Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Agate grey vs Jet black on C4s?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 07:54 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

yeah, I have the entire front end of mine and the rear quarters wrapped with xpel and then CQuartz on everything and it just needs light cleaning, usually just a run through the touchless car wash.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:43 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

Black looks amazing when clean. Nothing looks as smart or rich as a clean, polished, black car.

I see many in this thread have gone with clear bra to help with their black cars. How long have you had the bra? Have you had peeling issues at any of the edges?
Old 08-03-2015, 10:56 AM
SeeForce
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

black for me... (i didnt raise the spoiler, my detail guy did)

Old 08-03-2015, 10:39 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by wwspeeds
Jet black. front half of car XPEL wrapped. Entire car is coated in Kamikaze. All done at Esoteric in Columbus, OH.

Relatively easy to clean (rinse, dust off with towel). Hasn't seen wax in a year.

Beautiful!

Did you go with Myabi coat or ISM Coat?
Maintain with Overcoat?

I ordered a bunch of their product but haven't applied yet.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:18 PM
pcosta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horns
Black looks amazing when clean. Nothing looks as smart or rich as a clean, polished, black car.

I see many in this thread have gone with clear bra to help with their black cars. How long have you had the bra? Have you had peeling issues at any of the edges?
I have had a clear bra for 9 years on my Porsche 2006 Cab. Still looks new! It was applied at Detailing Dynamics.

Getting a Jet Black GTS in a couple of weeks and I'll be using tracwrap (a temporary clear bra - won't look pretty, but it will protect from stone chips) from the dealership to Detailing Dynamics.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:18 PM
wwspeeds
Advanced

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Beautiful!

Did you go with Myabi coat or ISM Coat?
Maintain with Overcoat?

I ordered a bunch of their product but haven't applied yet.
ISM kamikaze. I add overcoat occasionally. 90% of the time I just wash (either wand or 2 bucket), then drag a big fluffy microfiber spritzed with meguairs quick detailer over the car. I never need to touch the wheels as brake dust and dirt do not stick (gyeon coated).

w
Old 08-04-2015, 12:56 PM
chatt
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My last 991 was basalt black metallic. I loved the color. I would go back with that again. I thought it worked well with the clear tail lights that I installed.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:57 PM
chatt
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh, if anyone wants some OEM red tail lights, let me know. They are gathering dust.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:23 PM
ent
Advanced

Originally Posted by chatt
Oh, if anyone wants some OEM red tail lights, let me know. They are gathering dust.
I would be interested in those tail lights if they are still available. What are you looking to get for them? PM sent.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:15 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by wwspeeds
ISM kamikaze. I add overcoat occasionally. 90% of the time I just wash (either wand or 2 bucket), then drag a big fluffy microfiber spritzed with meguairs quick detailer over the car. I never need to touch the wheels as brake dust and dirt do not stick (gyeon coated).

w
Much appreciated. Thanks for responding.
I'm also going Gyeon Rim, ISM Coat and maintain both with Overcoat.

As far as your use of a quick detailer over Kamikaze coatings, here's what Todd @ Esoteric told me to steer clear of...

"Sure you can use them, but it’s not optimal in the least bit. When you use a product like that, which includes polymers, you gain the properties of the polymers and lose the properties / characteristics of the coating. That’s also why you wouldn’t want to use a quick detailer or wax on top of coated vehicles."
Old 08-05-2015, 02:07 AM
wwspeeds
Advanced

It's interesting. I was maintaining with overcoat, but Todd said I was using it too frequently.

I only spritz a tiny bit of quick detailer on my microfiber to decrease any friction from the towel. I don't spray it on the car. Perhaps I should just leave it out altogether.

I have had good success with the QD on top of the Kamikaze. I will say, I avoid leaving raindrops on the kamikaze coating (even well after it's set in), as I have seen it etch a little.

W

Quick Reply: Agate grey vs Jet black on C4s?