PSE. Not sure whether it is a bargain but prices seem to be holding steady or even going up. You can check with Brett Payne @ Sonnen

[PS: I can help if anyone wants me to take a look. I know where they are hidden lol]
Definitely not a bargain when asking nearly $86k for a 21k mile car with an original MSRP of only $115k.

VIN: WP0AB2A98ES122026

Old 03-20-2017, 02:48 PM
STG
Race Director

^^ It's CA. What do you expect?

State of overpriced Porsche's. I've RARELY found any deals in CA after looking for like 3 years now. I'm talking less than what I can count on one hand. This is after looking at 1,000's of cars. I'd probably say over 10,000. Who knows. Never thought about it. Probably a lot more.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador

Nice find! sadly looks to be way overpriced and lacks 18-way sport seats and glass in the roof/sunroof?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991