Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
UK configurator now has bi colour black/beige option .. selectable but does not show in the rendering
Here is what sfo is talking about. See first photo of the UK website below. The website has not even placed a color representation in the box and it's simply marked with an X! However, when you press the X, it tells you that you are selecting 'Black/Luxor Beige Bi-Colour leather interior' with the option code # BL . Price appears to be the same as the other already announced 991 Bi-Colors (Agate/Pebble; Black/Platinum). The big question mark to me is if this option will incorporate a deviating stitching in Luxor Beige for the dash and top of door trim like it is provided on the other two Bi-Color offerings! That will make it a doubly good deal!

Photo #2 is what happens when this Bi-Color option is not offered and dealer orders just 'deviating dash in black' thinking all the dash plastic pieces will match the adjacent black leather!

I sincerely hope that Bi-Color 'Black/Carrera Red' is offered real soon in every Porsche market! It is surely needed! I assume we will see this new Bi-Color 'Black/Luxor Beige' appear shortly in the PCNA website!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images   
Old 09-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DBYT
Eduardo,
Here is my build:911 Carrera S
Dark Blue Metallic
Luxor Beige leather interior
Seat belts in Guards Red
Dev. Stitch front, rear seat
Deviating stitch dashboard
Deviating Stitching door trim
Dev. stitch rear side panel
Dev. stitch door center panel
Deviating stitching arm rest
Dev. stitching door handles
So you are matching the deviating stitching (in 'Guards Red') in your Luxor Beige leather interior to your optional 'Red' seat belts on the interior and 'Red' brake calipers on the exterior! That will be quite unusual and daring...good for you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 AM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z356
So you are matching the deviating stitching (in 'Guards Red') in your Luxor Beige leather interior to your optional 'Red' seat belts on the interior and 'Red' brake calipers on the exterior! That will be quite unusual and daring...good for you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
The sentiment on this forum about my choice of deviated stitching in red on beige leather with dark blue exterior is similar to what you said above.

I thought the interior needed something to make it a little less boring and given that I saw the red belts as a "must have", contrast stitching in red followed. Unlike red stitching on black, red on beige is not as much of a contrast so, does not stand out as much.

My wife teases me that I am building this 991 like a Ferrari in terms of interior trim look. She is right. A couple of years ago, I spent months building a Ferrari spec but at the last minute, decided not to follow through. Unfortunately, that experience ruined me because Ferrari let's you have a tremendous amount of choice in terms of interior materials and the different combos you can put together.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DBYT
The sentiment on this forum about my choice of deviated stitching in red on beige leather with dark blue exterior is similar to what you said above.
really looking forward to the pics
Old 09-18-2012, 10:23 AM
DBYT
Pro

Originally Posted by sfo
really looking forward to the pics
Car is supposed to be delivered now in early Nov. Fingers crossed that there are no further delays due to glass sunroof. Will post pics as soon as I get my car!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Saw this exclusive option at Suncoast:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...xterior_Lights

Would look good matched with the black headlight option.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a great thread! A little late to this thread, but still hoping there is an answer to the question.. Is black interior available with "natural" top grain analine leather?
Secondarily, is there a process to order the Black interior with a lighter headliner (platinum grey ??) via exclusive? and what do I need to be careful about? Plastic piece colors, etc?
Thanks for any input.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

It takes some time to read through the thread, but its well worth it, and if memory serves will answer your questions. There are images for example of what to watch for and what can happen when ordering contrasting colors like you're talking about. You will have to read and maybe even PM Z356, but I am thinking the answer to your black Natural leather is to order color to sample black in natural leather. That would surely be the most spectacular black interior around. But even then you would have to read the thread and carefully consider, as there are some parts that will still be in the base black leather finish, which not only will show of course a different texture grain and feel but more than likely not be quite the same black color.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Navy CDR
Intermediate

Default Fantastic thread

Earlier in 2012 I was deciding whether to keep my 2001 race prepared C4 or buy a new 2013 991S. I decided to buy a 2013 but did not really like any of the exterior, standard, colors. In July I found the custom ordering thread here and it has been of immense help. The dealership did not normally (I do not think they ever did) order anything other than using their version of the configurator. Even though Porsche has a lot of options ordering something different was not necessarily something the dealership did. The Rennlist thread on custom ordering was the answer. I have read and reread the six sections numerous times and each time I found another piece to the custom ordering puzzle. After 3 months of working with the dealership and doing my own due diligence I contacted the Porsche Customer Consultations team, as suggested in one of the Z356 entries. Because of all the work that I had done before hand I was able to ask specific question of Mellisa Witek and she in turn was able to provide me with the necessary options and codes to ensure I ordered the car without any of the issues that Z356 raises in this custom ordering thread.
If you are thinking of ordering a Porsche that is NOT in the brochure you must do you homework and eventually contact the Porsche Customer Consultants before you sign on the dotted line.
I ordered a 991S with Porsche Racing Green and an Espresso/Cognac two tone interior.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:40 PM
chuck911
Race Car

That car will be To Die For beautiful! I like Espresso for its Natural Leather quality and for being dark enough for the dash, but really would prefer a lighter yet equally rich color for the doors and seats. Cognac is shown on a car in the Exclusive section where it looks terrific but doesn't give any details. Is Cognac also Natural (top grain, analine dyed) Leather? Did they send you any samples or pictures? Or did you just go with it because it looks so good on the website?

You MUST post pics when this car comes!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Navy CDR
Intermediate

The cognac natural leather is available for the Cayenne. In my 991S, the lower dash, seats, center door panels, door hand grips and door arm rests are cognac. All cognac leather pieces have espresso deviating stitching. The rest of the interior is Espresso. The entire interior is made of natural leather.
Production build date is currently scheduled for April.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:05 AM
DBYT
Pro

Nice build! Love the cognac and espresso interior. Have seen it on the Cayenne and it looks stunning. Was it difficult to get that interior colour for he 991? Look forward to seeing pics.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Navy CDR
The cognac natural leather is available for the Cayenne. In my 991S, the lower dash, seats, center door panels, door hand grips and door arm rests are cognac. All cognac leather pieces have espresso deviating stitching. The rest of the interior is Espresso. The entire interior is made of natural leather.
Production build date is currently scheduled for April.
Only potential problem I can see is your car may be. . . too good looking!
Did Mellisa send you any pictures you could post? Closest I could find is this all-cognac/Racing Green which even has door handles in leather!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Navy CDR
Intermediate

Two-tone-Espresso-Cognac_1.jpg
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Llarry
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow! That Cognac-Espresso is gorgeous!

May I ask... order code and upcharge for deviating lower dash?

Did you order both front and rear seats in deviating leather or front only?

Looking forward to photos when you pick that beauty up!

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!