GTS Club Sport Model

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 12:27 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
grow a pair...
Or simply borrow LexVan's. His wife conveniently keeps them pickled in a jar at the kitchen pantry.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 01-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
Targa Tim ...... talking to your accountant?
No... just hoping to get the free one
BTW, I never talk to accountant before any cars purchase, I only talk to my wife.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

User 'Just in time' posted this photo from Daytona at the 991 gt3 forum. PCNA arranged to bring the single 'Club Blau' Coupe to the famous race event in Florida after it's introduction* at the new Atlanta headquarters earlier this week!

Saludos,
Eduardo

*Video of that event at PCNA's new headquarters in Atlanta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...oxSdklOcM#t=24

Old 01-24-2015, 12:07 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
User 'Just in time' posted this photo from Daytona at the 991 gt3 forum. PCNA arranged to bring the single 'Club Blau' Coupe to the famous race event in Florida after it's introduction* at the new Atlanta headquarters earlier this week! Saludos, Eduardo *Video of that event at PCNA's new headquarters in Atlanta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...oxSdklOcM#t=24 .
Looks stunning.

Thanks for posting.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:10 PM
flooringthepedal
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is PCNA allowing it's members to win the 1 car?

[quote]The GTS Club Coupe will be launched in the United States in June 2015. Porsche Club of America members will have the opportunity to purchase one of 59 vehicles and PCA members will also be eligible to win the initial display vehicle. Official details will be announced February 1st, 2015 on www.pca.org. The MSRP is $136,060, not including a destination charge of $995.[\quote]
Old 01-24-2015, 07:14 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by flooringthepedal
Details to be released soon.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:23 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by flooringthepedal

The GTS Club Coupe will be launched in the United States in June 2015. Porsche Club of America members will have the opportunity to purchase one of 59 vehicles and PCA members will also be eligible to win the initial display vehicle. Official details will be announced February 1st, 2015 on www.pca.org. The MSRP is $136,060, not including a destination charge of $995.
Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) is not allowing its employees to win the one car. Porsche is giving away one GTS Club Coupe to a member of Porsche Club of America (PCA) via some sort of lottery. It's not clear if the entire membership of PCA (over 100,000) will be eligible to win the car...or just those that enter the lottery for the purchase of the 59 remaining cars! Those details have not yet been announced.

From the press release:

"Porsche will give one GTS Club Coupe away to a lucky PCA member (details will be made available soon), and the other 59 will be available for purchase for $136,060 (not including $995 destination fee) by PCA members through a lottery."

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 01-25-2015, 02:20 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Edit- Sounds like they are giving one away, and selling the rest via no obligation to buy lottery. https://www.pca.org/news/2015-01-21/...gts-club-coupe
"Porsche will give one GTS Club Coupe away to a lucky PCA member (details will be made available soon), and the other 59 will be available for purchase for $136,060 (not including $995 destination fee) by PCA members through a lottery. Applicants must fill out and submit a registration form to participate in this offer, which will be made available on PCA.org on February 1. There is no charge for the opportunity to register, and there is no obligation to purchase the vehicle."

Last edited by chuck911; 01-25-2015 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:47 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by chuck911
Edit- Sounds like they are giving one away, and selling the rest via no obligation to buy lottery.
Chuck, I know you have edited your original 'snarky' remarks...but we still don't know for sure what is going on here. As you know, PCA sells raffle tickets for one or two Porsches every year. They have become such money makers that it's the only reason PCA operates each year in the 'black'! The club has actually become dependent on these raffles to operate beyond their normal means, which is based on dues payed by the members. These raffles create an 'addiction', in my humble opinion. And it drives PCA deeper into a reliance on the goodwill of PCNA/PAG for the club to operate at this higher expenditure level...which is not based on dues, but on these special arrangements with Porsche. And that is the political danger for the club organization in the long run!

Usually, PCA will buy a model from PCNA at a special discounted price...even below dealer invoice...and then raffles-it off to the membership! These raffles bring in double or triple the amount that it takes for PCA to buy the car...and thus the windfall for the club. But PCA has worded this 60th Anniversary edition press release differently. 'Porsche will give one GTS Club Coupe away'...and not 'PCA will raffle one GTS Club Coupe'! So indeed Porsche, who stand to earn a handsome profit on each of the other 59 GTS Club Coupes it will sell to the PCA membership, might indeed be giving ONE car away...without the Club having to pay for it! Let's wait and see what they announced on Feb 1st. The proof is always in the small print.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 01-26-2015, 10:40 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes sorry as a former PCA region board member and president I should know better. But I've been away long enough to forget just how high they set the bar when it comes to corruption. (Is it still snarky even when its true?) So I was thinking they'd never give one away. Totally forgetting that when it comes to these guys, they not only won't give one away they'll find a way of making people pay two three four times what its worth, skimming off the top for themselves even as they create the impression of generously helping the common member. I remember one multi-region event where the "drawing" for the door prizes got to where everyone stopped applauding and we all just sat there going "WTF?" at each other when we all realized the winners were all board members and event planners. Oops. But that was region level. National level I'm sure its all on the level. Madoff's level.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
User 'Just in time' posted this photo from Daytona at the 991 gt3 forum. PCNA arranged to bring the single 'Club Blau' Coupe to the famous race event in Florida after it's introduction* at the new Atlanta headquarters earlier this week! Saludos, Eduardo *Video of that event at PCNA's new headquarters in Atlanta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...oxSdklOcM#t=24 .
That colo(u)r is beautiful... If I was single again.....
Old 01-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman
That colo(u)r is beautiful... If I was single again.....
I think that's a useful bargaining tool with your partner ... its a stunning car and color ... you can borrow LexVan's *****
Old 01-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I think that's a useful bargaining tool with your partner ... its a stunning car and color ... you can borrow LexVan's *****
I probably wouldn't be able to return them to lexvan in the same [unbattered] condition....
Like a good dream... I'll just keep it to myself
Old 01-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman
I probably wouldn't be able to return them to lexvan in the same [unbattered] condition....
Like a good dream... I'll just keep it to myself
I have a strict rule; I dont require prior approval of my wife's; shoes, hair, clothes or accessories purchases, and she doesn't have any say on the specs of my cars...

I think remaining single until my 50's had something to do with it also!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:51 PM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Yes sorry as a former PCA region board member and president I should know better. But I've been away long enough to forget just how high they set the bar when it comes to corruption. (Is it still snarky even when its true?) So I was thinking they'd never give one away. Totally forgetting that when it comes to these guys, they not only won't give one away they'll find a way of making people pay two three four times what its worth, skimming off the top for themselves even as they create the impression of generously helping the common member. I remember one multi-region event where the "drawing" for the door prizes got to where everyone stopped applauding and we all just sat there going "WTF?" at each other when we all realized the winners were all board members and event planners. Oops. But that was region level. National level I'm sure its all on the level. Madoff's level.
Extremely well said, I agree!

Quick Reply: GTS Club Sport Model