Sponsored by:

my gts build GT Silver

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 10:16 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default my gts build GT Silver

I would appreciate any comments/suggestions on my build. DD no track. Appreciate your thoughts March 2015 delivery
U2 GT Silver Metallic
GY Leather interior Black, with Alcantara, seat centres in smoothfinish
leather
636 ParkAssist (front and rear)
XAJ Side skirts painted Exclusive
ZNS No Sunroof $0
030 PASM Sport Suspension
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
ZSS Auto Start Stop $0
435 20-inch 911 Turbo S wheels, painted in Black $0
276 Automatically dimming mirrors
342 Seat heating (front)
509 Fire extinguisher
541 Seat ventilation (front)
583 Smoking package $0
CGJ Sport Chrono stopwatch dial in Carrara White Exclusive
CPK Vehicle key painted Exclusive
P07 Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
XFJ Instrument dials in White Exclusive
XSX Seat belts in Guards Red Exclusive
840 SportDesign steering wheel $0
CUJ Fuse box cover in leather Exclusive
EGA Carbon interior package (with leather interior) Exclusive
X69 Door sill guards in carbon Exclusive
XHM Center console trim in Carbon Exclusive
686 SiriusXM™ Satellite
Old 10-27-2014, 10:24 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+ rear apron painted
Old 10-27-2014, 10:28 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Originally Posted by 991999R
+ rear apron painted
That was on my original set up on Agate , thought the black would be nice on silver , you may be right
Thanks
Old 10-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 332 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by jsr991
I would appreciate any comments/suggestions on my build. DD no track. Appreciate your thoughts March 2015 delivery
U2 GT Silver Metallic
GY Leather interior Black, with Alcantara, seat centres in smoothfinish
leather
636 ParkAssist (front and rear)
XAJ Side skirts painted Exclusive
ZNS No Sunroof $0
030 PASM Sport Suspension
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
ZSS Auto Start Stop $0
435 20-inch 911 Turbo S wheels, painted in Black $0
276 Automatically dimming mirrors
342 Seat heating (front)
509 Fire extinguisher
541 Seat ventilation (front)
583 Smoking package $0
CGJ Sport Chrono stopwatch dial in Carrara White Exclusive
CPK Vehicle key painted Exclusive
P07 Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
XFJ Instrument dials in White Exclusive
XSX Seat belts in Guards Red Exclusive
840 SportDesign steering wheel $0
CUJ Fuse box cover in leather Exclusive
EGA Carbon interior package (with leather interior) Exclusive
X69 Door sill guards in carbon Exclusive
XHM Center console trim in Carbon Exclusive
686 SiriusXM™ Satellite

Nice build, congrats! Lots of unique items in there too...

Couple comments, it would probably make more sense to go with the Premium Package Plus w/Adaptive Seats vs standalone items. Think it will be an extra $100 or so since you already have 3 of the 5 items (seat heat, seat ventilation, auto dimming mirrors).

You may also want to consider the Bose audio package for another $1500 on top of just XM alone... some aren't interested in any stereo in a 991 but as a daily driver you may appreciate the upgraded system (although Bose anything in my opinion is not at the top of the list).

Depending on where you live the backup camera may be useful too, again its not a huge stretch from just the front/rear ParkAssist.

Good luck on whatever you end up with, my delivery should be around the same time...
Old 10-27-2014, 11:03 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vise
Nice build, congrats! Lots of unique items in there too...

Couple comments, it would probably make more sense to go with the Premium Package Plus w/Adaptive Seats vs standalone items. Think it will be an extra $100 or so since you already have 3 of the 5 items (seat heat, seat ventilation, auto dimming mirrors).

You may also want to consider the Bose audio package for another $1500 on top of just XM alone... some aren't interested in any stereo in a 991 but as a daily driver you may appreciate the upgraded system (although Bose anything in my opinion is not at the top of the list).

Depending on where you live the backup camera may be useful too, again its not a huge stretch from just the front/rear ParkAssist.

Good luck on whatever you end up with, my delivery should be around the same time...
great point, I will revisit the seats again. They have been a challenge, and have undergone many changes.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:06 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

vise picked up two good things...bose and premium pack...although the stereo isn't a priority given the nature of the car, its somewhat salvagable and much better than the stock imo.

i would definitely capitalize on the gt silver and paint everything possible...i did with mine

picture attached
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2014, 11:07 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

also, do you know if the sideskirts are painted with a pebbled/textured finish? if not, i would be leery just given the nature of the abuse they will get
Old 10-27-2014, 11:21 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Originally Posted by 991999R
also, do you know if the sideskirts are painted with a pebbled/textured finish? if not, i would be leery just given the nature of the abuse they will get
Thanks for that photo, Looks great. Nice to see the Friendly Manitoba plates. Grew up in the Peg! I am aware of the texture on the side skirts. Are you suggesting side skirts should stay black?
Old 10-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Vise
Drifting

great point, I will revisit the seats again. They have been a challenge, and have undergone many changes.
Not so much the seats but the Premium Package in conjunction with the seats. I spec'd the 18 ways with mine, found they were the best combination of comfort/adjustability... if you're going with that interior combo (leather/alcantara + leather interior) you're forced to take the seat heating/seat ventilation so may as well go Premium Package Plus.

And trust me, I know all about going through many changes on a build...
Old 10-27-2014, 11:38 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vise
Not so much the seats but the Premium Package in conjunction with the seats. I spec'd the 18 ways with mine, found they were the best combination of comfort/adjustability... if you're going with that interior combo (leather/alcantara + leather interior) you're forced to take the seat heating/seat ventilation so may as well go Premium Package Plus.

And trust me, I know all about going through many changes on a build...
Gotcha .This is my first build. Last two came out of the show room, no decisions to make other than just buying it. Too many choices now...... Appreciate your input
I will definitely revisit. I didn't want ventilated seats but the seemed to be forced into the set up. Only really wanted auto dimming mirrors and heated seats. Did you go with Alcantara seats? Could not get Alcantara wheel without taking the Alcantara seat inserts..... go figure, I have Alcantara on the doors and bottom of the dash but smooth leather seat inserts
Old 10-27-2014, 11:45 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Thanks for that photo, Looks great. Nice to see the Friendly Manitoba plates. Grew up in the Peg! I am aware of the texture on the side skirts. Are you suggesting side skirts should stay black?
np! nope i would paint if they were to receive the texture. cleans up the look. good luck!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Vise
Drifting

Did you go with Alcantara seats? Could not get Alcantara wheel without taking the Alcantara seat inserts..... go figure, I have Alcantara on the doors and bottom of the dash but smooth leather seat inserts
No I have the same seats as you... and you can get the Alcantara wheel without the Alcantara seat inserts too. I wanted the ventilated seats as I've heard nothing but good things. That particular combo you have in your build (Alcantara/leather with leather interior, seat centers in smooth finish leather) gives you the ventilated seats (non-Alcantara) and a bunch of Alcantara trim on the door panels, door armrest, lower dash, glovebox, wheel, shifter, A pillar, center arm rest, etc.

Hope that helps... if you haven't already definitely use the 3D configurator as it updates with every single option you include/remove. My code is PF2HFXQ1 if you want to take a look.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:00 AM
jsr991
Instructor

Thanks for the code I will have a look. My dealership tells me I can't have the Alcantara wheel, i will follow up. Not entirely sure I should go with the Alcantara wheel anyway. I had the ventilated seats on my 991 C2S and never used them. If I was back in TO traffic wearing a suit I wouldn't be with out them.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Vise
Drifting

Thanks for the code I will have a look. My dealership tells me I can't have the Alcantara wheel, i will follow up. Not entirely sure I should go with the Alcantara wheel anyway. I had the ventilated seats on my 991 C2S and never used them. If I was back in TO traffic wearing a suit I wouldn't be with out them.
Yeah my sales associate said the same thing until we played around with it on the configurator... you'll need to decide if you are ok with alcantara seat centers but if not you can get the smooth leather ventilated seats with alcantara wheel/interior trim.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,360 Posts

I'd think about the white dials and red belts etc ... it might be a bit busy...

Quick Reply: my gts build GT Silver