Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car sale question

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:43 AM
uhear
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold a helicopter a couple years ago and received a certified check drawn on the Bank of Georgia. When I delivered the helicopter and picked up the check I excused myself and called the bank to verify funds. After I did that walked back and signed over the title. After that I immediately drove to the nearest BOG branch to CASH the check!

Good thing I did because it was later discovered that these people scammed many others by cancelling the certified check, keeping the choppers, and the cash.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I was not aware there was a used helicopter market.

Only flown by a little old heiress to church on Sundays.....

From what folks have said, I am guessing finding out which bank he uses, going there and issuing a cashiers check or wire on the spot would work best.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Porsche Jeff
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I sold a jaguar and the buyer paid in cash. I was scared sh**less taking that much cash. The transaction closed at my office, but the buyer did have my home address, and that worried me. He came to my office after the bank was closed so I had to hold the cash overnight.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:09 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Go to his bank and has him/his bank issued a cashier check right there. Would be best if you two have the same bank so you can deposit the check right away.

Quick Reply: Car sale question