Just got build slot for Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 07:39 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,740 Likes on 4,765 Posts

Originally Posted by eg991
Nice build. Agree with those who have recommended to drop the clear tails, but it's all a matter of personal taste and preferences. Try to find a white car (you won't find any metallic whites at the dealer, most likely) with clear tails and see what you think.
Sort of like these?

Last edited by ipse dixit; 09-12-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rear wiper?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Factory Delivery! bin PDCC...
Old 06-23-2014, 08:16 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

I would knock off at least 10 grand for pretty much the same car and option level by getting rid of expensive and IMO low value options but that's just me. If you really think you want all that, by all means get it.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:37 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Just get the 918 and be done with it.
once you spec out a 2015 Turbo S with a dreamy number of " Exclusive " features and PTS color, you start asking yourself why not just get a Ferrari 458...what's another 50k at that point ?

most non-car folks look at a passing Turbo ( if they even notice common 911s at all ) and think " 100k " since they can't tell it from base Carrera which can also come with spoilers ; they look at a 458 and think " half a million ", if that means anything
Old 06-23-2014, 11:36 PM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

i like red seat belts....I have them on my white C2s and they accent the red calipers really well.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:44 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
Hi everyone..

Thank you for all the knowledge and information you have imparted on here

After browsing this forum for the last few months and playing on the car configurator I have finally come up with a car I want and can just about afford.

I just booked my build slot today and am expecting the car some time in mid August.

The more info I get the more I am confused.
What do I need on my car for me ? For resale ? For fun...?

I want to keep the car for at least 3 years and plan to tour and track day with it.

I know most of the extras are subject to an individuals needs and desires but am I missing anything important on my build? Am I wasting my time with anything?

Please let me know what you think... Many thanks..
OMG Nooooo ...... it looks like I have gone mad this list is so long and so so expensive....
Do you need cruise control? Are you commuting - SPASM/PDCC seems more in keeping with a w/e car? N.Am cars have it as a standard feature; I never use it.
What benefit do you see to Online Svcs?
SD mirrors are great! Love them on my 50th.
Agree with others to ditch the Clear Taillights.
Are the painted bits and bobs really important - I like little details like that, but in 3-4 years when you part with the car...
What area of GB are you from that you need Seat Ventillation?
I have never found a situation where I missed out by not having a rear wiper; having said that, I noticed LOTS of GB and European 911's have one when I was there in 2012 and this year; I wonder how important?
18 way seats are great - I have/had them in both my cars - others have not enjoyed them so much, so make sure you try examples with and without.

Your desires and opinions rule - don't let us spend all your money, no matter how much we enjoy it!
Good luck!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:00 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VIC_50th
Do you need cruise control?
What benefit do you see to Online Svcs?
SD mirrors are great! Love them on my 50th.
Agree with others to ditch the Clear Taillights.
Are the painted bits and bobs really important - I like little details like that, but in 3-4 years when you part with the car...
What area of GB are you from that you need Seat Ventillation?
I have never found a situation where I missed out by not having a rear wiper; having said that, I noticed LOTS of GB and European 911's have one when I was there in 2012 and this year; I wonder how important?
18 way seats are great - I have/had them in both my cars - others have not enjoyed them so much, so make sure you try examples with and without.

Your desires and opinions rule - don't let us spend all your money, no matter how much we enjoy it!
Good luck!
Thanks man, great response and you have made me think a fair bit about what I need and want and what the salesman says I need for resale..

I will ditch the heated and vented seats, although "my Porsche man" says they are essential for resale... F*** I haven't even got the car yet and I am thinking of resale...

Online services sounds important but does appear not to be in real life.

I liked the 18 ways seats on the loan car. The sports mirrors and detailing will also stay.

BUT the rear light thing is still bugging me. Need to see more pictures. They look so good with the Rhodium but maybe not so with the white..
Old 06-24-2014, 01:01 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Originally Posted by ggreg911
i like red seat belts....I have them on my white C2s and they accent the red calipers really well.
A nice idea indeed. Thanks
Old 06-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great list of extras! It's all opinion but i would drop the clear lights (as others have said) and also the aluminium window frames and online services.... I would keep the heated and vented seats (yes i live in the uk) I would ADD sports design front apron only at the very least - transforms the car. SPASM is dependant on how you plan to use the car. You get PASM (-10mm) as std on S anyway

+1 on the sports design mirrors! That is possibly the only option i wish I'd gone for and didnt...
Old 06-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman
Great list of extras! It's all opinion but i would drop the clear lights (as others have said) and also the aluminium window frames and online services.... I would keep the heated and vented seats (yes i live in the uk) I would ADD sports design front apron only at the very least - transforms the car. SPASM is dependant on how you plan to use the car. You get PASM (-10mm) as std on S anyway

+1 on the sports design mirrors! That is possibly the only option i wish I'd gone for and didnt...
+1 any car (never mind a 911) looks cheap, sh*tty and American with alu window trim IMO
Old 06-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

BTW if you have the chance I would at least drive a car with and without PDCC (and if possible S-PASM) before you order either option ...
Old 06-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice build,
Imo the Pearly metallic whites look a bit feminime on any car.
I would get basic White which enhances the sport carachter of the 991.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:06 PM
John's 991
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
I will ditch the heated and vented seats, although "my Porsche man" says they are essential for resale... F*** I haven't even got the car yet and I am thinking of resale...
Yes, my sales guy gave me the same pitch when I deleted the sunroof. First of all, I really did not want it, second I am planning on enjoying the car and not worrying about selling it at some undefined point and third, I don't think he is correct.

Buy what you want because you want it, then enjoy it. These are wonderful cars. I would recommend trying it on track too.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:28 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
BTW if you have the chance I would at least drive a car with and without PDCC (and if possible S-PASM) before you order either option ...
I have driven with and without PDCC and love the PDCC....but planning to use the car on track occasionally so would like S-PASM too.. Good Idea?

Quick Reply: Just got build slot for Carrera S