Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What cleaning products do you use on your Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Been using One Grand EVR dressing with decent results. Just got a sample of Pinnacle that seems to work well on the black plastic on the front and rear bumpers. Haven't tried it yet on the rubber.

By the way, mine is a garage queen.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Chrono
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

CG Silk & Shine is working great on my tires. Lasts longer than 303 (on tires) or Meg's foam. Water based. Inexpensive.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:22 PM
addysdaddy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For tires, rubber & plastic trim I like Car-Pro PERL (full strength - not diluted) or Ultima Tire & Rubber Treatment for window seals and plastic trim. Both are easy to use and don't look "wet" when dry. More of a semi gloss/luster finish. This is a great time of year to buy detailing supplies as many of the bigger online stores waive shipping charges and are giving 20-25% discounts store way.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:26 PM
addysdaddy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Though it's been on the market for a while now, there is a high tech alternative to the conventional clay bar. I would like to strongly recommended Nanoskin mitt, towel or DA buffing pad if you haven't already tried it.

Nanoskin & Clay bars
Nanoskin Pad truly a gee whiz product that is luxury turned necessity. Replaces traditional clay bar and allows you to decon the paint in a fraction of the time and effort. Cheaper in the long run then clay. Get the medium grade version in the size desired. I have stopped using conventional clay as a result of buying this product!
http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-aut...ium-grade.html

Glide concentrated lube for Nanoskin products this is what's recommended by Nanoskin and since it's such a high tech product, I use it exclusively though any clay lube would "probably" work, but...I'm sticking with Glide.
Nanoskin Glide Instant Detail Spray Lubricant Concentrate 16 oz.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:40 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by addysdaddy
Though it's been on the market for a while now, there is a high tech alternative to the conventional clay bar. I would like to strongly recommended Nanoskin mitt, towel or DA buffing pad if you haven't already tried it.

Nanoskin & Clay bars
Nanoskin Pad truly a gee whiz product that is luxury turned necessity. Replaces traditional clay bar and allows you to decon the paint in a fraction of the time and effort. Cheaper in the long run then clay. Get the medium grade version in the size desired. I have stopped using conventional clay as a result of buying this product!
http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-aut...ium-grade.html

Glide concentrated lube for Nanoskin products this is what's recommended by Nanoskin and since it's such a high tech product, I use it exclusively though any clay lube would "probably" work, but...I'm sticking with Glide.
Nanoskin Glide Instant Detail Spray Lubricant Concentrate 16 oz.
+991 on the Nanoskin mitt. It is a fantastic product and cuts your cleaning/detailing time easily in half. Great product that gives great results. Kudos to addy and his recommendation.

Quick Reply: What cleaning products do you use on your Porsche?