LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. PASM Sport Suspension
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)

Missing something? Cheers
Old 12-20-2014, 05:55 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Definitely performance orientated! Nice.

More street terrorizer than boulevard cruiser!

If your intention is to go light on the gadgets, (Bose/Seats/Keyless entry) it looks good.

Last edited by STG; 12-20-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 612 Posts

You might want to try the 14 & 18 way seats if you haven't already. I love the 14s but couldn't get comfortable in the 18s.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:25 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

Very nice simple build! You will be happy!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 PM
pap2828
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like a great spec to me...!
Old 12-20-2014, 08:43 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

You're gonna eat about $7,000 out of the $8,000 you spend on those brakes at time of trade-in or resale...I think they're totally unnecessary (especially with black wheels that hide dust anyways). Stock steel brakes are fantastic and good enough for the CUP.

PDCC makes the 991 feel even more artificial than it already does alongside this car's electric power steering so I'd skip that too. If your goal is to skim an extra 3 seconds off your Nurburgring time it might be worth keeping it.

The base audio system is pretty poor and I'm not an audiophile by any means. The BOSE isn't great but at least it sounds what I'll call "acceptable" in a car at this price. I know I would personally pass on any car without Bose or Burmeister that doesn't have a GT3 emblem on the back.

I would skip the front parking assist as well. Extra cost + the ugly sensors on the front end of your car. Do you really need help to see what's in front of you in a car this small?
Old 12-20-2014, 08:55 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by destaccado
You're gonna eat about $7,000 out of the $8,000 you spend on those brakes at time of trade-in or resale...I think they're totally unnecessary. Stock steel brakes are fantastic and good enough for the CUP! PDCC makes the 991 feel even more artificial than it already does alongside this car's electric power steering so I'd skip that too. If your goal is to skim an extra 3 seconds off your Nurburgring time it might be worth keeping it. The base audio system is pretty poor and I'm not an audiophile by any means. The BOSE isn't great but at least it sounds what I'll call "acceptable" in a car at this price. I know I would personally pass on any car without Bose or Burmeister that doesn't have a GT3 emblem on the back. I would skip the front parking assist as well. Extra cost + the ugly sensors on the front end of your car. Do you really need help to see what's in front of you in a car this small?
All valid and agreeable points on my end! I would do all of the above plus upgrade the seats.

What I have found is that most everyone has beat to death their builds and for whatever reason ask for feedback but already have their minds made up.

It usually starts endless debates and running around in circles.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:14 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
All valid and agreeable points on my end! I would do all of the above plus upgrade the seats.

What I have found is that most everyone has beat to death their builds and for whatever reason ask for feedback but already have their minds made up.

It usually starts endless debates and running around in circles.
So true!

I have the 18-way because I bought my car as CPO but can't really notice a comfort difference with the 4-way and would almost prefer the manual adjustment since I sometimes use the back right seat and getting people in an out with the electric ones is an almost embarrassing task it takes so long to do (back, forward, back). Than again, I'm 5'10 so the seats are basically designed for guys my build and height.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:39 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
You're gonna eat about $7,000 out of the $8,000 you spend on those brakes at time of trade-in or resale...I think they're totally unnecessary (especially with black wheels that hide dust anyways). Stock steel brakes are fantastic and good enough for the CUP.

PDCC makes the 991 feel even more artificial than it already does alongside this car's electric power steering so I'd skip that too. If your goal is to skim an extra 3 seconds off your Nurburgring time it might be worth keeping it.

The base audio system is pretty poor and I'm not an audiophile by any means. The BOSE isn't great but at least it sounds what I'll call "acceptable" in a car at this price. I know I would personally pass on any car without Bose or Burmeister that doesn't have a GT3 emblem on the back.

I would skip the front parking assist as well. Extra cost + the ugly sensors on the front end of your car. Do you really need help to see what's in front of you in a car this small?

Thanks for the terrific feedback. I have been debating the CCB, PDDC, and seats for weeks now. Keep changing my mind. But your points are priceless.

Unfortunately, I'm an idiot. I love toys--CCB while offer no benefit on the street and probably on the track, have a "cool" factor in my head. From what I've heard about the PDDC, while it makes the car feel more artificial, I've read that it good for bumpy roads...I live in Pittsburgh; we don't have potholes, we have craters. Is this true?

I rarely listen to the radio, so spending $2K on a mediocre system to listen to the radio, doesn't sit well on my palate.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:40 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

This is why I hate Porsche: giving people with severe OCD and ADHD too many damn options to play with.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:02 AM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
Thanks for the terrific feedback. I have been debating the CCB, PDDC, and seats for weeks now. Keep changing my mind. But your points are priceless.

Unfortunately, I'm an idiot. I love toys--CCB while offer no benefit on the street and probably on the track, have a "cool" factor in my head. From what I've heard about the PDDC, while it makes the car feel more artificial, I've read that it good for bumpy roads...I live in Pittsburgh; we don't have potholes, we have craters. Is this true?

I rarely listen to the radio, so spending $2K on a mediocre system to listen to the radio, doesn't sit well on my palate.
I'm the same way with the radio and found the base audio sounds to me when I do listen to music. Then again maybe I don't have to ear for audio to appreciate the upgrades. That beign said, there are others that have said to go with the base or Burmester
Old 12-21-2014, 12:58 AM
STG
Race Director

Believe it or not, the 2K on the Bose will all come back to you at resale and make the car easier to sell.

The ceramics will only net you an extra 1K or so at resale. I've talked to multiple dealers that said they give nothing additional in trade ins for ceramics.

For what it's worth...
Old 12-21-2014, 01:12 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

I guess I'll have to re-think the CCB from a financial point of view. First world problems lol
Old 12-21-2014, 01:19 AM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Skip the brakes, upgrade atleast to the Bose and also upgrade the seats and you will be really happy!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:52 AM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Skip the ceramics and go for the center locks. Yeah they're higher maintenance or whatever, but they look epic and you'll have an 8 grand budget for wheel attendants

Also GT silver is rad but b4 you lock it in go see rhodium in person outside at all angles then again at night under the lights. It's an extremely underrated silver with a ton of Internet hate. That's 12k off for the same car if you find you like it.

Quick Reply: My GTS order (please advice)