Sponsored by:

Need help deciphering spring code on my car - photo attached

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 11:32 PM
dogshyne
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Need help deciphering spring code on my car - photo attached

I bought my 2013 4s w/ 1400 miles on the clock and it had hr springs. It handled amazingly well and was bouncy, but not harsh. not much rougher than the stock springs, but too low for me.

In order to cpo the car, they put the stock springs back on. attached is a photo of the code on the springs, color stripes painted on the outside of the spring that is visible right above the tire.

Can anyone decipher these springs code? I have seen some other cars that sit a little lower than mine does (or so I think....) and I am trying to confirm they put the correct ones on my car.

Anyone have a 2013 c4s w/ regular pasm suspension? what stripes are on the springs?

Anyone else have a front spring w/ yellow on top and pink and red just below?

I just saw a c2s cab and the springs were Yellow on top and blue/green below - looked like regular pasm based on front bumper trim.

I found a c2 coupe w/ blue over orange/red.
Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2014, 11:05 AM
dogshyne
Instructor

Even if you don't have my car can you please post your car/code please.. Someone else will be able to use this in the future.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,241 Posts

you need to find the part # that will look like 991.xxx.xxx.xx or similar on the spring and check that with the PET catalog to determine if the springs are the correct ones for your model/spec
Old 08-18-2014, 03:32 PM
dogshyne
Instructor

Larry - thanks but no can do. I don't have access to part numbers on the springs installed on my car. However depending on which car you have, they all have the correct corresponding stripes as illustrated in my pic. I saw my second c2s cab today and they both have blue up top and orange/red below. Apparently Porsche has coded their springs w/ these stripes so once they have been installed/removed etc. you don't need a part sticker to determine which spring belongs on a given car.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,241 Posts

Originally Posted by dogshyne
Larry - thanks but no can do. I don't have access to part numbers on the springs installed on my car. However depending on which car you have, they all have the correct corresponding stripes as illustrated in my pic. I saw my second c2s cab today and they both have blue up top and orange/red below. Apparently Porsche has coded their springs w/ these stripes so once they have been installed/removed etc. you don't need a part sticker to determine which spring belongs on a given car.
hmmm that's new ... thanks for posting

p.s
there is no sticker on the spring, the p/n is (or was) printed directly on the plastic casing/cover of the spring itself, certainly this was the case from the 993-997 ...
Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 AM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 421 Posts

I don't have your car but my 2012, C2S has pink / green with a blue on top.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:41 AM
dogshyne
Instructor

Thanks! Saw a Targa s tonight with yellow top with white/green.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Need help deciphering spring code on my car - photo attached