Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

car looks damn good btw!!!
Old 01-19-2015, 01:27 AM
0explorer
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shaytun
0explorer,
You decided to de-badge the doors yourself? I will on my order, I like the cleaner look. This GTS announces itself without the stickers
Yup. It was fairly easy to remove the stickers. Same thinking as you; it's cleaner without them.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:35 AM
0explorer
Track Day

Originally Posted by dogshyne
i have the same bumper and i don't have sport pasm (just pasm) and it is scraped up. when it happens don't let it drive you crazy... just get some touch up and you will be fine.

yours is WAY lower than mine!!!
I'm definitely not going to sweat it. I know I'm going to scrape the bumper; it's just a matter of when, how many times, and how bad. At the end of the day, I'm leasing this car and that helps psychologically with this sort'a stuff. I think there's a solid chance though that I may keep the car after the lease....will see.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:42 AM
0explorer
Track Day

On a slight tangent -- I did swap out the amber side markers with clear ones. On a silver exterior I think it's much improved.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:47 AM
drmatara
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 0explorer
On a slight tangent -- I did swap out the amber side markers with clear ones. On a silver exterior I think it's much improved.
did you get the LED ones?
Old 01-20-2015, 01:19 AM
0explorer
Track Day

Originally Posted by drmatara
did you get the LED ones?
Nope. Just changed the reflector. Still got the amber bulb.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:10 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

very pretty -- how about a sport design ducktail? would complete the look imho ...

curious -- does the sport chrono option give a different throttle map in a manual car when sport or sport plus is activated?
Old 01-20-2015, 04:41 AM
0explorer
Track Day

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
very pretty -- how about a sport design ducktail? would complete the look imho ...
I don't disagree - It's the one option I waffled the most on before my config was locked. Ultimately, I really liked the all the black trim accents on the GTS -- and the black engine vents simply extended that effect. Although with one exception; I would have preferred platinum colored wheels. I'm not saying I don't like the black Turbo S wheels. I just like a little more contrast between the wheel and the tire.

curious -- does the sport chrono option give a different throttle map in a manual car when sport or sport plus is activated?
I've actually had it in sport mode for most of my driving so far (not sure why). *I think* throttle response is more aggressive, but honestly, I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on that..
Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

It activates rev match. May also activate torque vectoring as well. Not sure on the latter.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:08 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

does the sport chrono option give a different throttle map in a manual car when sport or sport plus is activated?
Yes. Definitely.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
Yes. Definitely.
+1 Sport and + alter pretty much every electronic system on the car...even in a manual, ECU, PASM, PSM ... and on a PDK car it would also change PDK and PTV+
Old 01-20-2015, 08:17 PM
0explorer
Track Day

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1 Sport and + alter pretty much every electronic system on the car...even in a manual, ECU, PASM, PSM ... and on a PDK car it would also change PDK and PTV+
From my drive today, I made a couple observations:

(1) Regarding Rev Matching/Blip — I definitely noticed it in Sport Plus; I didn’t notice it in Sport mode (unless it’s quite subtle). It was really cool. I may have to drive in Sport Plus more often

(2) Sports Exhaust — typically this has a permanent memory. i.e, it’s engaged, the car turns off, then on restart it’s still engaged. However, I noticed today that when I also use Sport/Plus, on restart Sport Exhaust is disengaged. I hadn’t yet had coffee yet; so maybe I imagined it, but I don’t think so.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

(1) Regarding Rev Matching/Blip — I definitely noticed it in Sport Plus; I didn’t notice it in Sport mode (unless it’s quite subtle). It was really cool. I may have to drive in Sport Plus more often

(2) Sports Exhaust — typically this has a permanent memory. i.e, it’s engaged, the car turns off, then on restart it’s still engaged. However, I noticed today that when I also use Sport/Plus, on restart Sport Exhaust is disengaged. I hadn’t yet had coffee yet; so maybe I imagined it, but I don’t think so.
blipping/rev matching is only active in Sport+

PSE opens around 2500-3000 rpm, unless you press the PSE button on the console... or at least that's how it worked on 997s...
Old 01-20-2015, 09:51 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

1. My observation is that rev match is only engaged in sport plus.

2. Everything resets after restart. Accept auto stop start, and PASM if already engaged. Also noticed that the sport exhaust requires a blip on the gas pedal to engage.

BTW: Nice color combo.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a 991 GTS pdk and have found that the car will rev match when sifting down in standard mode or even when braking very hard into a bend. I believe its more to do with engine speed when the down shift occurs rather than the mode you are in. For example if you are revving high in third and brake and sift down to second, the engine will blip to take account for the now even higher rpm.

I think its just more noticeable in sports+ mode because the car is kept at much high revs and thus the 'blip' happens more often.

Quick Reply: New GTS Owner first impressions