Sponsored by:

New 991 S Cab - window won't go up upon raising top

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 06:01 PM
flyboysql
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 991 S Cab - window won't go up upon raising top

I just took my 991 S Cabriolet into the shop to satisfy a refrigeration coolant line recall. A day later upon putting the top up and holding the switch up for a couple seconds, the windows won't close any more. Before this service, it worked just fine. I can close them with the window switches, but it used to work with the roof switch. Any idea how to fix this other than bringing it back to the dealer? Is there some setting somewhere that got erased?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is no user setting for this, you need to revisit the dealer. Good luck!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:11 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a similar probem with my 996 TT Cab after getting a new battery. Seems there's a setting that needs to be changed/set after battery disconnect. Was your battery disconnected when in the shop? It is a simple, one minute fix for the technician if that's the case.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboysql
I just took my 991 S Cabriolet into the shop to satisfy a refrigeration coolant line recall. A day later upon putting the top up and holding the switch up for a couple seconds, the windows won't close any more. Before this service, it worked just fine. I can close them with the window switches, but it used to work with the roof switch. Any idea how to fix this other than bringing it back to the dealer? Is there some setting somewhere that got erased?

Thanks in advance!
I don't think you need a technician to fix this. It's something the owners manual describes. I already traded in my 997 and my 991 hasn't come in yet, but from memory, I believe you have to move the window all the way down with the switch, and then move it all the way to the top. Thereafter, it 'knows' where top is located and it will work with the auxiliary controls again. In a coupe, it automatically drops slightly when you open the door and lifts again when you close the door. With Cabs it does that to clear the top motion. Either one can get confused when you move the window while the door is open or when certain work is done, including disconnecting power to the switch system temporarily. No big deal. Just needs a reset.

The owners manual is a better source than my aged memory, but it's worth trying my way first. Can't damage anything and I might have recalled it correctly.

Gary

Quick Reply: New 991 S Cab - window won't go up upon raising top