Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: GTS Cabriolet with a Sport Design Ducktail?
Add it!
21.74%
Hell No!
78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

My GTS Cabriolet Build...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,461 Likes on 2,263 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetsky
Looking good. Will be sweet. When is the build date?
Well I am not doing ED until may of next year, so I believe the current plan is for an April build!

I know its a long way off, but I think that when you get a car like this, you need to make it an experience, so European Delivery and 10-14 days touring Europe "top down" will make it a "bucket list" experience...

I did this back in '07 when I did ED on my 997.1 GT3 ... well worth it, drove to Paris, attended Le Mans, then drove the length of France to Nice, back through Italy and Switzerland into Germany finishing up with 3 days driving at the Nordschleife ... EPIC!

I decided to skip on the GTS comms pkg and go instead for the ext color trim paint ... even the ridiculous $2k PCM surround ...
Old 10-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Looks awesome Larry... no ventilated seats for you I assume?

And I love opening/closing the top on the 3D configurator... too cool.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vise
Looks awesome Larry... no ventilated seats for you I assume?

And I love opening/closing the top on the 3D configurator... too cool.
I decided to trade a chilled *** for some cool "GTS" stitching on the headrests ...
Old 10-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

all done: http://www.porsche-code.com/PFM8BV29
Old 10-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very very nice larry ! Only christmas, new year and Easter to get through... Looking forward to the reviews!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman
Very very nice larry ! Only christmas, new year and Easter to get through... Looking forward to the reviews!
tell me about it! ... I'm counting the days till May 18th (mostly by spending hours on the configurator)!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Nice Larry, congrats! Let us know how many more times your build changes before it locks in...
Old 10-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vise
Nice Larry, congrats! Let us know how many more times your build changes before it locks in...
Old 10-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

got my build allocation ... here we go!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tick tock.... Quicker than having a baby ... And most people who say "she's gorgeous" won't be lying! Win win!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman
Tick tock.... Quicker than having a baby ... And most people who say "she's gorgeous" won't be lying! Win win!
I'm already planning the ED tour, and trying to figure out how to explain to the wife that any ED trip has to include a day lapping at the Nurburgring!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:31 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 973 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I'm already planning the ED tour, and trying to figure out how to explain to the wife that any ED trip has to include a day lapping at the Nurburgring!
ED is worth it. I took delivery of my TT cab last month and had an amazing experience. I went the opposite way of Nurburgring, went down to Black Forest Highway then onto Switzerland and did the myriad of passes there. In Italy hit Stelvio. Weather was stunning, drove all the passes with the top down, the views were amazing, my wife actually had a blast as well.

By the way, the drive from Bormio, Italy onto Stelvio then up to Fussen, Germany is amazing. Easy to do in a day. I thought after finishing Stelvio it would just be a regular drive, boy was I wrong. It just kept getting better. Trace out Stelvio to FernPass in Austria, it's worth it.

Enjoy, great build!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
ED is worth it. I took delivery of my TT cab last month and had an amazing experience. I went the opposite way of Nurburgring, went down to Black Forest Highway then onto Switzerland and did the myriad of passes there. In Italy hit Stelvio. Weather was stunning, drove all the passes with the top down, the views were amazing, my wife actually had a blast as well.

By the way, the drive from Bormio, Italy onto Stelvio then up to Fussen, Germany is amazing. Easy to do in a day. I thought after finishing Stelvio it would just be a regular drive, boy was I wrong. It just kept getting better. Trace out Stelvio to FernPass in Austria, it's worth it.

Enjoy, great build!
Yeah I did ED back in '07 on my 7.1 GT3 ... WELL worth it!

We are thinking of heading thru switzerland and Italy to the Riviera, might take in the Monaco GP, then up to Aix-en-Provence, Beaune, and back to Zuffenhausen.

I would love to do Stelvio, but my wife is not a good passenger, and we stopped speaking for three days last time we did this (BMW) even when white diesel vans were passing us on the autobahn ... I was going too fast
for her!

what she doesn't know is we are getting the GTS ... she thinks its a Macan on order ... Oops what a mixup ...
Old 10-31-2014, 07:27 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 973 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Yeah I did ED back in '07 on my 7.1 GT3 ... WELL worth it! We are thinking of heading thru switzerland and Italy to the Riviera, might take in the Monaco GP, then up to Aix-en-Provence, Beaune, and back to Zuffenhausen. I would love to do Stelvio, but my wife is not a good passenger, and we stopped speaking for three days last time we did this (BMW) even when white diesel vans were passing us on the autobahn ... I was going too fast for her! what she doesn't know is we are getting the GTS ... she thinks its a Macan on order ... Oops what a mixup ...
I hope your wife doesn't think the alleged Macan is for her!

My wife actually did better then anticipated on our trip. She really enjoyed driving on all the passes, she even started to wave enthusiastically at other Porsches driving by! We travel to Germany a lot, so she is used to my fast driving there.

I went to Monaco GP back in 2000, spent the week there with my dad, truly an amazing experience. I must admit however that a lot of the allure of F1 has been lost with the turbos and new car designs; the sound of the old V10s was deafening.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:59 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
I hope your wife doesn't think the alleged Macan is for her!

My wife actually did better then anticipated on our trip. She really enjoyed driving on all the passes, she even started to wave enthusiastically at other Porsches driving by! We travel to Germany a lot, so she is used to my fast driving there.

I went to Monaco GP back in 2000, spent the week there with my dad, truly an amazing experience. I must admit however that a lot of the allure of F1 has been lost with the turbos and new car designs; the sound of the old V10s was deafening.
could not agree more with you about the current generation of technology in F1 ... no matter how amazing batteries/energy recovery is, its dull racing...

Quick Reply: My GTS Cabriolet Build...