Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 11:26 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

+1 ... Gawd bless you. Luv the black leather intention! I too ordered my 911 with every possible stitch of black leather.

All the very best with what is an elegant 911 build. Gawd dam!

Originally Posted by lromanosky
Hi Guys,
Here is a build I just submitted for Porsche Centre Calgary: with every bit of additional leather, and all with contrast 'darksilver' stitch.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:37 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

PTS Lime Gold Turbo.

More pics here :

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post11110178

Last edited by neanicu; 08-31-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:15 AM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Not a fan of the lime gold or clear tails, never mind the two paired together.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:39 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys,
Here is a build I just submitted for Porsche Centre Calgary: A triple Black (non metallic paint) Turbo S Cab, with every bit of additional leather, and all with contrast 'darksilver' stitch.

So, when this arrives, I will be able to tell people *exactly* what each extra bit of leather looks like. Keep in mind these are Canadian prices which are about 13% higher. I will post photos when it arrives.
1987 Porsche 944 Turbo
this might be worth a trip to calgary to see...i'll try and time it with a business trip! thanks!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:45 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

with every bit of additional leather, and all with contrast 'darksilver' stitch.
it's really strange that leather sun visors are not available on 991/981 but were on 997/987

you can get leather sun visors on Panamera and Cayenne I think.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One small detail, "Rear-view mirror in leather CVW $715" is an option on the other 991's, but not the Turbo S, presumably the Turbo S gets this as standard (I don't have one here anymore, otherwise I would check). Lawrence.
It's not available on turbo S because it is standard equipped with PDLS+, which uses a camera situated in the rearview mirror and that is not available i.c.w. leather. Same applies to all other 991 models if you select LED headlights with PDLS+

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 02-06-2014, 03:14 PM
lromanosky
Instructor

It's not available on turbo S because it is standard equipped with PDLS+, which uses a camera situated in the rearview mirror and that is not available i.c.w. leather. Same applies to all other 991 models if you select LED headlights with PDLS+
I love this thread! Thanks Suzy.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:10 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Lawrence .. change all the stitching to RACING YELLOW!
Old 02-08-2014, 12:49 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
It's not available on turbo S because it is standard equipped with PDLS+, which uses a camera situated in the rearview mirror and that is not available i.c.w. leather. Same applies to all other 991 models if you select LED headlights with PDLS+ Suzy (via iOS app)
Thanks, Suzy. That is nice to know. I had the rear view mirrors covered in leather on my '12 Spyder to continue with the 'Red Carrera' theme across the top windshield frame of the vehicle (so leather sunvisors & rear view mirror)! I almost went with the A interior pillars in 'Carrera Red'! I would recommend it on certain builds if you want that part of the cabin color coordinated to the rest of your leather interior. It is of course wasted on a 'Black' or other very dark leather cabins (e.g. Agate or Espresso). It works best (and is most noticed) on a 'Carrera Red' interior! However, don't expect to see thick leather covering your mirror! The application of leather to the rear view mirror is done extremely 'tight' so that it almost looks painted on. But its real leather when you examine it closely - see attached first photo!

Originally Posted by sfo
it's really strange that leather sun visors are not available on 991/981 but were on 997/987...
It's surprising to me too. I had 'Carrera Red' leather sun visors on my Spyder - see second photo. Also not available: alcantara sunvisors on the 991 gt3's or leather covered door door entry! The latter, in particular, worked very well with deviating carpet colors - e.g. Black carpet in my Spyder's 'Carrera Red' interior. See third photo.

Leather sun visors were also particular effective with dark interiors if highlighted with deviating stitching! Some of the best 997 interiors I ever saw in the past had beautiful leather sunvisors with deviating stitching! (see last photo of sunvisor on Coochas' striking 'RS Orange' 991 Turbo).

Every time I see Sascha I ask him about when 'Porsche Exclusive' will add these leather options to their offerings..and he keeps saying 'Sorry, it's not yet available'. Hopefully, they'll be coming soon.

Saludos,
Eduardo

Attached Images     
Old 02-08-2014, 05:47 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

I don't think there will be any new exclusive options, before the facelift of the991 for MY2016.

Regarding the leather rearview mirror, I would prefer that much more on a Espresso interior than on a Carrera red interior. Carrera red gets a black Alcantara headliner, so the black rearview mirror isn't such a big problem. An Espresso interior gets an Espresso Alcantara headliner, so the black standard mirror stands out too much and doesn't look very well IMO. (same goes for two-tone Espresso-Cognac of course, since that also comes with Espresso headliner)

Unfortunately, it isn't possible i.c.w. LED headlights sith PDLS+ and that is a more important option than a leather covered leather. At least to me....

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 02-08-2014, 10:48 AM
JJ Cleghorne
Advanced

I believe that Mercedes Benz AMG has bespoke program.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JJ Cleghorne
Yes, Mercedes, BMW and Audi all have similar programs for U.S. (Although I needed to search long on Audi's website, but it is definitely available). Don't have experience with mercedes, but I do have experience with both BMW Individual and Audi Exclusive and I must admit that both were better than Porsche's Exclusive program. At least a lot more flexible. On the other hand, at Porsche in Zuffenhausen they make you feel more special, but that's less important to me than having more flexible options and shorter delivery times. (3 months at BMW, 6 weeks at Audi... 6 months at Porsche!)

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 02-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I don't think there will be any new exclusive options, before the facelift of the991 for MY2016.

Regarding the leather rearview mirror, I would prefer that much more on a Espresso interior than on a Carrera red interior. Carrera red gets a black Alcantara headliner, so the black rearview mirror isn't such a big problem. An Espresso interior gets an Espresso Alcantara headliner, so the black standard mirror stands out too much and doesn't look very well IMO. (same goes for two-tone Espresso-Cognac of course, since that also comes with Espresso headliner)
Good point.

Originally Posted by JJ Cleghorne
Yes, Mercedes, BMW and Audi all have similar programs for U.S. (Although I needed to search long on Audi's website, but it is definitely available). Don't have experience with mercedes, but I do have experience with both BMW Individual and Audi Exclusive and I must admit that both were better than Porsche's Exclusive program. At least a lot more flexible. On the other hand, at Porsche in Zuffenhausen they make you feel more special, but that's less important to me than having more flexible options and shorter delivery times. (3 months at BMW, 6 weeks at Audi... 6 months at Porsche!)

Suzy (via iOS app)
I have a different perspective of what other European automakers are doing is 'Bespoke' for the US market. I don't think the Mercedes, BMW or Audi programs are anywhere near as developed in this market as Porsche's. Mercedes 'Designo' for the US has traditionally developed one or two set combo's for a particular model and...that is it. I have yet to see Mercedes allow anyone to do PTS on one of their vehicles for the US. 'BMW Individual' is also not that well know or used in the US. They have promoted some 'BMW Individual' combos on certain models (e.g. 7 series) and have allowed some E91 M3's to be PTS (orange and metallic green come to mind), but its very limited. 'Audi Exclusive' has been going for a while...but not pushed or administered very well from of their Virginia headquarters. They recently got a new person to be in charge of the US efforts and will see if that makes it better. I had a friend who was interested in ordering a particular interior on the R8 and he found 'Audi Exclusive' anything but flexible.

Overall, I think these companies have tailored their bespoke programs for wealthy Europeans and Middle Easterners. Personally, I think it the lackluster bespoke effort in the US is influence by the strong leasing market in the US and the concern many in the financial side & dealership network have re: reselling 'odd' or 'too personalized' color combinations. But that is a different subject we can debate another time. In general, I believe 'Porsche Exclusive' has made the biggest advance among the German automakers in this US market. It's still an uphill battle...as any of you that have tried to do a custom order know firsthand. But it appears to be further along and better developed than anything that Mercedes, BMW and Audi is doing in the US at the present time! And as many of you know from my own complaints, 'Porsche Exclusive' needs to be improved further to help US customers better achieve their specialized custom orders!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 02-08-2014, 03:23 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

leather options on my RS60 Spyder

Name:  sun-visor-switch.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  left-door-opener.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  73.7 KB

Name:  gear-top-trim.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  steering-colum.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  driver-door-guard.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  69.8 KB

Name:  top-trim.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  68.5 KB
Old 02-11-2014, 04:37 PM
lromanosky
Instructor

JUPJAI Lawrence .. change all the stitching to RACING YELLOW!
Well no yellow, but I did order this car for a customer... Similar to the Triple Black Turbo S Cab with the Darksilver Stitch, only this time in GT Silver with Carrera Red Stitch. The only piece we didn't do was the Leather Covered Air Vents; the idea being that with the Sport Design Wheel and its exposed aluminium spokes would be nice with the aluminium air vents.

We did have to make the choice as to which red to use for the stitch; Guards Red or Carrera Red. Guards is quite a bit brighter and Carrera darker and a little bit toward Burgandy. There is no Guards Red leather, or a Guards red soft top, or Guards Red Carpet... only Carreara red. So if you are using Carrera Red for the two-tone interior, top or carpet, you want to match the stitch. Also with the floor mats, the leather edging will only come in Carrera red.

With this car below we were free to choose either, and went for the subtler combination of Carrera Red Stitch. Maybe with all the extra leather and stitching the Guards red would look slightly busy? Interestingly, the Gauges are listed as Guards Red, but look darker to me, and there is no conflict with Carrera Red Stich in my opinion.

Cheers,
Lawrence
Calgary, Canada

2014 911 Turbo S Cabriolet $221,200
Your Personal Equipment Choices
Order number Individual equipment MSRP*
P3M High End Infotainment Package $4,000
1V Convertible Top Black $0
U2 GT Silver Metallic $3,590
AZ Leather interior in Black $0
24891 Stitching of Front and Rear Seats deviating thread $1,260
Carrera Red
24901 Stitching of Dashboard deviating thread $450
Carrera Red
24902 Stitching door trim deviating thread $450
Carrera Red
24905 stitching of rear side panel deviating thread $450
Carrera Red
26741 Stitching of door center panel deviating thread $450
Carrera Red
26751 Stitching of arm rest deviating thread $360
Carrera Red
26761 Stitching of door handles with deviating thread $450
Carrera Red
90003 Stitching XHS thread dev. color analogous to seats $100
90027 Standard stitching XNS deviating thread $100
Carrera Red
90043 Stitching sports seat backrests in leather incl. XWL deviating
thread
$100
Carrera Red
625 Porsche Entry & Drive $1,250
638 ParkAssist (front and rear) incl. reversing camera $750
CAT Model designation on doors in silver Exclusive $320
XUB Painted headlamp cleaning system cover Exclusive $340
XXG Taillights with clear glass look Exclusive $910
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) $0
658 Power steering Plus $310
435 20-inch 911 Turbo S wheel $0
342 Seat heating $0
02 / 03 / 2014 Page 8 of 10
456 Adaptive cruise control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS) $2,850
541 Seat ventilation $960
581 Luggage net passenger footwell $0
630 Light design package $590
CGG Instrument dial Sport Chrono stop clock in Guards Red
Exclusive
$530
P07 Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric) $0
XFG Instrument dials in Guards Red Exclusive $990
CFX Personalised floor mats with leather edging Exclusive $685
Black mats, Carrera Red leather edging, black contrast stitch. Carrera
Red PORSCHE logo, black contrast stitch.
CLU Steering wheel rim with deviating stitching Exclusive $1,090
Carrera Red Contrast Stitch
CTH Belt outlet trims in leather Exclusive $365
CUJ Fuse box cover in leather Exclusive $400
CUR PCM package leather Exclusive $2,360
CXM Extended interior package door panel in leather Exclusive $730
CXN Extended interior package rear in leather Exclusive $1,630
CZW Extended interior package dashboard trim in leather Exclusive $1,810
XHS Rear centre tunnel in leather with decorative stitching Exclusive $1,360
XNG Instrument surround leather Exclusive $430
XNS Steering column casing leather Exclusive $530
XSC Porsche crest embossed on head restraints Exclusive $330
XWL Extended interior package Sports seat Plus backrests in
leather Exclusive
$690
XHJ PDK gear selector in Carbon Exclusive $750
XXD Door sill guards in carbon, illuminated Exclusive $1,460
EFA Pedals and footrest in aluminium Exclusive $720
MSRP incl. Options (excl. Individually Commissioned Equipment [CXX], if
any)
$258,100

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!