Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Lidliner
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 47 Likes on 10 Posts
Default GB Lid Liner 991

Hey Guys-For the holidays we are offering a limited number of our custom interior lid protection liners for our best GB offer of 30% off!

As a rennlist member you can now visit our site and use discount code- RENN997 –in check out you’ll see adjustment to your total

We appreciate those who have been patiently waiting and wish you all a wonderful holiday!

Send a PM or email with any questions and search the forum for more information(than you may want…)

http://lidliner.com/collections/pors...lid-liner-2012

Lid Liner Corp.
jim@lidliner.com
800-933-3375
813-371-0161
Old 12-12-2014, 02:59 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Great price. Great product. Great Remnlist vendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 12-12-2014, 11:01 PM
dwhorton
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance you'll extend the discount to your luggage compartment liners as well?
Old 12-14-2014, 02:47 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 272 Posts

Just paid full price a week ago.

Lesson learned...

DaveGee
Old 12-14-2014, 04:26 AM
VOLTCONTROL
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dasschild
Hey Guys-For the holidays we are offering a limited number of our custom interior lid protection liners for our best GB offer of 30% off!

As a rennlist member you can now visit our site and use discount code- RENN997 –in check out you’ll see adjustment to your total

We appreciate those who have been patiently waiting and wish you all a wonderful holiday!

Send a PM or email with any questions and search the forum for more information(than you may want…)

http://lidliner.com/collections/pors...lid-liner-2012
Excellent!

P.s. The correct code seems to be RENN991
Old 12-14-2014, 04:29 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
Just paid full price a week ago.

Lesson learned...

DaveGee
That lesson is known as a deflationary spiral, and it's fatal to an economy.

Don't learn that lesson, please. Best thing for them to do is credit you the difference as a loyal customer.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:33 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VOLTCONTROL
Excellent!

P.s. The correct code seems to be RENN991
+1

Just used RENN991.

Thanks for the discount! Love your products... Keep it up!
Old 12-14-2014, 10:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Ordered! Thanks for the offer.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:00 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dwhorton
Any chance you'll extend the discount to your luggage compartment liners as well?
It looks like the liner is for the 997.

Still... it looks like a neat product, and it would be nice if it were available for the 991.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:12 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by MJBird993
It looks like the liner is for the 997. Still... it looks like a neat product, and it would be nice if it were available for the 991.
I ordered the 991. They have them all!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:04 PM
ahughes3214
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJBird993
It looks like the liner is for the 997.

Still... it looks like a neat product, and it would be nice if it were available for the 991.
I installed the liner and it is a great product. Tookless than five minutes to install and provides great protection to the hood. Highly recommended.

Drew
Old 12-19-2014, 12:29 AM
gusp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just a noob so please excuse my ignorance but.... Is this really necessary? Has anyone actually damaged their frunk lid from the inside where this would have prevented it?
Old 12-19-2014, 01:16 AM
scatkins
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gusp
I'm just a noob so please excuse my ignorance but.... Is this really necessary? Has anyone actually damaged their frunk lid from the inside where this would have prevented it?
I asked this same question a year or so ago... A few folks argued that with a frunk full of stuff or maybe a sharp object and closing the lid it's possible to have stuff cause outward dents..

The other day I was shoving a bunch of stuff in at home depot and realized that I couldn't close the lid, and it made me realize it is certainly possible to do some damage if you were careless.

Probably depends on how you use the frunk.

One comment I heard was that it adds weight to the lid, so it can make it a bit more difficult to reach your fingers under to release that latch. Not sure if it is true or not or if that was directed at the 991 or maybe an older model.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:10 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by scatkins
I asked this same question a year or so ago... A few folks argued that with a frunk full of stuff or maybe a sharp object and closing the lid it's possible to have stuff cause outward dents.. The other day I was shoving a bunch of stuff in at home depot and realized that I couldn't close the lid, and it made me realize it is certainly possible to do some damage if you were careless. Probably depends on how you use the frunk. One comment I heard was that it adds weight to the lid, so it can make it a bit more difficult to reach your fingers under to release that latch. Not sure if it is true or not or if that was directed at the 991 or maybe an older model.
I just received one yesterday. It's still in the box, and the weight say 4 lbs on the shipping form (and that's including the box)! It's light plastic. Weight should definitely not be an issue.

If you're not over packing over the top of the frunk, you'll never have a problem. It's good insurance in case, plus I think it looks good against the silver hood (in my case).
Old 12-19-2014, 10:39 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by scatkins
I asked this same question a year or so ago... A few folks argued that with a frunk full of stuff or maybe a sharp object and closing the lid it's possible to have stuff cause outward dents..

The other day I was shoving a bunch of stuff in at home depot and realized that I couldn't close the lid, and it made me realize it is certainly possible to do some damage if you were careless.

Probably depends on how you use the frunk.

One comment I heard was that it adds weight to the lid, so it can make it a bit more difficult to reach your fingers under to release that latch. Not sure if it is true or not or if that was directed at the 991 or maybe an older model.
The weight is negligible.

It looks really good. More finished. The new ones for the 991 series are especially nice, they are smaller and only over the immediate deep bin area.

On the very rare occasion that I've put a lot of stuff in the trunk, I like having the lid protector there to protect the underside from being abraded over a long drive from movement and vibrations, from things like a metal clasp or zipper from luggage. Not so much from a bent or dimple.

Quick Reply: GB Lid Liner 991