Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my GTS SD front bumper spoiler missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my GTS SD front bumper spoiler missing something?

Hello ...

I picked up my new 911 C GTS two weeks ago from the dealer... While I was doing a full prep/detail/wash process for the car, I have noticed both (left and right) sides of the spoiler are a bit loose (the lower part of the spoiler is not firmly attached to the SD bumper). Looking under the bumper and it seems to me a clip is missing in each side...Please see the pics... GTS owners and for those of you with SD kit could you confirm plz?

Last edited by Oscarporsche; 01-30-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:05 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Looks to me like it is clearly missing clips on either side but someone with an SD bumper/lip can chime in.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:09 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

I have a 13 C4S with Sport Design front bumper and I have the same holes.

Just a guess but it could be drains for any water that gets in that location.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:16 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't have SD package on my GTS, but don't they all have the SD front bumper/spoiler? In any case, I just looked at mine and it appears to be the same design as yours, but I DO have plugs/fasteners where you have holes. My spoiler is very firmly attached to my bumper. I have washed and waxed my GTS in the three days I have had it, and would have noticed if it was loose, plus I just went to garage and checked it.

Not positive, but I think the lower lip that you are referring might be installed by the dealer after the car arrives. Car comes with it of course, but I think it is not installed until it gets to dealer. If so, ,maybe your dealer lost some parts?
Old 01-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Not positive, but I think the lower lip that you are referring might be installed by the dealer after the car arrives. Car comes with it of course, but I think it is not installed until it gets to dealer. If so, ,maybe your dealer lost some parts?
Yeah the cars ship with the SD/Aerokit lip wrapped inside the car and it is installed as part of the dealer prep. I've seen a few pictures of newly arrived/pre-prep cars on the forum where it is missing.

Sounds like the dealer lost the clips or something.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:48 PM
the2thdr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a way to pull it up on a parts diagram that would show the presence/absence of the clips?
Old 01-26-2015, 05:14 PM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll check mine when I get home tonight. I know with mine, it was shipped WITHOUT the SD dam in place, which seems to confirm what Vise and GSIRM3 are saying.

Thanks for posting, as it gives us a chance to check ours as well. Hopefully if the fasteners are supposed to be there, all it will take is a quick trip to your dealer and hopefully they will slap them in for you.

Cheers

Ross
Old 01-26-2015, 06:46 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Just checked my car and there is a black screw in place of that hole you have. Must have occurred on Friday at the 4 o'clock whistle.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,430 Likes on 2,243 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Yeah the cars ship with the SD/Aerokit lip wrapped inside the car and it is installed as part of the dealer prep. I've seen a few pictures of newly arrived/pre-prep cars on the forum where it is missing.

Sounds like the dealer lost the clips or something.
tardy dealers probably dont bother doing it right ...

Quick Reply: Is my GTS SD front bumper spoiler missing something?