Upgraded to a Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:47 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
What dealership? Just curious.
Looks like Paul Miller in Parsippany NJ.

Congats on new ride!!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow - looks fantastic! Would love to see the interior.

You know I love the color combo!!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:43 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, the dealer is Paul Miller in Parsippany. Have worked with Norman Mandell there on my past two cars. My buddy is a leasing broker and so I let him be the "go-between" so he could promote himself a bit, though I paid no mark-up to him for going through a broker.

I took some pics of the interior last night. The lighting isn't great as the car was in my garage. Hope to take more exterior and interior pics under better conditions soon. Also getting a tint done on Friday (35% on my side and rear windows, same as I had on my C2S).
Attached Images    
Old 10-29-2014, 05:47 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tapeworm
I'm interested in why you say the LEDs are better than then bi-xenons? It seems in the US they are limited to the same light output and you lose the (what I think are cool) LED strip DRLs and instead get four bright dots, which I just don't think look good.

I would love to hear what you think the differences are...?

Of course it's really frustrating that even cheap cars like the new Miata have LEDs standard yet Porsche charges a fortune for them.... Grrrrr
I actually think the 4 dots look pretty cool, but that's a matter of personal preference. I also agree that it's frustrating that most cheap new cars have full LED lighting. I'm no expert on light output, all I can say after a few nights of driving the same roads is that the LEDs to me appear to give off a brighter light than the bi-xenons and do a much better job of lighting up the immediate roadway and also seem to cover a much greater distance. This could be just me rationalizing the $2k option, but all kidding aside, I was quite disappointed with the bi-xenons and I am very pleased thus far with the LEDs.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:47 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Michael_s
Looks like Paul Miller in Parsippany NJ.

Congats on new ride!!
Thanks Michael! I know you've been shopping around recently, but that's a great grasp on the tri-state dealerships! Well done.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:35 PM
spourreza
Pro

Originally Posted by eg991
Hi all - in honor of my 40th birthday back in September, I decided to take advantage of the PFS 12-month pull-ahead program and I placed an order for a 991 Turbo. Specs are as follows: Agate Grey, Leather Interior in Black/ Garnet Red, Sport Chrono, Sunroof in Glass, LED Headlights, Premium Package Plus, 18-way seats, Power Folding Mirrors, Smokers Package, Porsche Crest on Headrests, and Colored Wheel Center Caps. I picked up my new car from the dealer yesterday. Although it was sad saying goodbye to my 2013 C2S 7MT (and a bit melancholy because I'm leaving the manual fold), I was ecstatic to welcome the new Turbo into my stable. Quick reactions after just a few drives . . . all I can say is wow. The PDK is telepathic. The car has incredible, otherworldly, thrust. It is just insanely quick. The 18-way seats are great; so much more supportive than the 14-way seats. The LED headlights are night and day better than the bi-xenons. For those on the fence, get them. The sound is pretty good for a forced induction engine, but candidly, coming from a C2S with PSE, it's not the same. The leather interior (especially in the two-tone variant) is stunning. It's such a major upgrade over the standard interior I had in my C2S. Some iPhone pics I took at the dealer are attached. More to come.

Want to hear something nuts (not to be creepy)? I was at the dealer the day you took the Turbo at Paul Miller. I remember it. I was there buying the 2015 Cayenne S as my daily driver (drive a Ferrari F430 Spider as fun car). Congrats. Great looking car and even better in person.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:45 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks Michael! I know you've been shopping around recently, but that's a great grasp on the tri-state dealerships! Well done.
Yes, I can spot any dealer simply by a simple pic. Quite sad........ it's taken every bit on my strength not to get the turbo....... I'm talking OCD to the max!

So jealous......sigh...... time to make the donuts....
Old 10-31-2014, 02:13 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by spourreza
Want to hear something nuts (not to be creepy)? I was at the dealer the day you took the Turbo at Paul Miller. I remember it. I was there buying the 2015 Cayenne S as my daily driver (drive a Ferrari F430 Spider as fun car). Congrats. Great looking car and even better in person.
Thanks so much, that's pretty cool (and random) that you were there! Was yours the Cayenne S that was parked right in front of my turbo for a time just outside the showroom?
Old 10-31-2014, 02:14 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Michael_s
Yes, I can spot any dealer simply by a simple pic. Quite sad........ it's taken every bit on my strength not to get the turbo....... I'm talking OCD to the max!

So jealous......sigh...... time to make the donuts....
I've been following your threads on your potential change and I figured that when you had narrowed your search down to three cars a few weeks ago, that you were close to striking a deal. Stay strong, my friend, and know that if you do succumb to your weakness, you'll wind up with an awesome beast of a car!
Old 10-31-2014, 03:25 PM
spourreza
Pro

Thanks so much, that's pretty cool (and random) that you were there! Was yours the Cayenne S that was parked right in front of my turbo for a time just outside the showroom?
No, actually its the Black one in your avatar to the right. But aside, your car is awesome. I definitely miss my 991 and if I do jump from Ferrari, it would be to your car for sure. Congrats.

My Cayenne S is twin turbo. Very surprised that I don't feel the lag as much as I thought I would. The boost feature is cool. Do you feel a lag?
Old 10-31-2014, 03:28 PM
Harsany
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 40 Posts

Stunning! I pretty sure it even looks better in person!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:29 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup, the dealer is Paul Miller in Parsippany. Have worked with Norman Mandell there on my past two cars. My buddy is a leasing broker and so I let him be the "go-between" so he could promote himself a bit, though I paid no mark-up to him for going through a broker.

I took some pics of the interior last night. The lighting isn't great as the car was in my garage. Hope to take more exterior and interior pics under better conditions soon. Also getting a tint done on Friday (35% on my side and rear windows, same as I had on my C2S).
Damn - that's nice!

Quick Reply: Upgraded to a Turbo