Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Porsche! 2013 991S

Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Gary Tubiolo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Porsche! 2013 991S

Finally time for my first Porsche! I pick it up in a couple weeks after they're done installing all the mods! Just wanted to say I enjoy the forum and appreciate everyones input and knowledge.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations. How is the car equipped? What mods are you having done? Didn't take you long lol
Old 03-05-2013, 10:45 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations!
What mods are you having done?

cheers
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sweet!! Agreed, this is an amazing resource. Send some pics when you can and congrats!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:13 AM
Gary Tubiolo
Intermediate

Thanks guys! Mods include: fabspeed carbon intake, front clear marker lights, red seatbelts, techart lowering kit, Techart parts... front lip spoiler, bumper inserts, side skirts, rear diffuser, type ll rear spoiler, exhaust tips, mirror trim, headlight trim and 20" adv10dc wheels. Car should be done in a couple of weeks. I'll post some pics in the process. So far only have pics of the intake.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:42 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Gary, you are from Rochester, NY? I arrived there at age 11 from my home country in the Caribbean. Three years of St. Margaret Mary's Parochial School in Irondequoit and two years of high school at Bishop Kearney. I was cold the whole time I was there! I then moved to Norwood, Mass (which wasn't much warmer!). I miss Rochester. I have great memories of that city and the folks I met there during my five year residence! In fact, I am going back for the 50th Reunion of my SMM's 8th Grade Graduation Class next year! Glad to see there are folks buying new Porsches in my American 'hometown'! Good luck with your mod project, Gary!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 03-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Rainier_991
Instructor

Get them to put the original intake back. The original intake is desined to take in only cool air via the slats at the back (through the center grill when you open it). This arrangement takes in hot air from the engine (lower density, less oxygen=less power). In addition the surface area of the air filters used here is LESS than the original.
The original system is designed by Porsche and has been done well. Porsche did not get the intake system so wrong that you can just replace it with a primitive arrangement (which this is) and hope to get any benifit whatsoever.

Just my 2 cents, otherwise congrats on the new ride.

Originally Posted by Gary Tubiolo
Thanks guys! Mods include: fabspeed carbon intake, front clear marker lights, red seatbelts, techart lowering kit, Techart parts... front lip spoiler, bumper inserts, side skirts, rear diffuser, type ll rear spoiler, exhaust tips, mirror trim, headlight trim and 20" adv10dc wheels. Car should be done in a couple of weeks. I'll post some pics in the process. So far only have pics of the intake.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:17 AM
exponential
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulation on new ride. Great car and nice modify.

But don't like the (hot) air intake from Fab Speed for the same reason as Rainier. I think it is still in time to return this item with out any charge.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Gary Tubiolo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rainier_991
Get them to put the original intake back. The original intake is desined to take in only cool air via the slats at the back (through the center grill when you open it). This arrangement takes in hot air from the engine (lower density, less oxygen=less power). In addition the surface area of the air filters used here is LESS than the original.
The original system is designed by Porsche and has been done well. Porsche did not get the intake system so wrong that you can just replace it with a primitive arrangement (which this is) and hope to get any benifit whatsoever.

Just my 2 cents, otherwise congrats on the new ride.
2 cents is what I'm looking for Rainier....Thank You!! I will be on the phone with dealer first thing.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:00 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Gary, congrats on getting your first Porsche. Can't wait to see the pics of your mods.

I was also going to comment on the infamous HOT air intake, but you have already taken the advice from Rainier_991.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Congrats!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on your new ride Gary Can't wait to see some pictures and hear about what you think about the modification you had done.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:59 PM
MishaDesigns
Former Vendor

Yes congrats! Also what an amazing first porsche to get. Post pics when you can
Old 03-06-2013, 05:17 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Gary,
First of all WELCOME!!! and MAN did you pick a great car!!! But I have to agree with Rainier.
The environmental and milage regulations are SO great these days, that Porsche has to do every
thing they can do engineering wise to get every HP out of the car. They are the best at making the
best with what they have. THEY have years to engineer everything they can with the very best.
They are after all an ENGINEERING company who happens to sell cars.
The only thing that they cant do is in the computer they have to set the computer for all types of
gasoline qualities and all kinds of atmospheric conditions. You can get a CPU tweeked for your gas and
climate zone, but Porsche is pretty good at what they do. Now in another thread your car set a new RING record!!
Congrats!!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 PM
red route 1
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

Gary, very cool. And like Eduardo, I lived in Rochester for many years. Penfield near 441 and 250, and then on Lake road near Empire blvd. A small world.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My first Porsche! 2013 991S