Sponsored by:

Just got build slot for Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
I have driven with and without PDCC and love the PDCC....but planning to use the car on track occasionally so would like S-PASM too.. Good Idea?
If you plan on tracking it, I think S-PASM would be a great addition ... although it may effect your resale value in the future
Old 06-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

What about either Sport Design (full or just front fascia) or Cup aerokit?
Old 06-24-2014, 06:44 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
What about either Sport Design (full or just front fascia) or Cup aerokit?
I am not too keen on the new spots aero kit. I like the clean lines and shape as is. I think the 20mm lowering makes the car sit even better.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Resale value is a sales technique i am not fond of.... A good salesman (from your perspective) will always offer items to remove from your options if he suggests something should be added... I was truly impressed by mine as he almost dumbed down my Configurator spec then gave me advice on some of the more useful additions... No pressure... Just advice... It's hard to demonstrate this without going into essay mode but just a few examples.... 1) he suggested one interior colour combo wasn't as strong on resale... But all his alternative suggestions were same price (no gain for him) 2) i enquired about the sport design kit as i was considering adding that... He advised front apron definite but rear ducktail depends on taste... (Again, he could have just confirmed the whole kit was great) 3) i was all set on c4S... He asked me about my use and tried to steer me to c2S... Sensibly he was probably correct but i had my mind made up so went 4S and he went out of his way to get me some extended drive time in a new demo 4S ... (My point here that he was trying to get the best car for me albeit a lower cost) I'm not naive and i know there are lots of sales tricks... Some of which were obvious... Others i probably fell for... But i never once felt he tried to talk me to a higher cost car... And i can honestly say i am much happier with the car i got than the car i specced on the Configurator.... At the same price ... Thanks to someone i will definitely use again!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I am not too keen on the new spots aero kit. I like the clean lines and shape as is. I think the 20mm lowering makes the car sit even better.
+1
Old 06-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman
Resale value is a sales technique i am not fond of.... A good salesman (from your perspective) will always offer items to remove from your options if he suggests something should be added... I was truly impressed by mine as he almost dumbed down my Configurator spec then gave me advice on some of the more useful additions... No pressure... Just advice... It's hard to demonstrate this without going into essay mode but just a few examples.... 1) he suggested one interior colour combo wasn't as strong on resale... But all his alternative suggestions were same price (no gain for him) 2) i enquired about the sport design kit as i was considering adding that... He advised front apron definite but rear ducktail depends on taste... (Again, he could have just confirmed the whole kit was great) 3) i was all set on c4S... He asked me about my use and tried to steer me to c2S... Sensibly he was probably correct but i had my mind made up so went 4S and he went out of his way to get me some extended drive time in a new demo 4S ... (My point here that he was trying to get the best car for me albeit a lower cost) I'm not naive and i know there are lots of sales tricks... Some of which were obvious... Others i probably fell for... But i never once felt he tried to talk me to a higher cost car... And i can honestly say i am much happier with the car i got than the car i specced on the Configurator.... At the same price ... Thanks to someone i will definitely use again!
sounds like a good sales experience... which is what you hope/expect when buying a car like a 911!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Quite!
Old 06-30-2014, 02:33 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Thanks for All the input.

My build slot is the 1st week of September. Should be here by the end of that month

Below is the car I have asked them to build. I think it fulfills all my needs for a tourer/sometimes track day car with all the extras I will ever need. Here's my list and explanation.

911 Carrera S

Jet Black Metallic - gone from white to black and it looks awesome.
Black leather interior - the two tone grey is too bright for me and red and blue are a no no too.
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor - got it on my Peugeot 309
Rear wiper - I will use it in the rain.
Painted headlamp cleaning system cover - I don't like the silver ones.
Aluminum window frames - With the Jet Black the car looks so retro, just reminds me of a 1970's Carrera
Bi-Xenon-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Privacy glass (rear window) - Looks great on the car and works.. I think side window privacy ruins the clear window shape and car lines.
Reversing camera incl. ParkAssist front and rear - This car costs a fortune and I'm a stoner...... sometimes..
Clear glass tail lights - I love contrast with the black paint.
SportDesign exterior mirrors - They look so much better than the standard ones.
PASM sport suspension (- 20 mm) incl. PDCC - For comfort and speed and the -20 mm. And because I can't make my mind up which is best, so will get them both.
Sports exhaust system - Sounds f***ing amazing
Sport Chrono Package Plus - for the above, the buttons and the performance.
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) - For traffic driving and because when I tried it and "woah this sh*t really works"
20-inch 911 Turbo wheel - my favorite
Wheel spacers, 5mm - of course wider is better...haha
Adaptive sports seats plus, electrical 18 ways - I like all the support.. I am very slim and so is my chick..
Cruise control - For now and again when I want to stay below the speed limit.
White instrument dials - Just look so good in the black car.
Floor mats
Smoking package - For the lid. I have promised only to smoke outside the car.
Carrara White Sport Chrono clock display - to match the rest. Does anyone ever use this clock?
SportDesign steering wheel - For the gear changes
Brushed aluminium centre console trim - Sets off the black
Brushed aluminium interior package - Breaks up the black
Stainless steel door sill guards - Stop my Beatle boots scratching and catching. 2 inch cuban heels kill car paint.
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (VTS) - Comes standard, but do I have to pay a yearly subscription?

So thats about it.

This is my 1st new car and I will probably only do it once so have gone for a lot of stuff to make my perfect build. If I had more money things would be very different.. But hey I am doing pretty good.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

My build slot is the 1st week of September. Should be here by the end of that month

Below is the car I have asked them to build. I think it fulfills all my needs for a tourer/sometimes track day car with all the extras I will ever need. Here's my list and explanation.

911 Carrera S

Black leather interior - the two tone grey is too bright for me and red and blue are a no no too.
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor - got it on my Peugeot 309
Aluminum window frames - With the Jet Black the car looks so retro, just reminds me of a 1970's Carrera
Privacy glass (rear window) - Looks great on the car and works.. I think side window privacy ruins the clear window shape and car lines.
Reversing camera incl. ParkAssist front and rear - This car costs a fortune and I'm a stoner...... sometimes..
PASM sport suspension (- 20 mm) incl. PDCC - For comfort and speed and the -20 mm. And because I can't make my mind up which is best, so will get them both.
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) - For traffic driving and because when I tried it and "woah this sh*t really works"
Adaptive sports seats plus, electrical 18 ways - I like all the support.. I am very slim and so is my chick..
Floor mats
Carrara White Sport Chrono clock display - to match the rest. Does anyone ever use this clock?
Stainless steel door sill guards - Stop my Beatle boots scratching and catching. 2 inch cuban heels kill car paint.
Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (VTS) - Comes standard, but do I have to pay a yearly subscription?

So thats about it.

This is my 1st new car and I will probably only do it once so have gone for a lot of stuff to make my perfect build. If I had more money things would be very different.. But hey I am doing pretty good.

Thanks
might recommend alacantara sports design wheel for track use!

enjoy!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:22 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick build. Can't wait to see pics of this monster.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:12 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Originally Posted by eg991
Sick build. Can't wait to see pics of this monster.
You and me both....Its going to be a long wait..
Old 06-30-2014, 06:37 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely, I went through my wait last spring. Believe me, though -- it's well worth it.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

911 Carrera S

Floor mats

So thats about it.

Thanks
It will morph into a robot like transformers, with these many options!
Old 07-04-2014, 08:14 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

So I'm just about there on the build, I think. For now.

Going to lose the Bose and go for base sounds.

But still not sure on a couple of things:

Should I go black on black or switch up to the special leather agate grey. Will black on black be just a touch too much? (No ac/dc jokes please)..

And I just can't decide on clear rear lights or normal.. any thoughts?

There aren't many pics of clear rears on black but what I have seen look pretty smart..

Oh and why can't I add the aluminum PDK gear selector to the brushed aluminum interior package and brushed aluminum centre console trim option....My Porsche guys doesn't know.

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:06 AM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Black on black always looks good, particularly in a 911. I'd go 2 tone beige before grey though. And I think the standard red lights look way, way better than clear on almost every exterior color, especially on black.

I think the "free" black is the better black too, if you can stay on top of keeping it borderline flawlessly clean

Quick Reply: Just got build slot for Carrera S