Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Old 07-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Thanks for the information...I'll be in touch with you via PM & email!

Edited to ask one more question: Is that rear deck louvres done in deviated color satin 'Black'?

That must be a special request to 'Porsche Exclusive' via their 'CXX' option:

Or painted aftermarket. It is a used car after all with 8K+ miles on the odometer!

Hi Eduardo, I am not sure about the deck louvres. The spec sheet mentions a special "50 years anniversary package" though with no reference to the deck louvres (these look actually different on the 50 years anniversary limited edition :
Optionspaket 50 Jahre 911 (enthält: PCM, Sport Chrono Paket, Telefonmodul, ParkAssistent vorne und hinten, Sitzheizung) Außenspiegel SportDesign

Here is my fullsize IPhone pic of that Lichtgrün 991:
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Might float someone's boat:
Old 07-17-2015, 07:28 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

That looks like gelbgrün (Green Yellow, 137)
Old 07-18-2015, 01:42 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reuben991
That looks like gelbgrün (Green Yellow, 137)
maybe? - lichtgrün / Light Green 253
Old 07-19-2015, 05:38 PM
Rohit Singh
2nd Gear

ok

Last edited by Rohit Singh; 07-22-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'Slate Grey' 615 vs 'Slate Grey' Y97 / Photo of the two color samples together!

And as background to our readers on this color controversy, let me repeat this earlier exchange on this topic here on Rennlist:

Originally Posted by NateOZ
The original slate grey color code was 615 from '64 to '69 even though the Paint No. changed from 6401 to 6601 to 6801
as the years progressed. I have an order incoming in 615 and I'm not convinced the AWE pictures aren't enhanced photoshopped
given the colors on the taillights, emblems etc in their original thread. I'll find out in October for sure what it looks like when my
Targa arrives.
Nate. I still want to know what the 'Slate Grey' Y97 actually looks like. To further confuse us, PAG initially didn't have color code Y97
listed as 'Slate Grey/Schiefergrau'. In earlier 991 / 981 / Panamera PTS approved lists published since 2012, that Y97 color code was
first called ''Silberstein/Silver Stone'! It is only in just recent months that PAG has changed the name associated with Y97 and now
calls it 'Slate Grey' too!

By the way Nate, the earliest appearance of 'Slate Grey' as a Porsche offering happened in MY1960 for the 356B as color code 6001.
So that was the 'original' 'Slate Grey' at PAG.

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I don't have a confirmed vehicle picture of Y97 (or 615 for that matter), but this is a Y97 Porsche Exclusive rendering (build sheet is also attached).

This is also supposed to be RAL 7015, so the rendering seems ok compared to it.

That which you posted above Nate helps makes my case that Y97 'Slate Grey' looks a lot like that show 991 car in Geneva which Suzy911
originally posted in this forum a while back!

Daniel since reported to us that Suzy911 since corrected her original post and stated the slate color above was '615'. And Jams & others
have stated that 'Porsche Exclusive' has investigated the photo above and confirmed that Geneva show car was '615' and not 'Y97'

In contrast to the AWE 991 Turbo in PTS 'Slate Grey', color code 615, which looks quite different...and more like the vintage/historic Porsche 'Slate Grey'!

Unfortunately, the 'Slate Grey' samples (both color code 615 & Y97) were missing on Friday July 17th & my guide at 'Porsche Exclusive' at Zuffenhausen
couldn't find them in the short time we had at the 'Wailing Wall'. More when I continue my posts on my other thread regarding my visit to Germany.

Some news on this front. Rennlister 'Blu RS' from Northern California contacted me via PM on 7/15 asking if I was able to get photos of
the two 'Slate Grey' PTS colors on the approved list - color code '615' color code & the elusive 'Y97'. Here is what I responded to him:

So then 'Blu RS' contacted Melissa Witek of 'Porsche Exclusive' in Atlanta, attached my response to him, and asked if she could provide
him with an answer. And she did, sending him this interesting photo!

In Melissa's own words (in red):

'Please see attached for the Slate Greys next to a vanity plate:

The one on the left side is Slate Grey RAL 7015 (code Y97), and the middle is Slate Grey 6601 (code 615)."

I am still surprised at this photo. I thought it would be the inverse. If anyone that reads Rennlist has ordered & received a
PTS 'Slate Grey' Y97, please post photos. We would like to see a fuller representation of this color. We have been told here
at Rennlist that the AWE 911 Turbo S is 'Slate Grey' 615. If anyone else has another PTS '615' & can photograph it for us,
we would also appreciate that! And Nate should soon receive his '615' Targa.

We are grateful to 'Blu RS' and Melissa Witek for getting us this photo showing both 'Slate Grey' approved PTS colors
side by side!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Traben-Trarbach, Germany

Last edited by Z356; 07-23-2015 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Thank You Daniel For Catching spelling error on some of the Y97 (not Y92) Color Code!
Old 07-25-2015, 04:58 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS Porsches spotted so far on my trip in Germany...

A few of the Paint to Sample Porsches I have seen so far on my European trip during the past 10 days...

'Rubystone Red' (reportedly)

'Signal Yellow' 114

'Lichtgrün' 253

'Grigiocampovolo' Y99

'Viper Green' 225

Saludos,
Eduardo
Düsseldorf

For further info on my visit to Porsche & Germany, see post # 135 at

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-2015-a-9.html
Old 07-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Intermediate

In my opinion the most popular/attractive color that Porsche currently offers via PTS, and the safest 'investment' choice if you are cautious about choosing an expensive $5,500 option, is.....'Riviera Blue'!

Yes, I totally agree
I saw the color of a car, and it's fantastic
combination of light plays a very nice
it is simply a must see in life and not in the picture
I love the color green, but I have to go to the Riviera Blue
how to go light on the green, there is no certainty that it will look as expensive as the Riviera Blue
I think the play of light on a green light will give milk or a yellow tint
on blue it looks like melted ice cream, very expensive
more photo
http://www.swissvaxdetail.co.uk/port...?galleryCat=75

Old 07-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Magic Bamboo Metallic'...and the new 'Graphit Blau Metallic'!

Re-post of something I wrote today at my other thread on the visit to Porsche & Germany:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...2015-a-11.html

What a great investigative team we have at Rennlist! First we have Daniel finding out about a Cayenne in Germany that one of the websites has listed as 'Magic Bamboo Metallic'.

I was skeptical...then Alex chimes in that he has seen a Panamera GTS at Leipzig. And when he asked about it, he was told it was indeed 'Magic Bamboo Metallic'!

Originally Posted by m4ever
Hi Eduardo
thank you for the great educational activity on PTS .
I have personally seen Magic Bamboo metallic during a visit in Leipzig in October 14' . We had hot laps with a Panamera GTS and this car was painted in this exact color (I know this because I had specifically asked to check the color name - as I am also a fan of PTS) . It is indeed very similar to the Cayenne posted above . It looks great in real (I am a fan of green colors on Porsche though). I will try to find out the pictures of this Panamera and post them.
Regards
Alex
Well, if that is indeed the case, then below are the photos of that 'Magic Bamboo Metallic' Panamera GTS which I took a few hours ago on my visit to Porsche Leipzig!

Your Rennlist PTS reporter is on the job! And to think some don't think they are getting their money's worth for their Rennlist membership!

I got to Porsche Leipzig two hours ahead of my scheduled noon 'Carrera Lunch mit factory tour'. And the idea was to see what little diamond could be discovered in the rough (if I could be that lucky). Of all the Porsches in & around the Customer Center building (which, incidentally, is referred as the 'Diamond' by Porsche & as the 'UFO' by German locals), three vehicles immediately stood out to me because of their unusual color! And this 'green' Panamera was one of them! I found the GTS in an area which is not accessible to the public - in the back of the Customer Center!

I will check with my contacts at 'Porsche Leipzig' to see what they have to say about this 'Bamboo Magic Metallic' GTS. But I don't expect it will be anything more than what I am about to tell you regarding a new color that I spotted on two vehicles at Leipzig today.

Below are photos of my other 'color' find at Leipzig today. It's an experimental color that was observed on two vehicles at this facility - a 981 Boxster and a Panamera. The color was a shade of steel blue/grey. And initially I thought it was PTS. I inquired about it to a marketing executive working at Leipzig that knew of my visit & greeted me when I arrived to check in for my scheduled program. He did some research on the subject and later met me at the dinning hall where our luncheon was taking place with the details on the unusual color. It's called 'Graphit Blau Metallic'. And it's a hue that Porsche designers are seriously considering adding to the color palette in the near future. He explained to me that the Customer Center is often given vehicle(s) in a color being considered as regular 'offering' to test how the paint will handle wear & tear from the constant test rides in all sorts of weather at the facility!

The vehicle in 'Graphit Blau Metallic' that was most accessible to be photographed was a 981 Boxster. Here are the photos, first from the distance, and then unclosed after they allow me to go into the 'grid' and get a close up!

Now, a word of caution. We recently heard that 'Miami Blue' (a solid/uni hue) has been approved as a choice for those that have a confirmed PTS allocation for their 991 RS. 'Graphit Blau Metallic' does have a resemblance to the new 'Miami Blue', although it's a metallic (which doesn't quite look like it due to the almost absence of visible 'flakes'). So it could be that this 'Graphit Blau' was a contender that didn't win the right to be included in the Porsche color palette. We will know soon enough if this 'Graphite Blau Metallic', in addition to 'Magic Bamboo Metallic' become new offerings for Porsche models (991/981/Panamera or Macan) in the near future! But all in all, this was one of the most productive days I have had reporting on PTS on this visit to Porsche in Europe!

I'll be posting more about my visit to Leipzig as time permits me to do so.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Berlin (on my last night in Germany)
Old 08-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Porsche-Jeck
Hi Eduardo, I am not sure about the deck louvres. The spec sheet mentions a special "50 years anniversary package" though with no reference to the deck louvres (these look actually different on the 50 years anniversary limited edition :
To clarify. I went to Bensberg Porsche Zentrum twice during my stay in Germany. The rear deck louvres were painted at the dealership...simply because they liked the look.

More on this ''Lichtgrün' 253' 991S when I post the story of my visit to Bensberg.

Originally Posted by Puf n Stuf
Might float someone's boat:
Originally Posted by 694
maybe? - lichtgrün / Light Green 253
These colors are hard to capture via camera lenses. But I would agree with '694' & would guess it's 'Lichtgrün' from my experience with seeing the color in person and trying to photograph it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Porto Cervo, Sardinia
Old 08-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

These colors are hard to capture via camera lenses. But I would agree with '694' & would guess it's 'Lichtgrün' from my experience with seeing the color in person and trying to photograph it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Porto Cervo, Sardinia

911 Carrera GTS (PDK) This is Porsche Farbcode 137 = gelbgrün
Very hot color, I really like!!!!!!!!

Porsche Zentrum Hamburg Facebook
https://de-de.facebook.com/porscheze...urg?fref=photo

Last edited by 694; 08-02-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Intermediate

gulfblau / Gulf Blue 328
link before up

ipanemablaumetallic / Ipanema Blue Metallic 3S2

brewstergreen / Brewster Green 22B

Last edited by 694; 08-02-2015 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Intermediate

and 2 photo in flickr

blue vs green

Last edited by 694; 08-04-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Intermediate

http://www.autogespot.ru/porsche-991...s-3/2015/08/05
other photos link

Last edited by 694; 08-15-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:26 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Gelbgrün at night?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!