Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used 911 50th Anniversary edition pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 10:48 PM
motenai
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used 911 50th Anniversary edition pricing?

Hello all. My question is what would be considered a fair (US) price for one? I've been on the hunt for a 911 for a while, and have decided on a 991. The 50th Anniversary edition model appeals to me for many reasons and I have found quite a few low mileage examples. I've scoured the internet and this fine forum for as much information as possible on the subject of used values of the 911_50, but there's not a whole lot out there.

The "911_50 Official Registry" thread probably had the most relevant information as there was discussion on the model holding it's value better than the regular model 991S' of which I have no doubt due to it's limited production and features that may not be rereleased (houndstooth interior, gauges, paint), but the examples I've found online seem to range from still asking for full MSRP to maybe $17k less than MSRP.

The particular one I've found and have focused my attention on has an asking price of just under $128k, with an original MSRP of a little over $137k. This particular example has just over 4.5k miles on it and is CPO with the following options:

030 - PASM Sport Suspension
276 - Automatically dimming mirrors
342 - Seat heating (front)
487 - 7-speed Manual Transmission
581 - Luggage net in passenger footwell
583 - Smoking package
602 - LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
625 - Porsche Entry & Drive
630 - Light Design Package
636 - ParkAssist (front and rear)
653 - Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
658 - Power Steering Plus
680 - BOSE® Surround Sound System
686 - SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver
EFA - Pedals and footrest in Aluminum
JD - Classic Interior with Seats in Leather/Cloth Combination, Agate Grey/Geyser Grey
XRU - 20-inch Sport Classic wheel
Y3 - Geyser Grey Metallic

It's a pretty well optioned example and has 99% of what I want, 18-way Adaptive Sport Seats Plus being the only available option it doesn't have since you can't get ventilated seats with the houndstooth cloth. As I said earlier, I know that the 911_50 should hold their value better than regular 911S', but what can I consider a fair price for this particular one?
Old 11-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I am curious to know what they will sell it for. If it were not a 50th, I would think that would be a very rich price for a used car.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What you said is consistent with what others have reported, but used 50th prices aren't set in stone as its early days yet so try to contact a few dealers to test the water. I suspect there might be standout deals out there as was the case with new 50th - some bought at MSRP while others got upto 7% off. Cars history might have a bearing on price too, was it registered to an individual or was it a Porsche car used as loan car/media duties etc.

Let us know what you come up with.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:07 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Sounds like the one at Porsche Beachwood:
http://beachwood.porschedealer.com/c...55635/info.php
It seems like a great buy with the CPO, low mileage and great options. I'm surprised it hasn't sold, but I was in Beachwood yesterday and it was snowing lightly.
If you haven't talked with them, call and ask for Brad. He actually likes the cars as well as selling them.
I also think a Geyser looks far better in person than any picture I have seen.
If I didn't want AWD, it's likely this car would be sold already, in spite of the no ventilated seats - the build is nearly perfect to me.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:47 AM
motenai
Intermediate

Keadog, that's the one I'm talking about! I haven't had a chance to see it in person, unfortunately I live in Florida but am overseas until Sunday, so getting up to Ohio isn't feasible. Can you tell me anything else about it? Any chips, dings, scrapes? I've been communicating with David at the dealership, but it's hard to describe what I'm looking for in terms of overall condition.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:07 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I would bet against 50ths holding their value better if the prior anniversary editions are anything to go by.

FYI - I'm was talking to my dealer about a used '12 or '13 991 C2S as a beater/train station car (considering it or an M235). With reasonable options and they told me that it would be about $80k to $85k.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:30 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

If that's the car you really want, it sounds like a pretty good deal because of the CPO. Make a strong offer and dig in.

On the other hand. For about the same money you could order a new GTS and maybe get what you want too.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 11-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by motenai
Keadog, that's the one I'm talking about! I haven't had a chance to see it in person, unfortunately I live in Florida but am overseas until Sunday, so getting up to Ohio isn't feasible. Can you tell me anything else about it? Any chips, dings, scrapes? I've been communicating with David at the dealership, but it's hard to describe what I'm looking for in terms of overall condition.
I was walking distance from the dealer, but didn't stop in so I haven't seen the car. I don't know anyone there but Brad Kennett (I followed him there from Stoddard's when the NE Ohio massacre occurred). It's 1.5 hours from me now and I won't be back on the East side anytime soon; sorry. We almost stopped to say hi to Brad after lunch, but we decided to go to Tiffany's and another jewelry store instead before heading home
I ordered my '13 Boxster from Brad at Beachwood and when I went to trade it for a C4S in April, they low balled me so badly on my trade, I ended up at Porsche North Olmstead (who have been great so far).
If David isn't giving you the information you want, call and ask for Brad. I don't see how hard it should be to ask for close up pics of any dings or chips - everybody has a decent camera phone with email, right?
If you want a MT 50th, my guess is it's worth a little more than an average used C2S with Powerkit, even if they don't end up as collector cars. I don't know the ratio, but I'm pretty sure they made more PDKs and that car is very nicely optioned as well.
Good luck!
Old 11-08-2014, 02:05 PM
motenai
Intermediate

No worries Keadog, I appreciate your assessment of the cars options and desirability.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:19 PM
motenai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexVan
On the other hand. For about the same money you could order a new GTS and maybe get what you want too. Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
LexVan, you've got a great point. I've gone back and forth on the idea of a GTS as well, but I'm leaning more toward the 50th for a few reasons:

1. The 50th has the same qualities I like as the GTS, but I think it'll be a little more unique and has a bit of history with it being an anniversary edition. I like the houndstooth more then the alcantara and the gauges and Fuchs look wheels look stunning, in my opinion.

2. If I got the GTS, I'd delete the alcantara seats in favor of ventilated seats, and would like to have deviated stitching in the interior, which I've been told is not available on the GTS unless you do the alcantara with communication package.

3. The CPO gives me quite a bit more peace of mind, and it's definitely an added value that I think is worth the extra cost.

Last edited by motenai; 11-08-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I would bet against 50ths holding their value better if the prior anniversary editions are anything to go by.
Holts has a Silver 25th anniversary for $88,000 and its not even a coupe (Cabriolet).

Porsche Nederland had a 30th anniversary for €125,000 ($180,000) back in summer.

For some reason all everyone remembers is the 40th anniversary 996 which is the least desirable Porsche of all time and so the odd one out.

Originally Posted by Keadog
If you want a MT 50th, my guess is it's worth a little more than an average used C2S with Powerkit, even if they don't end up as collector cars. I don't know the ratio, but I'm pretty sure they made more PDKs and that car is very nicely optioned as well.
Good luck!
I estimated US has around 20% in MT7 ROW was lower around 10%.

Originally Posted by motenai
1. The 50th has the same qualities I like as the GTS, but I think it'll be a little more unique and has a bit of history with it being an anniversary edition. I like the houndstooth more then the alcantara and the gauges and Fuchs look wheels look stunning, in my opinion.
Don't forget the unique colours, Geyser Grey has to be seen in flesh to be truly appreciated.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:16 PM
motenai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Don't forget the unique colours, Geyser Grey has to be seen in flesh to be truly appreciated.
Mondrian, an excellent point! I saw that color a couple of months ago at another dealer, but it had the 18way sports plus seats, PCCB, PDK and a $158k price tag! It's hard to describe the color, I normally don't prefer brown or grey interiors, but the agate gray interior looks like a perfect match with geyser grey paint. I saw a video of geyser grey with black interior and it just looked off to me...
Old 11-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

I loved the color in the flesh. They were getting ready to delivery one at PNO on one of our first trips there. I was taken by how much better it looked in person than any picture I had seen.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:36 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Holts has a Silver 25th anniversary for $88,000 and its not even a coupe (Cabriolet).

Porsche Nederland had a 30th anniversary for €125,000 ($180,000) back in summer.

For some reason all everyone remembers is the 40th anniversary 996 which is the least desirable Porsche of all time and so the odd one out.
Different market in the US for them then!

1989s you want a Turbo or Speedster , 1993s you want an RS America, 2004s its been GT3s then Turbos. The rest are pretty clustered including all the anniversary models. Watched a number of 25ths not sell for months at around $45ks.

The best resale at the moment is going to come from a GT3 on the 991 models. Still a number unsold at MSRP.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:09 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Different market in the US for them then!

1989s you want a Turbo or Speedster , 1993s you want an RS America, 2004s its been GT3s then Turbos. The rest are pretty clustered including all the anniversary models. Watched a number of 25ths not sell for months at around $45ks.

The best resale at the moment is going to come from a GT3 on the 991 models. Still a number unsold at MSRP.
Make sure to drop me a line if you see any nice 25th going for decent money, its not a US thing as noted by euro price in my earlier post. Incidentally 50th is the only anniversary model with wide body RWD and unique retro features & colours which should mean it will perform even better that the other Jubi models (resale value).

Incidentally 89 speedster had a higher production run than 50th & less equipped than a normal cab.

Quick Reply: Used 911 50th Anniversary edition pricing?