Sponsored by:

Temperature Control

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 08:29 AM
pvr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Temperature Control

Yesterday had a 6 hour drive through rain, but quite warm outside so the car was steaming up.

No problems I thought, switch the airco on and off you go. The car was getting so cold inside, that I had to put the temperature at about 25c to not freeze inside. What is the trick to get the inside dehumidified without dropping the temperature so much?

I also got a very cold draft on my feet, no matter where I put the setting on so perhaps I am missing something? Not had this issue before with any other car that the airco overrides the temperature setting.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:55 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Make sure not on max air, so it won't recycle the cabin air.

Also, manual mode might help, and run a higher fan speed.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:58 AM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure the recirc is not on. You can also adjust the volume of air in the car/settings area. I have mine always coming out the top center and force set to normal.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best dehumidification comes from warm, dry and flowing air over the misted surface. If you have the setting too cool or not flowing over the misted surface you can actually cause the problem to get worse not better. The aircon can deliver all 3 requirements simultaneously by selecting windscreen demist button and the aircon will divert flow and raise temperature clearing windscreen quickly and automatically. Option 2 manually increase the temp and increase flow (shouldn't be necessary but better if all round visibility is suffering)
Couple of points... I have dashboard vent activated - this reduces cold air blowing directly onto face - you can try to suit your preference in the menu options. Most modern aircon will try to compensate for radiated heat on a sunny day and often gets this wrong... So if it is a very cold but very sunny day the aircon may run cooler than normal. Also make sure your dashboard vents aren't closed otherwise more air will divert to your feet making them cold. Also make sure you have aircon set to auto which will distribute flow evenly in normal operation, not 'feet' position otherwise you will never get your windscreen clear as it will be starved of air flow (hot and dry air isnt enough sometimes... It needs to flow over the surface to 'lift' the water mist away.
Hope something in this rambling works... It shouldn't be a problem with the correct settings
Regards
Ian
Old 08-27-2014, 11:06 AM
pvr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so the recirc is not on. I use manual fan speed.

I did the demist button but that goes to maximum blow speed to clear it quickly (which it does of course), but that was not usable for the entire trip of cause.

I had not looked at the car menu, I was only using the three buttons above the seat heating button to try to control direction of air flow. I will check the car settings to see what is there to adjust.

Thanks for the replies.

Quick Reply: Temperature Control