Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car seats

Old 12-20-2014, 07:17 PM
quattro986
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
Any pictures with kids in the seats? It's one thing to fit the car seat in, but my wife says no 991 unless our smallest 8 and 5 year olds will actually have space for their legs once they get back there. Blur kids faces if you like
I have an 8 yo & a 5 yo as well. they're fine back there, they love it. Fwiw, 8yo is 4'5" & 5yo is 3'6"
Old 12-21-2014, 02:59 PM
PDX991
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

I got the Cosco high-back 5 pt harness boosters from Target ($40!). They are narrow enough to fit and hold my 3 year olds in the backseat.

As far as how they fit, their legs are too short where they don't bend completely at the knee when in the car seat so their legs stick out and they will complain "No room for my legs Daddy!" is a common refrain I hear along with "Move seat up!" I have to get them to sit with their legs splayed (Manspreading).

Once we get going, it's a totally different story. Anytime I rev above 5k they're both screaming their heads off in joy. And then I hear, "Daddy Do It AGAIN!". It's seriously so fun and worth the hassle of getting them in back.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:29 PM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PDX991
I got the Cosco high-back 5 pt harness boosters from Target ($40!). They are narrow enough to fit and hold my 3 year olds in the backseat.

As far as how they fit, their legs are too short where they don't bend completely at the knee when in the car seat so their legs stick out and they will complain "No room for my legs Daddy!" is a common refrain I hear along with "Move seat up!" I have to get them to sit with their legs splayed (Manspreading).

Once we get going, it's a totally different story. Anytime I rev above 5k they're both screaming their heads off in joy. And then I hear, "Daddy Do It AGAIN!". It's seriously so fun and worth the hassle of getting them in back.

Thanks for posting the picture, are the bottoms removable like in 997?
Old 12-21-2014, 05:40 PM
PDX991
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sebis
Thanks for posting the picture, are the bottoms removable like in 997?
I think so but beyond my technical skill. I have found a link with step by step instructions.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:45 PM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PDX991
I think so but beyond my technical skill. I have found a link with step by step instructions.
In the 997 the bottoms are simply held in place by velcro, the backs are removable as well but you need to unscrew some torx. I was wondering if removing the bottom and the back will make more room for the kids in the car seat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car seats