Sponsored by:

Cygnus Leader Tracking - Mar/Apr 2015

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:50 PM
SDaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ-Steve
For what it's worth, and that may be nothing, but...

NYK Line publishes a ship schedule each week. Their updated schedule this week shows a revised San Diego arrival date of 4/7 for the Cygnus Leader. It was showing 4/8 for the previous few weeks. Every day helps!

http://www.nykroro.com/customer/schedules.html

I have not found our ship on the San Diego port's schedule yet. I'll keep watching.
Thanks, I had seen the 8th as the expected date. The 7th would be that much better!

Any idea how long from the ship docking to the car arriving at the dealer ( in NCAL)? Any chance by Sat. the 11th?
Old 03-26-2015, 02:19 PM
AZ-Steve
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDaddy
Thanks, I had seen the 8th as the expected date. The 7th would be that much better!

Any idea how long from the ship docking to the car arriving at the dealer ( in NCAL)? Any chance by Sat. the 11th?
Hmmmm.... 7 come 11... reminds me of a come-out bet in craps. Nothing personal, but I wouldn't make that bet on your 4/11 date.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Kash222
3rd Gear

Thanks. That's useful especially watching the slow passge thru the Panama Canal
Old 03-29-2015, 07:29 PM
AZ-Steve
Advanced

Progress!

As of a few minutes ago the Cygnus Leader has made it through the locks at the Panama Canal.

San Diego next stop.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:47 PM
hoppah
Advanced

This has been an awesome and entertaining thread. I can't wait for the pictures of you out on the point at Cabrillo with binoculars.

H.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:01 PM
Kash222
3rd Gear

There might be more than one person at Cabrillo tracking the ship.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:49 AM
AZ-Steve
Advanced

I casually happened to notice yesterday that a schedule for San Diego arrivals/departures showed the Cygnus Leader arriving and departing on April 8th. Yesterday, Mar 30th, was the first time the ship showed up on this schedule.

Now today, March 31st, I see that the arrival/departure date has been updated to reflect 1 day sooner... that being April 7th.

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/
Old 04-01-2015, 03:24 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

My GTS is on that boat. Thanks for doing all of the research for me
Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 AM
SD911
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New to the forum and wish I'd found this thread and topic a month ago! New and soon-to-be first time Porsche owner. Very excited as it appears the ship is now finally in San Diego. Can't wait for pick up which is supposed to be this Friday, 4/10!
Old 04-07-2015, 12:48 PM
AZ-Steve
Advanced

Originally Posted by SD911
New to the forum and wish I'd found this thread and topic a month ago! New and soon-to-be first time Porsche owner. Very excited as it appears the ship is now finally in San Diego. Can't wait for pick up which is supposed to be this Friday, 4/10!
Hello SD911. Welcome to our little Cygnus Leader fan club.

You're right. Our ship has arrived.

She appears to have been a day ahead of schedule and anchored off the northwestern coast of Mexico for a day... probably awaiting her scheduled port time. Then right on schedule she made her way this morning past the Cabrillo lighthouse (wish I was there), into the port, and moored at around 5:00 AM.

Interesting that your scheduled pick-up is on 4/10. My dealer here in AZ has told me all along that delivery to them could take anywhere from a week to a month from the time the ship hits port.

Anyway, I hope we all get speedy deliveries.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:21 PM
SD911
Intermediate

The 4/10 delivery might be wishful thinking but my dealership is only 30 miles from the port so I guess we'll see soon enough! I'm actually in Phoenix until tomorrow and thinking of going over to the dealership in Scottsdale and browsing around later today. The anticipation sure is building!
Old 04-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Because of the port slowdown/strike in California there may be a bit of a backlog. I doubt this is a result of PASHA (car unloading stevedores). You'd know if PASHA were having a problem if the ship were in port for longer than scheduled (about 18 hours). The car should not face an inordinate delay in clearing customs or getting its Monroney sticker/certification. (The Monroney is the window sticker that all new cars in the U.S. are required to display.) Your dealer really ought to know within a couple of days when your car will arrive. It is easy for a dealer to check their trucking schedules as they know quite a while in advance when their cars are coming into port. Basically, if it is teamster issue they will know and should convey thst to you. The other reason for a delay, given no stevedore, customs or teamster issues is that your car was damaged in shipment and is being repaired. I do not know if the dealer is obligated to inform you of this (as chain of custody may not have passed and he may be in the dark as well). When there is radio silence from the dealer on why it is taking so long (or maybe the port facility is not releasing info), damage may be the reason. And just so you know, my source is my dealer.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:17 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Damage

I took a European delivery in 1995 of a 993. I drove it less than a week in Europe and dropped it back in Stuttgart. It took 9 weeks to get to Charleston (in those days). The reason is that the trip was rough and the right rear quarter panel was damaged on the boat. The repairs were to be done in Charleston. I had an agreement with PCNA that, if I was not happy with the repairs, the sale was voided. I flew to Charleston to inspect the car. It was perfect. PCNA let me drive it home. I owned it for 18 years.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:13 PM
AZ-Steve
Advanced

On a positive note... It would appear that the Cygnus Leader has been unloaded and is on its way to its next port (Long Beach). So no delays in getting the cars off the ship.

I'll give my dealer a couple of days before I start pestering for a delivery date.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:52 AM
SD911
Intermediate

Good info. Keeping my fingers crossed everyone's cars are damage free. Hoping for a call soon from my dealer!

Quick Reply: Cygnus Leader Tracking - Mar/Apr 2015