Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Interior package with leather seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 01:35 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default GTS Interior package with leather seats?

Hey all,

Is it possible to get the GTS interior package with leather seats instead of Alcantara?

I'm working on a Targa GTS build in Carmine Red. I've selected:

* Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara® GTS Package in Carmine Red
* GTS Interior Package

I saw a coupe yesterday in person that had this configuration and it looked great. However, what I'd prefer is the same setup but with leather seats.

It seemed like it might be possible because in the "Interior Colors & Seats" section, the color selection is labelled "Leather Interior with Alcantara / Alcantara or Leather Seats"; seems like leather is a possibility.

However, I'm guessing that the GTS Package might conflict with having leather seats, as perhaps the package specifies Alcantara seats.

Any thoughts on how best to do this? My concern is that over a long period, Alcantara won't last as well as leather (on the seats). But I love the look of the GTS Package interior.

thanks!
Old 03-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Not possible with the GTS package... you can however spec a hybrid that comes somewhat close. My car has the leather/alcantara interior with ventilated leather seats. I'm a fan of alcantara but ventilated seats were a priority for me... couple pics below.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,436 Likes on 2,246 Posts

damn your interior looks GREAT!
Old 03-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FergusH
Hey all,

Is it possible to get the GTS interior package with leather seats instead of Alcantara?

I'm working on a Targa GTS build in Carmine Red. I've selected:

* Black Leather Interior incl. Alcantara® GTS Package in Carmine Red
* GTS Interior Package

I saw a coupe yesterday in person that had this configuration and it looked great. However, what I'd prefer is the same setup but with leather seats.

It seemed like it might be possible because in the "Interior Colors & Seats" section, the color selection is labelled "Leather Interior with Alcantara / Alcantara or Leather Seats"; seems like leather is a possibility.

However, I'm guessing that the GTS Package might conflict with having leather seats, as perhaps the package specifies Alcantara seats.

Any thoughts on how best to do this? My concern is that over a long period, Alcantara won't last as well as leather (on the seats). But I love the look of the GTS Package interior.

thanks!
I'm not sure you can combine the GTS pkg with the full leather interior...
Old 03-01-2015, 08:23 PM
SDaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Not possible with the GTS package... you can however spec a hybrid that comes somewhat close. My car has the leather/alcantara interior with ventilated leather seats. I'm a fan of alcantara but ventilated seats were a priority for me... couple pics below.

Vice, your interior rocks! What was the build code for your leather interior / seats? "GG"?
Old 03-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by SDaddy
Vice, your interior rocks! What was the build code for your leather interior / seats? "GG"?
Thanks man, it is an absolute pleasure to sit in every day. Could not be happier with my choice.

The build code is below...

Leather interior Black, with Alcantara, seat centres in smooth-finish leather - GY
Old 03-01-2015, 09:45 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
But unfortunately, you don't get any of the great contrast stitching and GTS logos stitched into the front seats. I think a lot of us wish that there was the option to get the full GTS Comms package with all leather seats.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Vise
Drifting

Yes indeed... that it the tradeoff for my choice and I'm fine with it though. I'm in the camp that would prefer to not have alcantara on the seat surfaces anyways.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:10 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
But unfortunately, you don't get any of the great contrast stitching and GTS logos stitched into the front seats. I think a lot of us wish that there was the option to get the full GTS Comms package with all leather seats.
Actually, you can get the red contrast stitching if you order black/garnet red leather interior. I love it! Can't get the single red tach though; I suppose you could add just the tach from a set of red gauge faces after the fact if you wanted to. I think the all red gauge faces is too much with the red seats.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:37 AM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I ordered a GTS coupe last week in Agate Grey with Yachting Blue "Leather" seats (a no-cost option).
Old 03-02-2015, 11:46 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

I initially thought I wanted full leather interior, but just couldn't pass on the GTS Interior Communication Package. I still get some nice leather parts, but with the beautiful Carmine Red stitching, plus the "GTS" monogrammed on the seat headrests, the red borders on the seat-belts and floor mats, the Carmine Red tach, and the carbon fiber trim. It was just too much for me to pass on, and so far, I really like it.

I like the leather interiors I have seen also, but to me, the GTS Interior Package just makes the GTS a little more unique from a regular Carrera. All just personal preference.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hinckley
actually I htink you still get "GTS" stitched in the seat, just not in contrasting color...
Old 03-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
I initially thought I wanted full leather interior, but just couldn't pass on the GTS Interior Communication Package. I still get some nice leather parts, but with the beautiful Carmine Red stitching, plus the "GTS" monogrammed on the seat headrests, the red borders on the seat-belts and floor mats, the Carmine Red tach, and the carbon fiber trim. It was just too much for me to pass on, and so far, I really like it.

I like the leather interiors I have seen also, but to me, the GTS Interior Package just makes the GTS a little more unique from a regular Carrera. All just personal preference.
+1
Old 03-02-2015, 07:14 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vise, what a sick interior. I love the painted trim with the alcantara bits (and I also hear you on the ventilated seats; I love mine).
Old 03-02-2015, 08:01 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmm...tricky. I also like the GTS interior but I'm worried about the Alcantara and in particular how it'll wear as a seat covering. Options, options... (Now I'm even looking at a black leather interior 911 turbo so maybe my question will end up being moot!)

Quick Reply: GTS Interior package with leather seats?