Sponsored by:

GTS test drive (Silverstone) today

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 04:27 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by pap2828
Do you think they have this information explaining this on their website or handbook?? Would be good to see it from the 'horses mouth' sotaspeak!
This is from the Porsche Good to Know app:
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) is a system for roll stabilization of the vehicle body when driving. Driving comfort and driving safety are improved by active intervention of the anti-roll bars on the front and rear axles. Vehicle balance and agility are optimized. No separate controls are available for the PDCC system. When you select a chassis setup in Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) the PDCC system automatically activates the corresponding on-road driving program.

My interpretation - There is no PDCC on and off switch, but the roll stabilization program is modified based on the PASM suspension setting.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:48 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

any pictures?
Old 02-25-2015, 05:54 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you enjoyed it! Your impressions sound similar to my own.

Re the PDCC, I think consensus that the switch is just a PASM sport switch for a PDCC car is correct. Without it there's no way to tell if a car has PDCC or not without looking underneath it. I got this from 2 instructors at Silverstone, one of whom I think had to call his boss/PAG to find out so no disrespect to anyone who's confused! Whether or not PDCC interacts with the PASM sport setting and creates a different or stronger effect I've no idea.

The reason I liked the PDCC was just the planted feel it gave the car. I was the same speed around a very wet handling circuit in a PDCC GTS as in a non-PDCC GTS4 and having more fun. I mentioned the feedback issue that Evo and Chris Harris raised to the instructor, as well as Colin Hoad of CAT Driver Training, and they both said the same thing: that the car grips more, therefore it gives up grip when more centripetal force is in play, therefore it can be harder to catch. I did some stuff on the low-friction circuit with the PDCC car and found it delightfully progressive (then I turned PSM off and spun like a Federer forehand but hey ho). Instructor had it drifting beautifully so maybe it just takes some getting used to.

I wonder if a contributing factor to my liking it is not having spent much time in 911s. Perhaps it makes the car feel less rear-engined, and I like it because I've spent 3 years in a Boxster, but others who have driven generations of 911s might like it less. Just a thought. Interested in the OP's impressions/experience.

Quick Reply: GTS test drive (Silverstone) today