Sponsored by:

Does Espresso interior go with the Dark Blue exterior

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 04:25 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGoSA991
The reason I love this combo is because the espresso is the THE best interior. Why? It and and the Carerra Red are the only 2 production colors made with the highest quality leather. Eliminate the red cause its just too over the top. So you are left with espresso.

Now, the question moves to what external works the best with espresso. That's the tough one. You could go the "predicted combos" or think out of the box. And I think this combo is unique as was mentioned and with tinted windows it will be a nice "surprise" when the passenger steps in and welcomed by that awesome espresso. They will be expecting black or gray.

My $0.02 and good luck!

Cheers

-TLG
BINGO!
(Cosmic balance restored.)
Old 01-14-2013, 06:02 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 991C
I am thinking of ordering a 991C2S in Dark Blue with Espresso interior. I see it as a very rich, classy and luxurious combination, but I have been getting some stick from some of my mates that the espresso does not go with the Dark Blue. Beige or grey or umber are not a choice for me. The only other choice would be black, and that is also not too convincing to me either.

Here are some pics of a dark blue cab with espresso. I am not getting a cab though.

Let me know what you guys think.

Do those two colours completely not go with each other? Or should I stick with my gut instinct and go ahead with the Dark Blue and Espresso combination?
Works for me. Understated elegance, which works very well with what is underneath it all a supercar able to do six outrageous things before breakfast.

I suspect your buddies are hung up on the fashion rule from Nixon's day: never wear a blue tie with a brown suit. Unless you plan to squire John Dean to his pilates appointment, I'd skip that hoary old advice and use good sense. Looks great.

Gary
Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Ashokrts
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Dark Blue 991S with Umber

Just to give you an idea of how the Umber looks with the Dark Blue, most people would still prefer the Espresso. I was torn between the two but I wanted something slightly lighter to go with the dark blue and different than what I have had before. My previous RS60 with Carrera red was also a consideration but again was looking for something different. Regardless, no doubt the Espresso is a rich deep interior and could have been a better choice (most people do not like the Umber). Umber is better in person and does get washed out with a camera flash (no flash used in attached pictures). Good luck and enjoy your decision making!!
Attached Images   

Last edited by Ashokrts; 01-15-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:42 PM
991C
3rd Gear

Well said guys.

Rich, elegant, unique, classy. Thats what I am looking for on the 911.

The Umber looks much nicer than I thought it would, you got me thinking there after looking at those pics. But I think I have decided to go along with the Espresso. I want to have a uncommon very nice looking combo and the Dark Blue Espresso stands out for me.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:00 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Umber looks fine to me, but looking at these pics its interesting that it looks a little better in the second shot with the door open than the first shot where it comes off a little lighter shade. Whichever way it looks in person its sure to be a fine looking interior that goes well with Dark Blue. So I guess I have a hard time understanding most people saying they don't like it. I still prefer Espresso, but that's about as much to do with the top grain quality as the color. This car, Dark Blue/Umber, actually reminds me of the look of one of the most perfect 911S concours cars I ever saw, 1967 911S that is. Even though the colors were different there is something about these colors that evokes that look from the past that still looks great today. I guess what I'm saying is this is a look that will stand up to the test of time.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I like your thinking, Chuck!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Ashokrts
5th Gear

Espresso=you know what you are getting. I did take a chance with the Umber (basing it on what I have seen in cayennes) but it does really look much better in person and I have no regrets having taken the chance. The color is much closer to the carpet color shown than any light reflection you get from a camera (much less an iPhone). The smell and grain quality that I was used to with the Carrera Red is missing but I really had to spend more time maintaining it (fine creases at the seat cushion with the sport seats) than I wanted. Glad some of you liked this combo though, but I would say go with your first instinct.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 PM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The espresso looks great with the Dark Blue exterior. Very elegant combo. That was on my short list too but in the end I wanted a lighter interior. If I could have picked another color, it would have been Cognac interior to offset against the dark blue.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

To the OP - that's a great color combo. Very classy, very timeless. It'll look great 20 years from now... Go for it.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The brown looks a lot better than I imagined, but I still prefer basic black.
Black is timeless and will always be in fashion, also great for resale.
Just don't go with this......

I don't know how anyone in their right mind could butcher such a great interior, with that bright red color I would need special glasses just to prevent sensory overload. Just my opinion.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Alexcyip
AutoX

Agree with most of the folks here, it looks better than I had expected. But I think to truly accentuate it I would add the glass roof as well if you're not going for the cab, as the contrast would really bring it out.

Thumbs up!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Yes, I thought it wouldnt go until I saw the pics.
I like it but blue/umber gets my vote, looks fantastic
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 PM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Expresso interior quite nice. With DBM I chose two-tone black/grey(Z factory images)...

Name:  e8518fa9.jpg
Views: 1959
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  e3e24455.jpg
Views: 3951
Size:  71.2 KB

...which I really love.

Spyder
Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
The brown looks a lot better than I imagined, but I still prefer basic black.
Black is timeless and will always be in fashion, also great for resale.
Just don't go with this......

I don't know how anyone in their right mind could butcher such a great interior, with that bright red color I would need special glasses just to prevent sensory overload. Just my opinion.
In person, Carrera Red is not as bright as shown in the picture you posted. Most picrures of Carrera Red interiors are over exposed and appear MUCH lighter and brighter than the true color. Carrera Red has a tint of cranberry in it and is very rich looking.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 PM
DHill
Advanced

FANTASTIC COMBINATION!!

Quick Reply: Does Espresso interior go with the Dark Blue exterior