Sponsored by:

2013 991 Carrera S issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:28 AM
veilsideLGD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 991 Carrera S issues

Hey everyone! I've had my Carrera S for 3.5 months now and had to go in for two repairs. My driver's side rear tail light had an issue where the "red lamination on the inside was starting to come/peel off. Basically, I can see through parts of the red portion of the taillight since there were spots showing clear instead of red. I had that repaired last week and for the past two weeks I noticed my driver's side front seat is squeaking very loudly when I move in the seat and when I'm driving. I'm going to be bringing the vehicle in again to have it repaired but I am disappointed in these minor issues and a huge inconvenience. On the flip side, I haven't had any major issues.

Any Rennlisters having minor issues like this?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:55 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by veilsideLGD
Hey everyone! I've had my Carrera S for 3.5 months now and had to go in for two repairs. My driver's side rear tail light had an issue where the "red lamination on the inside was starting to come/peel off. Basically, I can see through parts of the red portion of the taillight since there were spots showing clear instead of red. I had that repaired last week and for the past two weeks I noticed my driver's side front seat is squeaking very loudly when I move in the seat and when I'm driving. I'm going to be bringing the vehicle in again to have it repaired but I am disappointed in these minor issues and a huge inconvenience. On the flip side, I haven't had any major issues.

Any Rennlisters having minor issues like this?
Par for the course with any new car. I took delivery of an M5 at the factory and when they rolled it out I noticed that a rear lens was cracked. Even right at the factory there are f--- ups.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:03 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Local Porsche tech mentioned he was surprised that 991 has shown some undercoating trouble, not real clear on what he meant. Any one heard of this?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:08 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fjpdds
Local Porsche tech mentioned he was surprised that 991 has shown some undercoating trouble, not real clear on what he meant. Any one heard of this?
No.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Window seal tore. It's on the door right by the side mirror. There's a triangular piece of trim and then a little rubber piece that the window contacts when it goes up. Mine tore after 1000 miles. I've looked at new cars on the showroom floor and the same piece looks like they are ready to tear. I believe it is a factory design flaw. Dealership has ordered a replacement seal, but I suspect it will tear within a few hundred miles as well.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:43 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

My speedometer is faulty. Every time I know I'm going 55 mph I look down and the damn thing says 90 to 100. I'm sick of it and thinking about returning it as a lemon. Maybe I will buy a vette. Chevette or NoVa. It's shameful. My 9-year old says the car is a piece of junk and asks why didn't I get a Lotus, Ferrari, Nissan, or Mustang. I can't take it anymore.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:57 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by aualexa2
Window seal tore. It's on the door right by the side mirror. There's a triangular piece of trim and then a little rubber piece that the window contacts when it goes up.
The worse the tear, the more wind noise you will have.
I had mine replaced and took 3 attempts. Apparently it's a very long and delicate piece.
Basically shaped like a large "z" that runs all the way along the door and then down again.

Extremely soft rubber...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Passenger or other side?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Driver side is torn, but it's the identical piece on the passenger side. It's not torn yet, but looks like there is already a crease where it might tear in the future.

Duxsi, you are right about wind noise. That's what made me check the seal in the seal in the first place.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Thanks man. Will inspect in the morning. Hope all works out for you.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:36 PM
86 3point2
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by holminator
My speedometer is faulty. Every time I know I'm going 55 mph I look down and the damn thing says 90 to 100. I'm sick of it and thinking about returning it as a lemon. Maybe I will buy a vette. Chevette or NoVa. It's shameful. My 9-year old says the car is a piece of junk and asks why didn't I get a Lotus, Ferrari, Nissan, or Mustang. I can't take it anymore.
Any chance you have your digital display set kph instead of mph?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

No. It's set to humor.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:28 PM
jmorgan911
Intermediate

Easily the funniest post I read all day lol
Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Love it.,.LOL!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

every time i read this along the thread, it just became more and more hilarious! very clever holm...

Quick Reply: 2013 991 Carrera S issues