Sponsored by:

PTS and LTS Porsche Exclusive ordering

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Navy CDR
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PTS and LTS Porsche Exclusive ordering

Today I took delivery of a 991S with a Paint to Sample (PTS) exterior and Leather to Sample (LTS) interior. I ordered the car 12/8/12 and about 190 days later took delivery.

First and foremost is the custom ordering thread on this 991 site. It contains most of the info needed to even consider ordering a car with unique exterior colors and interior colors. Poster "Z356" provided an enormous amount of details for the Porsche Exclusive ordering process and you MUST read through this before even considering ordering a unique car. Do not rely solely on the dealership.

The dealership can "custom" a car for you if all you want is available through the car configuator. But if you want a special color that is not normally available then you can get it by ordering through Porsche Exclusive. If you want an interior that is NOT normally available, then you can/may be able to get it through Porsche Exclusive. The reason I say MAY is because interior leathers for any of the Porsche cars is a "normal" leather but if you want something else then you may have an issue. Porsche can formulate any exterior paint color (if they approve) but leather is a different story.

I ordered a PTS exterior color of Porsche Racing Green Metallic with a LTS interior of two tone, full natural leather, in Espresso and Cognac with deviating stitching (only Espresso thread on the Cognac leather). Z356 pointed out that ordering a two tone interior was very tricky because the plastic parts may not be the same color as the leather parts. You must seek the help of the Porsche Exclusive reps if you want a unique interior.

My thanks goes out to Edurado (Z356) and Melissa Witek (Porsche Exclusive rep) for giving me the knowledge and help needed to order a very special car (at least to me).
Attached Images   
Old 06-17-2013, 08:21 PM
GT325
Pro

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

amazing. especially the LTS interior. thanks for sharing enjoy in good health!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 PM
cy456
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gratz on the car, great combo!

6 and a half months to build? yeesh. Do you know if it was the PTS/LTS or both that contributed to the long wait? I have a tentative PTS order for a September build and am wondering if I can count on a Nov delivery or should I expect a longer wait.... Other than the paint nothing else on the car is custom.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:45 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

That is one beautiful car! I can hear you smiling! Enjoy!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:03 PM
WCE
User

Received 176 Likes on 85 Posts

Excellent choices - expresso and cognac in all the right places, and I'm partial to the dark green exterior also, truly unique and understated.
More pics and/or pricing info if you please!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Congratulations, Navy CDR! That combination is just spectacular! Best of luck and enjoy it in good health!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Colorado
Old 06-17-2013, 11:40 PM
scubadiver637
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!!
Old 06-18-2013, 01:12 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow indeed, it looks amazing!
Old 06-18-2013, 02:57 AM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

You seem to have missed the shifter's leather boot. Other than that, pretty cool!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Great colors!
Really like how it looks.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:29 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

The Espresso and cognac interior has certainly grown on me. In fact when the two tone blue and black full leather was no longer available I ordered the Espresso and Cognac for my wife's soon to arrive Cayenne Diesel.

By the way pictures don't do the Green and two tone interior justice. A friend in our region has your same combination in a Cayenne and that interior really is set off by the dark green exterior . Enjoy your new Porsche
Old 06-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
You seem to have missed the shifter's leather boot. Other than that, pretty cool!
That is not his fault.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 06-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Navy CDR
Intermediate

To answer some comments on the PTS and LTS 991S car.

The very first estimated delivery date was June 5th (ordered on 12/8/12). I do not think the Porsche Exclusive ordering of the PTS was the reason as much as the LTS.

Price for the PTS and LTS was around $11,000 and the deviated stitching around $3,000. The leather was all natural leather. In one of Z356's notes on custom ordering, it was written that if you could afford it buy natural leather; I took that to heart.

The leather boot around the shift handle is black as well as the box immediately behind the steering wheel. I could have paid extra for the area behind the steering wheel but once again the custom ordering thread stated that if the leather was a dark color one could do without spending the extra money. You really cannot notice the difference in the black versus the espresso. As for the boot around the shift handle that was not an option that Porsche Exclusive had.

I first saw the two tone Espresso/Cognac interior in the Cayenne and loved it. The 991's luxor color was much too light and the black was too dark (in the two tone option). So, with Porsche Exclusive's help we built the two tone, all natural leather, interior. A change that we made was to NOT carry the light Cognac color to the floor because it would show dirt more quickly than the Espresso colored floor. The Cognac leather color just lightens up the Espresso interior. It is yet to be seen if the 991 turbo's will eventually offer the two tone Espresso/Cognac option.

One note: The car was developed with an Espresso interior color then we deviated the interior color with Cognac on the seats, and doors. That way we made sure all the pieces and parts were the right colors. This was another issue and concern raised by Z356 in the custom ordering thread.

I will repeat any number of times how valuable the custom ordering thread was in giving me the knowledge and questions to be asked when ordering a truly custom Porsche. Eduardo (Z356) has done the Porsche customer, with the Porsche Exclusive ordering process, a great service.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:03 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Nice car! Especially love the interior. It's so unique, and very well done.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 AM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
That is not his fault.

Saludos,
Eduardo
I thought it was also customizable. See this screen shot from the Porsche Exclusive video showing what appears to a personalized gear shift:
Name:  PorscheExclusvie_zpsecec131a.jpg
Views: 1703
Size:  35.6 KB

Saludos,

Jeff

Quick Reply: PTS and LTS Porsche Exclusive ordering