Sponsored by:

Deactivating 991 Auto Stop/Start Permanently

Old 04-14-2013, 10:37 PM
fivethirtyam
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deactivating 991 Auto Stop/Start Permanently

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if I violate any of the "unspoken rules". My question is about the 991's Auto Stop/Start. In my 2012 Cayenne S, I was able to deactivate the feature by pressing that button in the center console and it would stay that way every time I started the car, until I pressed the button again to re-activate it. However, in my C4, the computer doesn't seem to remember this setting after I turn off the car and reactivates the feature so I have to press the button again the next time I start.

The dealership told me that "that's just how it is" on the 991s and that there's no way to "permanently" deactivate Auto Stop/Start. Just wondering if anyone else here has any experience/input on this matter.

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:58 PM
barihunk
Advanced

Not true, at least in US cars. If you have the memory package and have "auto memory" for the keys turned on it should keep it off by default.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 PM
sbpsu354
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2013 Boxster has the auto start/stop function and it remembers the last setting when I get back in to drive again. Mine is a base model with virtually no options, so I would imagine the 991 can do the same.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:58 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by barihunk
Not true, at least in US cars. If you have the memory package and have "auto memory" for the keys turned on it should keep it off by default.
For each key, you need to press the Memory Button and then press Button #3 (the one with a tiny little picture of a key next to the three). That's how you save, for each key, the personal comfort settings such as door locks, lights, radio stations & settings and Auto Start/stop.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:16 AM
fivethirtyam
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TTCarrera
For each key, you need to press the Memory Button and then press Button #3 (the one with a tiny little picture of a key next to the three). That's how you save, for each key, the personal comfort settings such as door locks, lights, radio stations & settings and Auto Start/stop.
So I went down to the garage during lunch break and tinkered around a little bit. It seems like pressing the set button and then the "3 with a little key" button saves the settings for air conditioning, temperature, and chassis settings, however, PSM and Auto Stop/Start both re-activate themselves upon re-starting the car.

I have the Adaptive Sports Seats Plus option and although Porsche's Technical Specs page doesn't explicitly mention that it memorizes Auto Stop/Settings, I'd still expect it to do so...

EDIT: I went back and read the page again, and it does say this, "Auto Start Stop Function, retains last selected setting after vehicle restart"... I guess I'll call the dealership again...

Last edited by fivethirtyam; 04-15-2013 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Misread Information
Old 04-15-2013, 03:36 AM
onapex
Intermediate

1st thing I did was turned it off. so glad it remembers, otherwise it would be really annoying. one of your settings must be incorrect.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:10 AM
maximmm
Intermediate

Sorry for offtopic. How to swivel down mirror glass on the passenger side during parking automatically?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:20 AM
fivethirtyam
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by onapex
1st thing I did was turned it off. so glad it remembers, otherwise it would be really annoying. one of your settings must be incorrect.
I've read elsewhere that this is a difference between European setting 991s and their American counterparts. Apparently the American ones remember and the European ones don't. With mine being purchased in China, I suppose it has the European specs and therefore reactivates Auto Start/Stop every time I start the car.

So I guess I'll have to get used to pressing that button... If anyone else has any other info on sorting this out, I'd really appreciate it.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:42 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by maximmm
Sorry for offtopic. How to swivel down mirror glass on the passenger side during parking automatically?
In 997, I think you leave your side mirror selector to the passenger side.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 AM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It's easy, but to describe it exactly I'd have to take 10 minutes, get out my owners manual and then type out the instructions for you.

Suggest instead, RTOM.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:41 AM
maximmm
Intermediate

Ok, it was already done before my post.
I have sport seats plus, and no reverse option( where as per manual you can set up it) in light&visibility menu.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,021 Likes on 545 Posts

vehicle
settings
light and visibility
reverse options

BTW, I like just pressing the mirror switch, unfortunately you cannot do that.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:51 AM
maximmm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dyim
vehicle
settings
light and visibility
reverse options

BTW, I like just pressing the mirror switch, unfortunately you cannot do that.
No reverse option in menu!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2013 991S with PDK and somehow the Auto Stop never Auto Stops the engine. The light on the switch is on permanently since delivery. On the reversing mirror issue there is a thread either here or on Rennlist that describes in detail how to have the mirror go where you want it when you go into reverse.

John in Vancouver
Old 04-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,021 Likes on 545 Posts

No reverse option in menu!
Hmmmm. I have premium package plus with 14 way seats. I would not think that should make a difference. But I guess it does.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deactivating 991 Auto Stop/Start Permanently