Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem connecting 991 home link and Hormann SupraMatic garage door operator

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 08:39 PM
7and911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem connecting 991 home link and Hormann SupraMatic garage door operator

Pressed buttons 1 & 3 together and code is clear. Then pressed button 1, light flashes, so now have 5 minutes to connect home link....

With garage door electricity off, tried pointing the garage remote to the right hand-side of the bumper, no luck. Tried pointing to the left hand-side of the bumper, again no luck.

Tried putting the garage door operator into learning mode but again not connected....

Garage operator manual is useless.... Anyone connected his 991 to Hormann Supramatic and can help please?

Thank you
Old 08-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Lots of threads on this issue. Try the search.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:09 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by 7and911

With garage door electricity off
^^^^ Why this?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:23 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 171 Posts

The Hormann SupraMatic?? The trouble may be the seventh Fetzer valve--prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, then get about ten quarts of anti-freeze. Sorry, couldn't resist a "Fletch" quote. In all seriousness, though, I believe that instead of holding the remote transmitter against the front corner of the car for learning, you're supposed to hold the remote a few inches from the Homelink transmitter in the overhead console. Press the button that you want to assign while holding down the remote's button. Once the Homelink has learned the remote, then you press the learn button on the garage door unit itself and then go back to the car to press and hold the Homelink button again. It should then work.
Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by paradocs98
The Hormann SupraMatic?? The trouble may be the seventh Fetzer valve--prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, then get about ten quarts of anti-freeze. Sorry, couldn't resist a "Fletch" quote. In all seriousness, though, I believe that instead of holding the remote transmitter against the front corner of the car for learning, you're supposed to hold the remote a few inches from the Homelink transmitter in the overhead console. Press the button that you want to assign while holding down the remote's button. Once the Homelink has learned the remote, then you press the learn button on the garage door unit itself and then go back to the car to press and hold the Homelink button again. It should then work.
U crack me up! I'm watching Fletch right now!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:47 AM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Homeles
U crack me up! I'm watching Fletch right now!
Nugent. Ted Nugent.
Harry S. Truman -- my parents were great fans of the ex-president.
Edwin Poon -- it's Comanche Indian.
Dr. Rosenrosen.
John ****-toas-tun -- it's Scotch/Romanian.

Love that movie.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:27 AM
7and911
Advanced

Originally Posted by Homeles
Lots of threads on this issue. Try the search.
Yes... Tried some of the idea but not working
Old 08-20-2014, 05:29 AM
7and911
Advanced

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7and911 View Post

With garage door electricity off
^^^^ Why this?
When I try to connect the car with garage door elecdtricity on the door keep moving up and down... One of the videos on youtube suggested turning the electricity off
Old 08-20-2014, 05:31 AM
7and911
Advanced

Originally Posted by paradocs98
you're supposed to hold the remote a few inches from the Homelink transmitter in the overhead console.
I thought that is for the Panorama not for the 911 but will give it a go...

thanks
Old 08-20-2014, 12:13 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just put something in front of the safety sensors so that the door doesn't operate, when I'm programming the homelink. I change cars often, so it seems like I'm doing this every week.

On the Porsches, I believe the sensor/transmitter is in the middle of the front bumper. Also known as the center of said bumper.

I hate to write this, but have you RTFM? It may be different in the UK, what with you guys driving on the wrong side of the road and all. Also, do you know for a fact that the car's homelink works? Does it work with other opener systems?

Maybe that Hormann system uses a frequency not supported by the homelink? Have you tried asking Mr. Google? It is compatible in the US, but maybe not in your market.

If I remember correctly, the Porsche flashes external lights when it accepts the remote program.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:42 PM
wwspeeds
Advanced

How long are you holding the transmitter button down? Then manual says up to a full minute. It takes almost 30 seconds on my 991 C4S. I aimed mine at the right front bumper (between the passenger side headlight and the crest on the hood). I've seen under the bumper cover -- and that's where the homeland receiver lives.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:50 PM
clangpap
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJBird993
On the Porsches, I believe the sensor/transmitter is in the middle of the front bumper. Also known as the center of said bumper.

If I remember correctly, the Porsche flashes external lights when it accepts the remote program.
The "Good to Know" app shows the sensor location on the passenger side above the tow hook cover (worked for me).

There are also two distinct programming procedures: changeable code system and fixed code system. I'm not sure which the Hormann system is, nor was I on my opener so I just flipped a coin and was lucky on the first try.

And the lights do flash when accepted.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Zonian
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds stupid, but make sure you're pointing the correct end of the remote at the bumper. I know this from experience.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:19 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Verify your car works with the latest Homelink software. My 2013 Cayenne GTS did not. If you contact Homelink, they will typically send you a re-trasnmitter for free that allows it to work. I needed this for two 2013 cars. My 2014 C2S loaner works fine with it.

Quick Reply: Problem connecting 991 home link and Hormann SupraMatic garage door operator