Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
2013 991 C4S PDK Platinum Silver/Black with Cup Aerokit Package. Only 6K miles and asking 92K. BMW dealer in NJ

http://mobile.bmwoftenafly.com/detai...-14022013.html

Don't have many details. Can see:

PDK
Sport Chrono
PSE
18 ways
Sunroof

Finding a reasonably priced 4S in a Cup Aerokit package isn't the easiest. Do some dealing. Get them down a bit. If you've shopped 4S's in the mileage range, you know this price isn't too bad to start.

This car has been there for months..... just an FYI. I saw it up close and personal. Aero was added by Town Porsche. They are in deep on this car but I'm sure they will deal a bit. If it was another color I may have been interested. Has Burmester too.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:16 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Hot for sale pick of the week!!

Originally Posted by Michael_s
This car has been there for months..... just an FYI. I saw it up close and personal. Aero was added by Town Porsche. They are in deep on this car but I'm sure they will deal a bit. If it was another color I may have been interested. Has Burmester too.
Thanks for the info. Rennlist at work! Did it look well taken care of?

Some of these other non Porsche dealers are having a HARD time moving 911's. They can't offer CPO's and Porsche buyers prefer buying from Porsche dealers and enthusiasts as well. Possibility to get some good $$ off here.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:56 AM
c615586
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

55K views in 5 months on this thread and pretty quiet. Where is everyone?
We're all out driving our new (to us) 911's!!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the info. Rennlist at work! Did it look well taken care of?

Some of these other non Porsche dealers are having a HARD time moving 911's. They can't offer CPO's and Porsche buyers prefer buying from Porsche dealers and enthusiasts as well. Possibility to get some good $$ off here.
Yes, car looked good. Has the alum window trim which normally I don't care for but on this car it worked. When they took it on trade they called local P dealer to try and sell it and the price was crazy... that's how I know they are in deep. It's a low mileage C4S with some nice options plus Aero on top of MSRP. Check car fax for in service date as can't be more than 14-18 months of warranty.

If anyone is interested, I am very local.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:58 PM
STG
Race Director

How awesome someone actually wrote about this subject. The point that someone did is very telling. It's almost as if there is a mourning for the 991.1 Already an appreciation and admiration.

"SALES DEBATE: HOW WILL PORSCHES DECISION TO GO TURBOCHARGED AFFECT 991 PRICES?"

http://www.total911.com/sales-debate...ct-991-prices/

I know the subject has come up with the RL crowd. I think this article is spot on and pretty much exactly what I've written about.

I think you could say the 991.1 will be very desirable in the future. You'll see a bottom on prices. They'll NEVER go under 50K for S/GTS/Targa/etc... I think they'll bottom out in the 60's for good examples. I could then see them holding steady and increasing after 10 years and onward. 20 years from now?? Who knows. Maybe close to original sticker. Still will be less than today's dollars considering inflation.

I'm not making it out to be some sort of great investment, but just noting the fact that I think the last of the NA's will be sought after in the future. We're talking great condition and with the performance options. There are ALOT of 991.1's out there. I know they aren't rare, but will be a "highly desirable" car and not necessarily a rare "collectors" car.

I think it's the end of an era. Will the 911's keep getting better and faster? Of course. They always have. Are they losing some of their soul and uniqueness? I believe so.

Going turbo hasn't been a choice by manufacturers because they feel it's where they should be going. They're going turbo because they have no other choice because of imposed emissions legislation.

NOT wanting to start that debate here. Just writing my thoughts. Not sure how long this thread will be relevant? One thing I can say, I'll always just post 991.1's here. The way they might be regarded in the future, this thread may outlast me! Have I signed up for a 20yr + project here??? Help !!! Who knows how long I'll have my car and what will be next. I'd think I'll always be in the NA camp, and there will be the GT cars and other choices I'm sure. The more I look at the older 911's and GT cars, the more I like ...

At the end of the day, what do I know???

Last edited by STG; 08-26-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:58 PM
JoshuaKM1
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I pose this question to STG (and really all Rennlisters) ... is the Autotrader website the best way to search the nationwide CPO inventory? Do dealers really know in advance when certain highly optioned cars will be traded in? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:05 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by JoshuaKM1
I pose this question to STG (and really all Rennlisters) ... is the Autotrader website the best way to search the nationwide CPO inventory? Do dealers really know in advance when certain highly optioned cars will be traded in? Thanks in advance.
You can do a search with the Porsche website too. Cars.com is good too. A Porsche dealer can CPO most cars. Even if it's not CPO'd, you can negotiate one most of the time.

I'd say they don't have an idea of what's coming up most of the time, unless the have regular customers that they know are due in for a trade in.

Search a little tough?? It's less stressful for me when I'm actually not in the market. When I was, it was very tough! Looking for a GT Silver car was hard enough, plus optioned close to my liking. Took close to a year!

Sorry for lack of updates. Not many leads this week.

What are you looking for?? Sometimes someone sees a car and might mention it to you. It's not like I post all the cars I see either. Just ones that are interesting in various respects.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:49 PM
JoshuaKM1
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Actually @stg991 I'm not in a rush b/c I recently took delivery of my Macan Turbo so I would be fine waiting for the perfect car to come onto CPO.

Ideally I'd like a 4S either coupe or cab, full leather, with either a silver, gray, or dark blue exterior. I haven't seen anything that has blown my mind recently but have the fun is just looking and learning more about the car from this forum.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:02 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by JoshuaKM1
Actually @stg991 I'm not in a rush b/c I recently took delivery of my Macan Turbo so I would be fine waiting for the perfect car to come onto CPO.

Ideally I'd like a 4S either coupe or cab, full leather, with either a silver, gray, or dark blue exterior. I haven't seen anything that has blown my mind recently but have the fun is just looking and learning more about the car from this forum.
Awesome. If you do see "the one" get ready to ****** it up

It's good you're reading up and learning though. There's ALOT to know about the 911's options. I know more now since I bought my car. Good thing I didn't make any mistakes and have no regrets. Seeing the discussions here on options, resale, and pricing is a free course. Take it all in! It will only help any future decisions.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:31 PM
STG
Race Director

2012.5 Platinum C2S Coupe PDK with only 9K miles!! Asking 78K

PDK
Sport Chrono
Looks like it has SPASM and keyless entry/drive
14 ways
Sunroof

Add PSE, and get rid of that front license plate frame and you're in business!

This is a GREAT price point! MSRP on this car has to be around 120K

Paul Miller Land River NJ

http://m.paulmillerlandrover.com/pre...AB2A98CS121083

Last edited by STG; 08-30-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:04 PM
Dgags
Racer

Received 223 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm haggling to get the front plate removed from the S out here. They've been flexible on price but not budging on CPO of the car or fixing the front plate. I could live without it being certified, not so sure about the plate frame.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:18 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dgags
I'm haggling to get the front plate removed from the S out here. They've been flexible on price but not budging on CPO of the car or fixing the front plate. I could live without it being certified, not so sure about the plate frame.
Are you talking about the one I just posted? You have two options. Get those bumper plugs which are ok or get the holes patched up and the whole front bumper repainted.

http://www.bumperplugs.com

Just get the car for a good price and figure that part out for yourself. I'll front bumper repaint is going to cost you less than $1000

I don't know how people can just drill screws right into that beautiful front bumper. I even avoid posting cars that have front plates mounted, but in this case this car is too good to pass up.

Usually with used cars, there's always something that needs to be fixed or touched up. One of the members on here just bought a used car and had the whole front bumper repainted because of chips.

I figure with the money you're saving on some of these cars, it's no big deal to put a little back into it.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:32 PM
Dgags
Racer

Received 223 Likes on 72 Posts

Are you talking about the one I just posted? You have two options. Get those bumper plugs which are ok or get the holes patched up and the whole front bumper repainted.
Different cars. 90k car with 130k build. I dont think the front plate looks that bad and it's legal.

The search would be a lot easier if I could tolerate black and the PDK.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:38 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dgags
Different cars. 90k car with 130k build. I dont think the front plate looks that bad and it's legal.

The search would be a lot easier if I could tolerate black and the PDK.
Black and PDK, a dime a dozen! Good luck with your search.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:27 AM
2fnquik
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Here you go.. Build sheet on the 2012.5 C2S. It's actually platinum silver metallic.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991