Sponsored by:

991S Intermediate Service $1,100?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 11:36 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
I'd start by looking for a local Porsche club and find out who the members use to fix their cars.
Yikes on prices. For the cost of one intermediate service you could outfit your garage with tools, equipment and parts to perform your own service.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:16 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So I paid $3,300 for the device plan fro the dealer. Cover the major service...looks like it was a smart move! Circle Porsche sold it to me
Old 09-02-2016, 01:17 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Werks 1
So I paid $3,300 for the device plan fro the dealer. Cover the major service...looks like it was a smart move! Circle Porsche sold it to me
Not necessarily in that looking at what these services really should cost you still would pay a good indy about the cost of 5-6 services before you'd equal the cost of just 1 service at the dealer at the $1400-1800 rate. Add to that if you DIY then you've save about $2600 over the course of just 40k mileage if you add up the cost of supplies/oil/plugs and a cold liquid beverage while you do it yourself.

For what its worth I always change the oil on my cars unless maintenance is include with the initial purchase (like with my BMW M3 which has free maintenance to include oil changes for 4yrs/50k). Takes me maybe a few hours and like with my '14 Cayman S can drive to the dealer and have them reset the computer and service indicator for free as well as change one or two of the pollen/air filters that it was a pain to reach. For my 991 yes I could change the air filters but removal of the rear bumper to do so...hmm...but the oil will be changed for sure by moi! Brake flush??? I am up for it...just need a bleeder!
Old 09-02-2016, 01:44 AM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I had the opportunity to buy a service plan but bought from non P-car dealer a trade in. I just paid $625 plus taxes, fees and with a tire balance and one new tire for a nail in it I walked out 1200 lighter for 30K and it still blows my mind that it is more than my R8 GT for essentially an oil change and look over of which I didn't get a breakdown (with Audi they mark down rough remaining brake pad life, tire depths etc., also I complained of a vibration but there was no line after the comment of what they did or found but obviously nothing, that Audi does write out what tech concluded). Anyway I am WAY WAY more disappointed Porsche's service isn't a full national database so I can tell what the heck was done last. I work across central FL and have 3 dealerships from Tampa, Orlando to Melbourne I could drop it by but didn't realize none has any idea what I had done last where outside of recall/warranty work. Too used to my Audi's. Anyway value vs price I'm not seeing it. And had an Altima loaner. That I waited 25 minutes for. I waited longer at my last 20K and put up identical post...
Old 09-02-2016, 02:00 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 227 Posts

The dealers in the US rip us off.

Took my 2014 911/50 into the dealership in Stuttgart near the airport and they charged me $420 for 2 year service (I supplied the oil and filters) and a brake flush with them providing the brake fluid.

Super nice folks and a service rep who is a real car guy and knows his stuff. When you arrive, the service advisor puts your car up on a lift and does a complete pre-inspection with you there. The service bay is clean enough to eat off of and the mechanics are really cool about bringing you in and talking cars and showing you the shop. It's a different culture here and I am going to miss it.

I am not looking forward to the prices in the USA when I return next year.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:47 AM
ltdodge
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mmaturo
I wish I had the opportunity to buy a service plan but bought from non P-car dealer a trade in. I just paid $625 plus taxes, fees and with a tire balance and one new tire for a nail in it I walked out 1200 lighter for 30K and it still blows my mind that it is more than my R8 GT for essentially an oil change and look over of which I didn't get a breakdown (with Audi they mark down rough remaining brake pad life, tire depths etc., also I complained of a vibration but there was no line after the comment of what they did or found but obviously nothing, that Audi does write out what tech concluded). Anyway I am WAY WAY more disappointed Porsche's service isn't a full national database so I can tell what the heck was done last. I work across central FL and have 3 dealerships from Tampa, Orlando to Melbourne I could drop it by but didn't realize none has any idea what I had done last where outside of recall/warranty work. Too used to my Audi's. Anyway value vs price I'm not seeing it. And had an Altima loaner. That I waited 25 minutes for. I waited longer at my last 20K and put up identical post...
hey, forget the dealer, take your car here
http://www.driverschoicemotors.com/

they are in longwood and the guys used to work for porsche of orlando and decided to open their own business. their hourly rates are much better than porsche.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:27 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
The dealers in the US rip us off.

Took my 2014 911/50 into the dealership in Stuttgart near the airport and they charged me $420 for 2 year service (I supplied the oil and filters) and a brake flush with them providing the brake fluid.

Super nice folks and a service rep who is a real car guy and knows his stuff. When you arrive, the service advisor puts your car up on a lift and does a complete pre-inspection with you there. The service bay is clean enough to eat off of and the mechanics are really cool about bringing you in and talking cars and showing you the shop. It's a different culture here and I am going to miss it.

I am not looking forward to the prices in the USA when I return next year.
Just need to find a nice dealer. The one in Nashville is very personal. Some I've stopped into would not give me the time of day even when I drove up in the 911.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:39 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Originally Posted by ltdodge
hey, forget the dealer, take your car here
http://www.driverschoicemotors.com/

they are in longwood and the guys used to work for porsche of orlando and decided to open their own business. their hourly rates are much better than porsche.
I will certainly check them out, thank you!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:50 AM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

OP: That quote was spot on for my 20k service.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:53 PM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Wayyyy way too much, oil change, that's around $200-250 and brake flush around the same, why this dealers quote that high
Old 09-12-2016, 01:10 PM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by socalsteve
Eurotech in Culver City charges $150.00, oil included...
I took your recommendation and just made an appointment for an oil change on Saturday at Eurotech. They quoted me $219 including tax which was higher than expected.

Does that sound right to you or should I be asking for someone specific? I told him I heard of them on RL and that the price mentioned was $150. He said that price may have been for a Boxster or for another car. The $219 price still seems good in comparison to other Indy shops in my area, and the big plus is that they're open on Saturdays. Any advice?
Old 11-06-2018, 02:16 PM
kenny29
Intermediate

Guys

My 991 manual C4S is heading to Porsche for intermediate service in a few weeks time when it just reaches 6 years old. Mileage is just 15k. Dealer reckons that it will also be due a brake fluid change (fair enough!) and also a change of drive belt and air filters. I assume he is referring to the two pollen air filters in front trunk and cabin rather than engine air filters? Grateful for any thoughts/advice!

Kenny
Old 11-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

whatever they charge will be a rip off. do your oil change and cabin filters yourself. brakes too. drive belt - you kidding with only 15K miles?

brake fluid is easy, but the most time consuming, so if you don't have the time, have them do that - about $250 or so.

also with only 15K miles, I would not bother with engine filter, even though porsche manual says to change at 4 years or 40K miles.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:59 PM
kenny29
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kenny29
Guys

My 991 manual C4S is heading to Porsche for intermediate service in a few weeks time when it just reaches 6 years old. Mileage is just 15k. Dealer reckons that it will also be due a brake fluid change (fair enough!) and also a change of drive belt and air filters. I assume he is referring to the two pollen air filters in front trunk and cabin rather than engine air filters? Grateful for any thoughts/advice!

Kenny
Should have added - car still under Porsche warranty so presumably they must service.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:44 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kenny29
Porsche warranty so presumably they must service.
That is an incorrect statement at least in the states.

Quick Reply: 991S Intermediate Service $1,100?