Sponsored by:

GTS interior pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 07:56 AM
p987yow
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Brushed Aluminum in black

Last edited by p987yow; 10-21-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:37 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by p987yow
Brush Aluminum in black
That makes sense. Thank you.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:05 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Am I the only one who likes the grippy nature of Alcantara? I also find it easy enough to clean, and keep clean (just give it some 303 Aerospace Protectant to add some liquid-resistance).
Nope, you're not the only one. I had Alcantara in my 997.2 GTS, and have it in my present Panamera GTS. I just ordered it, with the red stitching/leather package, in my forthcoming 991 GTS.

I find Alcantara grips better than leather. I do a lot of AX/DE/TT events and there's less sliding around. My hands feel more secure on an Alcantara steering wheel. I'm sure that's the reason that it's standard in the GT3.

Alcantara doesn't get as hot or as cold as leather. I work in the desert (HOT!) and ski a lot (COLD!). Alcantara is more comfortable than leather in both climate extremes. I particularly prefer an Alcantara steering wheel for the same reason. Nothing like getting into a hot car and singeing your hand on the steering wheel.

For me, the single greatest reason for picking a GTS over an S is the Alcantara interior.

So no, you're not alone.

DMoore
'13 991S
'13 970 GTS
Old 10-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by DMoore
Nope, you're not the only one. I had Alcantara in my 997.2 GTS, and have it in my present Panamera GTS. I just ordered it, with the red stitching/leather package, in my forthcoming 991 GTS.

I find Alcantara grips better than leather. I do a lot of AX/DE/TT events and there's less sliding around. My hands feel more secure on an Alcantara steering wheel. I'm sure that's the reason that it's standard in the GT3.

Alcantara doesn't get as hot or as cold as leather. I work in the desert (HOT!) and ski a lot (COLD!). Alcantara is more comfortable than leather in both climate extremes. I particularly prefer an Alcantara steering wheel for the same reason. Nothing like getting into a hot car and singeing your hand on the steering wheel.

For me, the single greatest reason for picking a GTS over an S is the Alcantara interior.

So no, you're not alone.

DMoore
'13 991S
'13 970 GTS
I have had alacantara in my GT3s and like it too ... while its not the primary reason I am going for a GTS its probably in the top 3-5 reasons ... all part of the package!
Old 10-22-2014, 07:07 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

I have to admit that with all the back-n-forth decisions that I've had with my C2S Coupe to C2S Cab to C4S Cab to GTS Cab ordering process - this one is the most difficult for me.

I usually consider the interior as much or more than the exterior when ordering a car (I spend most of my time inside the car after all). Every prior 911 I've had has had a black leather interior and I reeeeally wanted something different and interesting this time. So I had designed a custom interior with Mellissa at Exclusive for my Sapphire Blue C4S Cab order, but Exclusive interiors aren't available with the GTS. Now what to do? Black is the only standard interior color that works with Sapphire. I just can't get over what I perceive as the "cheap" looking alcantara. And as I said, I didn't want yet another regular black leather interior. So I've been playing with everything . . . Carmine with Espresso/Cognac . . . Dark Blue Metallic with Espresso/Cognac . . . Black with Black/Garnet.

And then I see another pic of a Sapphire Blue 911 and . . . oh crap . . .
Old 10-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
I have to admit that with all the back-n-forth decisions that I've had with my C2S Coupe to C2S Cab to C4S Cab to GTS Cab ordering process - this one is the most difficult for me.

I usually consider the interior as much or more than the exterior when ordering a car (I spend most of my time inside the car after all). Every prior 911 I've had has had a black leather interior and I reeeeally wanted something different and interesting this time. So I had designed a custom interior with Mellissa at Exclusive for my Sapphire Blue C4S Cab order, but Exclusive interiors aren't available with the GTS. Now what to do? Black is the only standard interior color that works with Sapphire. I just can't get over what I perceive as the "cheap" looking alcantara. And as I said, I didn't want yet another regular black leather interior. So I've been playing with everything . . . Carmine with Espresso/Cognac . . . Dark Blue Metallic with Espresso/Cognac . . . Black with Black/Garnet.

I know its subjective, but Ive had alacantara in my GT3s and it does not look cheap ... if anything its a distinguishing feature over "leather"

but if you have too, how about black/platinum gray two tone leather?

dont worry about the sapphire blue thing ... unless you want to go PTS...
Old 10-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Not sure if everyone is aware but it is possible to get full leather seats (with ventilation) along with the Alcantara interior... finalized my order today and that is what I went with. 18 way seats, leather/Alcantara interior, and 'seat centers in smooth finish leather' with ventilation. I like the look/feel of Alcantara in general but also wanted the ventilated seats so seems like a good option for those interested...
Old 10-22-2014, 10:24 PM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Not sure if everyone is aware but it is possible to get full leather seats (with ventilation) along with the Alcantara interior... finalized my order today and that is what I went with. 18 way seats, leather/Alcantara interior, and 'seat centers in smooth finish leather' with ventilation. I like the look/feel of Alcantara in general but also wanted the ventilated seats so seems like a good option for those interested...
But no GTS package then
Old 10-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsmitty
But no GTS package then
Correct but that is ok with me... can't have it all and I get that Porsche wants the GTS package to be exclusive with that consistent look/feel. Not a terrible compromise IMO.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:54 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

I think the platinum grey, luxor beige, and agate grey (as well as a couple of the two-tone combo) interiors will all look very nice with sapphire.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:41 AM
p987yow
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Alcantara Wear

I have a C4GTS on order with the Alcantara + Communication package. How does it wear? How easy is it to keep clean? How easy is it to clean up an everyday use spill - drink/food? I keep my car looking "as new" with regular detailing in and out. I am concerned that the interior, specifically the seats, will look worn after a few years use - as compared to the leather in my Boxster S that still looks good after 10 years.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:07 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

I have a C4GTS on order with the Alcantara + Communication package. How does it wear? How easy is it to keep clean?
This is one of my concerns as well.

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I know its subjective, but Ive had alacantara in my GT3s and it does not look cheap ... if anything its a distinguishing feature over "leather"

but if you have too, how about black/platinum gray two tone leather?

dont worry about the sapphire blue thing ... unless you want to go PTS...
I haven't ruled out the alcantara and I'm a sucker for all the contrast stitching, but I'll hold onto this car for a while and fear having to live with an expensive mistake. btw, I think sapphire is THE color for the GTS especially with all the blacked-out trim and black CLs.

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I think the platinum grey, luxor beige, and agate grey (as well as a couple of the two-tone combo) interiors will all look very nice with sapphire.
So what would the sapphire aficionados think about an espresso interior, maybe with deviating black carpet (if available) for a bit of contrast?
Old 10-23-2014, 08:07 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a C4GTS on order with the Alcantara + Communication package. How does it wear? How easy is it to keep clean? How easy is it to clean up an everyday use spill - drink/food? I keep my car looking "as new" with regular detailing in and out. I am concerned that the interior, specifically the seats, will look worn after a few years use - as compared to the leather in my Boxster S that still looks good after 10 years.
A lightly damp cloth helps clean it easily. I like to use 303 Aerospace Protectant to keep it semi-waterproof to protect against food/drink spills.

It is surprisingly easy (in my experience) to rejuvenate matted or worn-looking Alcantara.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:42 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So what would the sapphire aficionados think about an espresso interior, maybe with deviating black carpet (if available) for a bit of contrast?
espresso and sapphire would be beautiful. I wouldn't deviate the carpet .. 2 colours is enough.

if you went to brushed aluminium trim (instead of the dark brushed aluminium), that would add some cool modern highlights to the interior
Old 10-23-2014, 12:41 PM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am now looking at expresso interior as well with my sapphire exterior

Quick Reply: GTS interior pics