Sponsored by:

Sport exhaust upgrade / hack

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Justin N
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sport exhaust upgrade / hack

I had a though about a base exhaust upgrade and possible hack, looking to get some thoughts from the more mechanically inclined on the board.

I have a C2 with the standard exhaust but can get an exhaust from an S and actually maybe a PSE on the cheap from someone that is upgrading to another exhaust. So, I am going to do a DIY install, it's certainly easy enough except for the button and I wouldn't have control to keep it a bit quiter.

However, these cars just use changeover valves to "pull" the valves closed and switch the exhaust. Now, the valve hooked to the sport button that controls the symposer is the same part (as best I can tell) as the ones for the PSE. So, can I just disconnect the symposer and use some tubing to connect its changeover valve to the PSE valves?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:17 PM
certified_prime
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great idea to reuse the symposer valve hookup and route it down the 3.8 muffler valves. You can likely even get the hose at Autozone.

I just took off my Sharkwerks crosspipe, as it was a little too much all the time (especially on long roadtrips and highway driving)....put the stock muffler back on. I thought of replacing it with the 3.8 muffler, but didn'want to go thru the hassle of adding the button and hoses.

Keep me posted! If it works, I will be doing this as well. You would get the quiet of the stock muffler in Normal mode, and some increased aggressiveness in Sport mode. Perfect.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Justin N
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a sharkwerks on previously as well, wasn't really a fan. My friends loved it though- so it's really just personal preference.

As far swapping the parts, I think you will need the center and side mufflers, The part numbers for the sides are different from the base to the S. The sides do have a little wiggle room that might allow them to align with the quad tips, so we'll see once I get under there.

Quick Reply: Sport exhaust upgrade / hack