Sponsored by:

Cab. squeek location help

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 02:26 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cab. squeek location help

I am hearing a squeak, more like a "squeech" sound over my left shoulder from the rear. may even be behind the top itself when I hit a road bump/ripple. Any ideas before I drag it in for service to find it?
Old 01-24-2015, 06:03 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Post an audio, that'll probably help one of the members isolate it for you.

In the mean time, I'd oil the seatbelt bearings and tighten the wheel well gaskets.

lol
Old 01-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Hubba
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yup... I have a similar squeak

I only hear it when the body is flexed at an angle... i.e. hitting a pot hole or man hole cover on one side. It happens quickly and it's hard for me to identify the source/location. I'm staring to wonder if it's coming from where the door latches... perhaps a little grease on that metal & a test drive. Otherwise I plan to take a drive with my service advisor... as there is a man hole cover that will cause it just in front of the dealership... and repeat until it's located.

Either way please post back here whoever finds the culprit.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:23 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hubba
I only hear it when the body is flexed at an angle... i.e. hitting a pot hole or man hole cover on one side. It happens quickly and it's hard for me to identify the source/location. I'm staring to wonder if it's coming from where the door latches... perhaps a little grease on that metal & a test drive. Otherwise I plan to take a drive with my service advisor... as there is a man hole cover that will cause it just in front of the dealership... and repeat until it's located. Either way please post back here whoever finds the culprit.
the service bill said it was from a loose weather strip in the cab top storage area. Now good ( until next time!)
Old 04-09-2015, 01:35 PM
smichael
Rennlist Member

Happened/fixed again, but got more data on source to post this time:

Again it was a "squeech" type sound from behind my left ear when I went over a road crack/bump. . Per the service invoice: it was "the rear most weather strip" in the top's well". They "removed the weather strip mount , determined that the noise got louder and was the cause, lubricated the area and reassembled it" . Went away once, came back and they did it again. Bet it's one of those things that will just keep needing to be adjusted.

Quick Reply: Cab. squeek location help