Sponsored by:

991 GTS Owners Manuals

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 01:58 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Thanks for the pursuit of an answer and update. Although a month is a little long to wait, at least it is forthcoming. I wonder if Porsche will simply mail the update out to current owners, or how they will deliver it?
Good question. My sales manager did not know whether it would be sent to dealers to send to customers, or whether Porsche would mail it directly to customers. This is just my guess, but I am thinking Porsche will mail it directly to the customer.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Thanks for the pursuit of an answer and update. Although a month is a little long to wait, at least it is forthcoming. I wonder if Porsche will simply mail the update out to current owners, or how they will deliver it?
they'll mail it, as they did with the updated supplement for the GT3 after the CL recall ...
Old 01-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a GTS delivered at Christmas (GB). My manual pack came with a small booklet '911 GTS Driving on a Race Circuit' and in the standard manual there is 5 pages of info on the CL wheels, taking them off, putting them on with, and in an emergency putting them back on without a torque wrench. Manual code on the spine is WKD 991 09 30 15.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:47 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ian M
I have a GTS delivered at Christmas (GB). My manual pack came with a small booklet '911 GTS Driving on a Race Circuit' and in the standard manual there is 5 pages of info on the CL wheels, taking them off, putting them on with, and in an emergency putting them back on without a torque wrench. Manual code on the spine is WKD 991 09 30 15.
Interesting. My US GTS came with a manual with code 991 00 21 15. It has no information on CL wheels, and I didn't get the 911 GTS Driving on a Race Circuit manual. Sounds like none of us in the US did, but apparently PCNA is working on publishing a similar book to yours.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Have any GTS owners in Canada received the correct GTS specific manual? Either with their car or sent afterwards by Porsche Canada? I've asked my dealer to look into this as I understand there is a GTS specific manual (below) but they have yet to receive any clarity from Porsche Canada... and apparently the new GTS arrivals are still coming with the normal Carrera manuals. Any insight from Canadians would be appreciated.

991 Carrera: 991 00 21 15
991 Carrera GTS: 991 09 21 15
Old 05-21-2015, 12:27 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

My GTS was delivered May 7 and the manual has CL wheel instructions along with other GTS-specific information.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vise
Have any GTS owners in Canada received the correct GTS specific manual? Either with their car or sent afterwards by Porsche Canada? I've asked my dealer to look into this as I understand there is a GTS specific manual (below) but they have yet to receive any clarity from Porsche Canada... and apparently the new GTS arrivals are still coming with the normal Carrera manuals. Any insight from Canadians would be appreciated.

991 Carrera: 991 00 21 15
991 Carrera GTS: 991 09 21 15
they didn't even give me a GTS manual at the factory Monday!
Old 05-21-2015, 02:33 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

as much as I can tell, there is no GTS manual. I was amazed when cruising through my manual on delivery, it had a wealth of GTS-specific information. this may be an aberration.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:01 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by freeman
as much as I can tell, there is no GTS manual. I was amazed when cruising through my manual on delivery, it had a wealth of GTS-specific information. this may be an aberration.
Not exactly correct. The GTS owners Manual looks the same on the cover as the regular Carrera manual, but the correct GTS one has GTS specific information on things like CL wheel removal and installation instructions (I think this is around page 270 of the manual, if you have the correct one). It also contains GTS specific information on engine (same as the power kit) but GTS is specifically listed in engine section of manual. It also lists tire pressure information for the GTS. The most important information is the CL wheel procedure. There is also a separate 991 GTS, Driving on a Race Circuit, manual (only about 15 pages) that lists specific maintenance requirements for CL wheels if car is used on a track.

I took delivery of my GTS in late January and noticed the second day I had mine that I had no CL wheel information. After having owned a 997 GTS that had CL wheel info, I was surprised. I contacted my dealer and PCNA. The first person I contacted at PCNA just blew me off. I called back a couple weeks later and talked to a different, more helpful person. She looked into my complaint and determined that PCNA/Porsche had been putting incorrect owners manual packets in the 991 GTS cars. After about 6 weeks of haggling them, I finally received a complete, new packet of manuals.

PCNA assured me they were taking action to contact GTS owners that probably received the incorrect manuals and would be sending them the proper manuals. They also assured me that corrective action had been taken to ensure that the correct manuals would be supplied with the GTS cars in future. I have no idea if that has occurred.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:09 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

GSIRM3-

My "Carrera 991" manual has everything specific to a GTS. It has all the sections you specify that I also cited in my previous post. Thank you for your clarification.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by freeman
GSIRM3-

My "Carrera 991" manual has everything specific to a GTS. It has all the sections you specify that I also cited in my previous post. Thank you for your clarification.
nothing in mine ... so whats the p/n of your manual (on the spine)?
Old 05-21-2015, 04:25 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
nothing in mine ... so whats the p/n of your manual (on the spine)?
Larry,

The correct owners manual number is 991 09 21 15. I bet you have 991 00 21 15.

As I mentioned in a previous post, if you got the correct manuals with your car, you should also have a small manual titled, 991 GTS, Driving on the Race Circuit, that has specific maintenance requirements for CL wheels if the car is driven on a track. That part number is 991 23 21 15.

I can't believe Porsche/PCNA is still putting the wrong manuals in the 991 GTS after all I went through with them. For those with 5 lug wheels, I guess it's not a big deal, but still I think all GTS owners would like the correct set of manuals.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:28 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Larry,

The correct owners manual number is 991 09 21 15. I bet you have 991 00 21 15.

As I mentioned in a previous post, if you got the correct manuals with your car, you should also have a small manual titled, 991 GTS, Driving on the Race Circuit, that has specific maintenance requirements for CL wheels if the car is driven on a track. That part number is 991 23 21 15.

I can't believe Porsche/PCNA is still putting the wrong manuals in the 991 GTS after all I went through with them. For those with 5 lug wheels, I guess it's not a big deal, but still I think all GTS owners would like the correct set of manuals.
correct!

what's worse, I was given these at Zuffenhausen on Monday!
Old 05-21-2015, 04:37 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
correct!

what's worse, I was given these at Zuffenhausen on Monday!
Larry,

I am attaching a screen shot of the manual names and part numbers of the "correct" manuals I finally received form PCNA. This is from the packing list that came with the supposedly correct manuals. Most are the same that came with my car, but the primary owners manual is different, and the 991 GTS, Driving on the Race Circuit, was not included at all in the packet that came with my car.
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2015, 05:02 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

The manual that came with all the information on the GTS is
WKD 991 09 21 15. I heard about the confusion before my delivery and annoyed my SA to make sure I got the correct edition. I am still having some "small" delivery problems in the second week. I am confident they will be taken care of in the next few weeks.

Quick Reply: 991 GTS Owners Manuals