Sponsored by:

C4GTS Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetsky
I'm about to pull the trigger on a GT silver GTS as well.

My dealer said that they would swap the black Carrera wheels for platinum. Maybe ask your dealer to do the same.
wow thats a good deal...
Old 11-20-2014, 12:37 PM
powderzone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really on the fence. Love the GT3 but generally prescribe to the philosophy that "less is more" when it comes to performance cars. The GTS seems to check all the boxes. Plus the manual tranny is an option.
The GT silver and sapphire blue would be my picks. Both are beautiful colors.
Enjoy the Euro delivery. That's bucket list material.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
wow thats a good deal...
Yeah in the end, I went with the CL wheels.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:51 PM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pap2828
looks fantastic heres mine....feb/march delivery

http://www.porsche-code.com/PFHV3SD5
Looks like a great build.

I did notice that you have the rear apron painted, but not the side skirts. Did you want to do that?
Old 11-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Yeah in the end, I went with the CL wheels.
I actually think it will look better with the silver CLs ...
Old 11-21-2014, 01:51 PM
Still restless
Instructor

I'm about to pull the trigger on a GT silver GTS as well.

My dealer said that they would swap the black Carrera wheels for platinum. Maybe ask your dealer to do the same.
I'm trying to finalize wheel selection on my GTS build. What is the difference between the silver (original equip.) and platinum Carrera wheels? Thanks.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:31 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Still restless
I'm trying to finalize wheel selection on my GTS build. What is the difference between the silver (original equip.) and platinum Carrera wheels? Thanks.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...SCHASSISWHEELS

The Platinum wheels have a satin finish to them as well. If the black centerlocks are not in your plans, the platinum would suit the GTS well. I've had them before. Very nice.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Still restless
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG991
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...SCHASSISWHEELS

The Platinum wheels have a satin finish to them as well. If the black centerlocks are not in your plans, the platinum would suit the GTS well. I've had them before. Very nice.
Thanks. They look good. I can try asking my dealer to see what they might be willing to do. But, based on what I've sensed, most dealers have a take it or leave it attitude.

I'm still not sure about the CL wheels. Even though I'm not planning to do much work on the car myself, the idea of being forced to always go to a Porsche dealer for tire/wheel, or even brake, needs does not appeal to me. I do plan to do some traveling with the car, so I may be far away from a dealer if something were to happen.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:52 PM
STG
Race Director

Thanks. They look good. I can try asking my dealer to see what they might be willing to do. But, based on what I've sensed, most dealers have a take it or leave it attitude. I'm still not sure about the CL wheels. Even though I'm not planning to do much work on the car myself, the idea of being forced to always go to a Porsche dealer for tire/wheel, or even brake, needs does not appeal to me. I do plan to do some traveling with the car, so I may be far away from a dealer if something were to happen.
They really don't have wheels sitting around ready to swap out. Plus, it's not like they're going to take them off another car with them being on the option sticker list.

Spend the $700 and get your own wrench. If you're on trips, bring it with just incase.

For any work, I would stick with dealers. The car has a warranty, and it's good have factory work done and having a relationship with a specific dealers service dept. There's not much money to be saved having someone else do the work. You just open up the door for screw ups. If something gets screwed up and involves warranty work, you're out of luck and Porsche will try and get out of it.

Once, I had a tire swap at a local Good Year on my old Cayenne. The idiots didn't realize the fronts and backs had different offsets. They put a rear wheel on the front and dented a caliper. Good thing they noticed before rolling the wheel. There would have been huge damage.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Still restless
Instructor

Spend the $700 and get your own wrench. If you're on trips, bring it with just incase.

Yes, I can do that. But, more than the cost, it's another thing to contend with. My brain is designed to weigh the pluses vs minuses before making a decision. For the moment, there seems to be more minuses with the CL wheels.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:23 PM
STG
Race Director

Spend the $700 and get your own wrench. If you're on trips, bring it with just incase. Yes, I can do that. But, more than the cost, it's another thing to contend with. My brain is designed to weigh the pluses vs minuses before making a decision. For the moment, there seems to be more minuses with the CL wheels.
If you're thinking that much about it, the lug bolt option may be best for you. Definitely less to worry about. Regardless what myself or others think it's your checkbook.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:30 PM
STG
Race Director

Eat your heart out with the Centerlock discussion if you'd like:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post11815138
Old 11-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Still restless
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG991
Eat your heart out with the Centerlock discussion if you'd like:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post11815138
After much soul searching, and a visit to the dealer to see real examples, I decided to go with painted (GT Silver) Carrera wheels. There was a Boxter GTS in GT Silver with painted wheels in the showroom. It looked good to me. Thanks for all the input which made me revisit this item.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:27 AM
pap2828
Racer

enjoy...
Old 11-23-2014, 01:07 PM
STG
Race Director

After much soul searching, and a visit to the dealer to see real examples, I decided to go with painted (GT Silver) Carrera wheels. There was a Boxter GTS in GT Silver with painted wheels in the showroom. It looked good to me. Thanks for all the input which made me revisit this item.

It's going to be a great looking car. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: C4GTS Build