Sponsored by:

PSE vs. non PSE exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I've talked to my dealer - My install is scheduled for next Wednesday. They gave me an offer I can't refuse on the full PSE install. I'll come out ahead vs. ordering it from the factory. Can't wait to get this going!
Do you have an "S"? My understanding is all the wiring is already on the car. What kind of price are you getting from the stealership?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2014, 07:49 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

About 3k out the door including tax and labor. Then I will sell my S exhaust and tips and make a few hundred. It was 2950 plus tax had it been ordered with the car so I am pleased. I used the 15%, off coupon u can find on your dealers site. I will ask about the labor hours and preinstalled wiring when I drop it off and update the thread with what they say
Old 03-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

About 3k out the door including tax and labor. Then I will sell my S exhaust and tips and make a few hundred. It was 2950 plus tax had it been ordered with the car so I am pleased. I used the 15%, off coupon u can find on your dealers site. I will ask about the labor hours and preinstalled wiring when I drop it off and update the thread with what they say
Thanks in advance. As I said in an earlier post, I really want the AWE exhaust. I just want the option to quiet it down when I want.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:20 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 122554

Thanks in advance. As I said in an earlier post, I really want the AWE exhaust. I just want the option to quiet it down when I want.
Honestly you will find that the AWE exhaust sounds incredible in quiet mode and will use that most often. Its nice and subtle and when you get on it the valves open and the heavens open up. Loud mode is really loud... Suited for when you are really wringing it out or on the track. Agree that the AWE is better if you can control it.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:19 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I will be very surprised if the PSE wiring is already in you car. Porsche did not pre-wire the 997 for PSE it the car was not ordered with PSE. Unless they changed this practice for the 991, I don't think the wiring is in your car.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:53 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

I had the factory PSE fitted to my 991 C2S. All the needed wiring was there- the console switch just had to be added. Works perfectly and meets my happy noise/quiet needs.

I harbor illusions about stock setups being easier to sell when the time comes. But it is equally likely that the AWE could be a sales point with a knowledgable buyer, and by the time I sell this car the $$ difs will be in the noise (so to speak)).
Old 03-29-2014, 07:08 PM
ScorpionT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just clearing up some confusion. The PSE tips are different from non-PSE and arent interchangeable. They are similar in appearance but not fitment.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I had the factory PSE fitted to my 991 C2S. All the needed wiring was there- the console switch just had to be added. Works perfectly and meets my happy noise/quiet needs.

I harbor illusions about stock setups being easier to sell when the time comes. But it is equally likely that the AWE could be a sales point with a knowledgable buyer, and by the time I sell this car the $$ difs will be in the noise (so to speak)).
Thanks for this. Everyone I've spoken with that has knowledge about the 991 thought this was the case, but up till now, no one has been able to confirm!
Old 03-29-2014, 09:12 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 122554
Thanks for this. Everyone I've spoken with that has knowledge about the 991 thought this was the case, but up till now, no one has been able to confirm!
I learned a little more today when I had my car next to a PSE car. There is some vacuum line work to be done if you are fitting the OEM PSE. That doesn't need to happen with the AWE since the valves are in the same place as they are on the non PSE exhaust . So for AWE it truly is plug and play. Get the button, install the exhaust, recode the car. Done!
Old 03-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

I learned a little more today when I had my car next to a PSE car. There is some vacuum line work to be done if you are fitting the OEM PSE. That doesn't need to happen with the AWE since the valves are in the same place as they are on the non PSE exhaust . So for AWE it truly is plug and play. Get the button, install the exhaust, recode the car. Done!
Great! Placing order on Monday!

Thank You!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:59 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc

Chuck, that is good to know for future reference.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Wink

Originally Posted by gota911
Chuck, that is good to know for future reference.
So are you "very surprised"?
Old 03-31-2014, 11:37 AM
wanderfalke
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was quoted 4 grand for the pse retro fit on a c4s, does that sound about typical?
Old 03-31-2014, 12:07 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Take advantage of the Porsche 15% off coupon available on most dealer sites. It will save you > $500. The one out there now expires today (!). I don't know how often they are up there.

example from my dealer site:
http://hennessyporsche.com/15-Off-Wi...95/special.php
Old 03-31-2014, 12:48 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Out of curiosity for those removing the standard S center exhaust - where do the vacuum leads connect to on the engine (ie the other end than the connection to the exhaust) and could I connect the vacuum leads to a base 3.4L engine?

I tried asking a few dealerships and they had no idea.

Also, if you are asking during your install - would you mind asking if the PSE switch wiring is also there standard for a base 3.4L engine.

Thx.

Quick Reply: PSE vs. non PSE exhaust Tips