Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, my first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 12:49 PM
UAE_911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Oscar, First impression of the quality of the indoor cover is great. The material seems very strong yet "breathable". It comes in a very nice Porsche bag. I will post some pics of of later.

On the detailing: I have my own standard on this which are maybe beyond the average norm. I've always been very disappointed with how previous new cars were delivered to me with a lot of swirl marks from improper washing and drying by the dealership. Hence, I have asked Porsche not to touch my car (or at least keep their cleaning process to an absolute minimum (just a rinse down). They probably think I'm crazy but they helped me out with my unusual request. Flip side of the coin is that I will be spending two full days detailing the car (instead of driving it) but I enjoy the process so I don't mind at all. Will also post some pics of the detailing proces.

Temperatures indeed are getting a bit more bearable here so I will be taking a lot of trips soon. First destination is Jebel Jais (east of Ras al Khaimah) next weekend. Until then, I'll be testing the grip of my new car on the mega roundabouts and spaghetti-flyovers in Dubai:

Old 10-15-2014, 01:10 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

[QUOTE=UAE_911;11724922]Hi everyone,

I picked up my car today and I cannot find the words to describe how great it is! Simply amazing!
More photo's will follow after the weekend.

I must correct what I wrote yesterday on my dealership being stingy. They gave me a gift voucher plus a full tank of gas. It's not the monetary value that counts but the gesture that matters.

Don't you think that every time you purchase a new vehicle the dealer should give you a full tank, my dealer did when I bought my first vehicle?

Last edited by bcgreen; 10-19-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:01 AM
UAE_911
Intermediate

Here's a first pic of my new car:

Old 10-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice. Congrats!
Old 10-19-2014, 08:33 AM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Congrats !! Enjoy it !
Sure it looks very beautiful !
More pics please !
Old 10-19-2014, 11:12 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Beautiful! How long did the detail take?
Old 10-19-2014, 11:54 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Smart move telling them hands off. There's terrific photo-essay threads on here of guys taking delivery of cars with all the plastic protective wrap still in place. On the one hand it is pathetic that the same people who sell and service a $100k+ car are unwilling to learn how to wash it. On the other hand doing it yourself must be like unwrapping the worlds best Christmas present. Don't forget a big DO NOT WASH sign to hang in the window whenever you have to leave it with them for servicing.

Thanks for the photo's. GT Silver is just such a special color!

Quick Reply: Finally, my first Porsche