Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4-Way Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually, that is funny. Before I ordered the Burmester I asked my SA if it was a very heavy amp. He is quite a knowledgable SA. Without hesitation, he said if was made out of special plastics and alloys so it weighed only about 10 lbs. Maybe that was BS but it actually tipped me over into ordering it. I also ordered the PCCB for the lower unsprung weight. The actual truth is that a diet would improve the performance of my 991 the most. Sad but true.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:39 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacura
Actually, that is funny. Before I ordered the Burmester I asked my SA if it was a very heavy amp. He is quite a knowledgable SA. Without hesitation, he said if was made out of special plastics and alloys so it weighed only about 10 lbs. Maybe that was BS but it actually tipped me over into ordering it. I also ordered the PCCB for the lower unsprung weight. The actual truth is that a diet would improve the performance of my 991 the most. Sad but true.

Lol. Nice.

Yes, cutting out the sugar, bread and processed foods and I wouldn't need the powerkit. I don't have it but if I did...
Old 07-25-2014, 10:50 PM
BasaltBlack911
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2014 911 w the 14 way. If I were to order a custom car I would try to keep the costs down so it was affordable. The car I have was a service car with low miles and never titled, but they took eleven grand of the price. It has quite a few options and it would not have been in my range if I built it new.

I asked the dealer about 4 way seats and he said they were horrible. Very uncomfortable. I haven't had a chance to sit in them but would need to after his scare. The 14 way are insanely comfortable, but expensive. I'd go with the 4 way if cost is a factor if you have tried them out. The 4 way Boxster S seats in the 2001 model I had were four way and fine, but I'm not sure they are the same seat as the new 911.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Weim911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Weim911
I had originally ordered my car with the 14 way seat. Then I thought why spend the money, and I tried the 4 way seats. I couldn't get comfortable so I thought maybe I should try the 18 way. Yeah. I ordered the 18 way seats. They are slightly more comfortable then the 14 ways IMHO BUT you have to like the plastic gray back of them (or pay for the leather upgrade).
I originally ordered the 14ways because I hated the way the plastic backs stood out, but then I sat in a platinum interior car and the silver plastic seat backs blend in so I got the 18 ways with a full leather black/platinum interior and they are worth every penny. Very adjustable.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:35 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, don't the 4 way sport seats plus have thicker bolsters and back cushions? Ala more race car style?
Old 07-26-2014, 03:38 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by drcollie
I have the base seats in my car and they're great - because they are wider than the upgraded power seats. Plus, they weigh 30 lb less per seat.
Really???! Now I've good reason to munch those choco sundae...
Old 07-27-2014, 05:04 PM
RFMASSA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche Jeff
I have the 4 way sport seats. I bought my 991 preowned, and would have gotten the 14 or 18 way seats. Another problem is with the manual adjust. If you let a valet drive your car, the seat adjustment always is off, n easy memory button. BTW, we are neighbors OP, I'm in West Bloomfield.
Are you a member of the local South East Michigan Porsche club? I have been for about 30 years and go to some of the club events, especially if they are driving events.

Quick Reply: 4-Way Sport Seats