Sponsored by:

2015 991 S Manual Available!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Lebreeze
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by drmatara
I have that but I don't see it on my window sticker as an option...
What's the difference?
Old 11-23-2014, 10:05 PM
911sccab
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

You guys criticizing the build realize that Porsche offers options because people will pay a premium for what they want, right? This might be very well different from what you or I want. If everybody wanted the same thing they'd likely all have the same goals... and what a boring Camry-filled world that would be.

Finally, it's got a manual transmission so I want it! (No offense meant to the PDK folks. I know your car is faster... I just like the "option" of shifting for myself.)
Old 11-23-2014, 10:59 PM
drmatara
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lebreeze
What's the difference?
That's what I'm trying to find out...When I configured my 2015 cab I did not see that option..I don't think is just the regular hood emblem...I never saw a Porsche without one.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:14 AM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 911sccab
You guys criticizing the build realize that Porsche offers options because people will pay a premium for what they want, right? This might be very well different from what you or I want. If everybody wanted the same thing they'd likely all have the same goals... and what a boring Camry-filled world that would be.

Finally, it's got a manual transmission so I want it! (No offense meant to the PDK folks. I know your car is faster... I just like the "option" of shifting for myself.)
I think it's a great build and am happy there are different tastes and options. I like a lot of the details chosen here. Not everyone with the manual wants only performance options
Old 11-24-2014, 01:14 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by todd92
Maybe I am harsh, but I think things like SPASM, PSE, PDCC and SC would have far more appeal to someone looking for a 7MT than a bunch of deviated stitching.
Originally Posted by maxpowers
I think it's a great build and am happy there are different tastes and options. I like a lot of the details chosen here. Not everyone with the manual wants only performance options
+1

todd92: I think both have their own appeal. I, for one, love the options offered through Porsche Exclusive... Deviated stitching, Paint to Sample, etc. Brett knows how to order cars. He tailors his inventory to match certain prospective buyers. I'm continuously impressed by how detailed and specific his builds are, and they always find good homes. They aren't all for me, but there's someone out there for each one.

Good luck with the sale, Brett! I'll pass on the word to some of my folks; hopefully someone will bite.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-25-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:19 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

What is "ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest 0,00 USD" ?
Originally Posted by kaution321
Nice build! That ornamental porsche crest is just the front emblem correct?
Originally Posted by rnl
Frunk crest
Correct.

I have that but I don't see it on my window sticker as an option...
It's not a real option. It's there for PAG inventory tracking purposes, I believe. Strange that it isn't on your window sticker, it was on my 50th's. As was another $0 option:

ZAC No Sunroof
Old 11-24-2014, 03:13 AM
drmatara
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Correct.

It's not a real option. It's there for PAG inventory tracking purposes, I believe. Strange that it isn't on your window sticker, it was on my 50th's. As was another $0 option:

ZAC No Sunroof
Interesting...maybe it was an "option" pre MY2015
Old 11-24-2014, 10:38 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Sonnen, thanks for being a board sponsor.

After being a frequent visitor to the "991 picture thread", I can tell we all have varied tastes. As long as it's perfect for its owner, it doesn't matter what the build is.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. As someone who drives a 2014 991 S with the Sport Design package I know not to tick the Sport PASM option as you will crunch the front of the car everywhere you go. The standard PASM feature is as good a suspension as 99% of the folks coming in will ever need and they will still be able to get out of most driveways without leaving the front bumper behind. The Sport exhaust can always be added here at the dealer which is why I rarely tick that option as $3000 for an exhaust that adds no power is expensive.

As for the stitching I think it adds to the interior appeal dramatically which is where you spend 99% of your time. The interior matched paint in GT Silver looks stunning when the light hits it and is a styling feature that may not appeal to everyone as are the silver seat belts. I always think about the client when I build these cars and wanted to have a nicely optioned manual S coupe for stock in this case. As for the GTS that car was not in our system when I built this car out 5 months ago and I agree that the 991140 is a sweet car.....but you will have to wait and order that car while you could be driving this beauty today!
Old 11-25-2014, 03:55 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe I am harsh, but I think things like SPASM, PSE, PDCC and SC would have far more appeal to someone looking for a 7MT than a bunch of deviated stitching.
You are harsh. This isn't 6speed.

I like all of that deviated stitching, and I'm glad to see that Sonnen didn't order all of that other silly stuff.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and presume that someone who configures and actually sells new cars knows more about what the market wants than the typical Joe on the street.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:57 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Don't fed the troll!! Gobble gobble everyone. Again, great car.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 11-25-2014, 05:44 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
As for the stitching I think it adds to the interior appeal dramatically which is where you spend 99% of your time. The interior matched paint in GT Silver looks stunning when the light hits it and is a styling feature that may not appeal to everyone as are the silver seat belts. I always think about the client when I build these cars and wanted to have a nicely optioned manual S coupe for stock in this case.

I cannot +1 this any harder!
Old 11-25-2014, 05:48 PM
todd92
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand now. Any 'build', whether a zero option base or a GTS, PTS, deviated everything, all options checked, is a 'great' build, with all the right options checked.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:49 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

I understand now. Any 'build', whether a zero option base or a GTS, PTS, deviated everything, all options checked, is a 'great' build, with all the right options checked.
This car wasn't built for you in mind.

But for the person it was built for, it's a "great build." We are recognizing that it's an impressive build, and that for some of us, if we were in the market for a 7MT 991S, this might be it.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:57 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
This car wasn't built for you in mind. But for the person it was built for, it's a "great build." We are recognizing that it's an impressive build, and that for some of us, if we were in the market for a 7MT 991S, this might be it.
Who is this mysterious person it was built for? Wouldn't it have an owner if he existed?

It's a beautiful car, almost an exact copy of mine, except for PSE, SC, PDK, and SPASM. To Todd's credit, I assume some of the critics value some of these options as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing Sonnen. Just stating the facts.

Quick Reply: 2015 991 S Manual Available!