Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Old 05-15-2013, 06:42 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cy456
New PTS list for model year 2014. Enjoy...
Thanks for keeping us updated, btw! Very much appreciated.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:50 PM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Eduardo. But no Mint Green! Humph!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Navy CDR
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paint to Sample (PTS) and Leather to Sample (LTS) are part of the Porsche Exclusive ordering process. Here in the states not many cars are ordered using the PTS much less the LTS options.

Anyone have knowledge as to how many Porsches are ordered using these options?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:31 AM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
2) Leather Interior Choices - Part 2

Next set of photos are of a 'Racing Yellow' 991 Coupe with the BiColor 'Black/Platinum Grey' option. Note the extra stitching on rear top panel barely visible on one of the coupe's interior shots! Photos taken at Rennsport IV at Laguna Seca.

Final set of photos are of an 'Agate Grey' 991 Cabriolet with the BiColor 'Agate Grey/Pebble Grey' option. Photos taken at 'Porsche of Colorado Springs'.

I hope some of you seriously consider these great new options on your next Porsche!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, Colorado
That yellow car really, really should've had yellow seat belts and gauges!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:54 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Originally Posted by Z356
There was one leather option on the 997/981 which I loved. It was called 'Defroster Trim in Leather', Option #XV1 and it cost only $535. It finished up in leather the portion of the dash normally done in plastic even on the 'Full Leather' interiors! It also provided a wonderful stitching line at the base of the windshield (which was very visible) and covered the central dash speaker with leather and stitching. It was a great deal for $535 and I ordered it on my '12 Spyder! See first two photos - first on a '10 .2 997 gt3 (Larry Cable's) and second on the dash of my '12 Spyder.

In the 991, they do this bit in leather again BUT we don't get a bargain anymore! Now there is an option that includes the defroster trim in leather (and a few more items), but it cost a lot! $1710 to be precise. It is option # CZW. It is called the 'Additional Interior Package, Dashboard in Leather'. It is described as follows in the configurator:

Covered in smooth-finish leather in interior color and partly with decorative stitching:
- dashboard end trim
- defroster trim

This option was a delayed availability at the start of 991 production but it's now offered on the configurator (see representation attached, #3 on center right below). CZW combines several parts of the dash covered in leather & stitching. For certain we can see the side (left & right) 'dash speakers/defroster vents' covered in leather and with a border nicely stitched. The center of dash, where there are lots of additional defroster vents and a central speaker (plus the Sport Chrono watch if so optioned), is also covered in leather and stitched around its borders (as it was done on the 997). Finally, the end trim of the dashboard is covered in leather on either sides. This very nice but it's something only visible when you open the doors!

As you may surmise, this option is not as great a deal as it was for the 997. There appears to be more dash items covered in leather on this package (e.g. Defroster Air Vents, which were option # CNB for $365 on the 997, are now included) but it doesn't make as compelling an option due to its higher cost. However, if you are concerned with the leather details of your cabin as I am, I would argue it would be worth it. It would also provide an additional & prominent leather surface in your interior to showcase your deviating stitching once it is allowed to be added to these bits (expected later this year). The 4th, 5th & 6th photos are of the 991's leather dash so that you identify how much 'soft touch' painted plastic is there even on a 'full leather' interior! Final 2 shots show dash with CZW option!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Estimado Eduardo,

First of all, I want to thank you for all your amazing and detailed information assisting those of us who want to personalize every detail of their car.

I have a very small window to modify my build and thought I was done until I saw this portion of the thread - the part concerning the extended upper dash area to be covered in leather for $1710. Since I've already gotten red stitching on my full leather Luxor Beige interior, including steering wheel and all door sections, seats, etc., it seems the only area that still needs leather and stitching would be the extended top of dash and ventilation outlets. According to the option description, there is "partly decorative stitching". Am I correct that were I to opt for the $1710 extended dashboard leather, that I'd also need to pay extra to get the stitching done in red? If so, would you happen to know how much that will cost and what stitching would be in red? Lastly, does anyone have the extended dash leather with contrast stitching pics for me to refer to?

Saludos y gracias!

Jeff
Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Estimado Eduardo,

First of all, I want to thank you for all your amazing and detailed information assisting those of us who want to personalize every detail of their car.

I have a very small window to modify my build and thought I was done until I saw this portion of the thread - the part concerning the extended upper dash area to be covered in leather for $1710. Since I've already gotten red stitching on my full leather Luxor Beige interior, including steering wheel and all door sections, seats, etc., it seems the only area that still needs leather and stitching would be the extended top of dash and ventilation outlets. According to the option description, there is "partly decorative stitching". Am I correct that were I to opt for the $1710 extended dashboard leather, that I'd also need to pay extra to get the stitching done in red? If so, would you happen to know how much that will cost and what stitching would be in red? Lastly, does anyone have the extended dash leather with contrast stitching pics for me to refer to?

Saludos y gracias!

Jeff
Estimado Jeff:

Thanks for the kind words about all that have contributed to this thread. It has 35,805 views & counting on just this 991 Forum!

Attached is a photo of this option with deviating stitching (Agate/Pebble Grey) of fellow Rennlister oldman 40's recent (and gorgeous) '13 C4S Cab! He might be able to tell us what he had to pay for getting that upper dash option done in deviating stitching. In the 997 and 987, you had a catch all option (for a one time cost) which allowed any other leather option you ordered to be done in deviating stitching...other than seats, dash, doors & rear panels which had a set price each. As you know, I have been absent from 'Porsche Exclusive' options since early fall of 2012, so I really don't know how they are handling deviating stitching on this particular option. Until recently, they wouldn't even have allowed it to be ordered with deviating stitching. So there is progress! And you could always ask Sascha or Melissa via phone or email: http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...ive/contactus/

Best of luck with your custom order!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, CO
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2013, 03:32 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Eduardo,

Has anyone to your knowledge complained about excessive glare off the beige dashboard? What about glare off an all-red dashboard? If the former but not the latter, maybe a good choice for me would be to order the extended dashboard leather but get it in Guards since all my deviating stitching and seat belts are in Guards, as is my exterior paint.

Saludos,

Jeff
Old 06-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Eduardo,

Has anyone to your knowledge complained about excessive glare off the beige dashboard? What about glare off an all-red dashboard? If the former but not the latter, maybe a good choice for me would be to order the extended dashboard leather but get it in Guards since all my deviating stitching and seat belts are in Guards, as is my exterior paint.

Saludos,

Jeff
Jeff: It is pretty well established that there is glare on the windshield with a 'Luxor Beige' dashboard. Same holds true for the 'Carrera Red' dash on a red interior vehicle, which I had on my '12 Spyder! It is not optimal.

I would NOT recommend doing 'Carrera Red' dash with a beige interior, period. It will not look good. You have at your disposal a beautiful dual tone 'Luxor Beige/Black' interior which has all the plastic pieces on the dash coordinated in 'black' soft paint! This has been available for less than a year and it's a killer combination (see first photo). And you can add the $1700 leather upper dash area like you saw on the photo I posted earlier! Remember that before they make this dual tone available, folks with Luxor Beige were ordering deviating dash in 'Black' to prevent the glare and getting all the plastic dash pieces in 'Luxor Beige' too - it looked terrible! (see second photo).

This is your best bet...but you might have to rethink the deviating stitching in 'Carrera Red'. I seems you are set on the 'Luxor Beige' with deviating 'Red' stitching. But think long and hard about this. At the end it's all personal taste...but still, just give it some thought!

The 'Luxor Beige/Black' dual tone it is going to save you money since I believe that option comes 'standard' with deviating stitching on the dash, top of doors (and back panels if a coupe) in 'Luxor Beige' for no additional charge! Take the money you have allocated to deviating stitching in red (which is thousands of dollars!) and order some other interesting leather interior pieces! (see last photos).

The 'Luxor Beige/Black' dual tone will go great with a 'Guards Red' exterior! You can keep your 'Red' seatbelts for an accent, if you like. Just do something different that you initially thought re: deviating stitching in 'Red'. That is my dos centavos, for what is worth! Good luck on your custom order regardless!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, CO
Attached Images      
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Thanks, Eduardo. Maybe my best bet is to leave everything as-is and simply wear polarized eyeglasses (which I already do). Others have said that the glare is reduced when wearing polarized lenses and that it becomes less noticeable over time. I'm hopeful that will also be my experience.

I'm really excited about my build and can't wait to see it come to fruition!

Whatever happened with you and your order? Did you really cancel it and not order your car? Did anyone apologize for how shabbily you were treated? My experience thus far has been the best I've had with any car and with any car salesman. And while I haven't dealt directly with Melissa Witek, I understand that she's great to work with.

Thanks again,

Jeff
Old 06-07-2013, 11:19 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

PS: I happen to agree that the two-tone blk/beige looks awesome but I also like the all-beige interior, impractical as it might be.

The picture of that interior shows aluminum pedals with the footrest bering the Porsche crest. Do the optional aluminum pedals & footrest come like that or is the one pictured aftermarket (or did someone simply apply a crest to the aluminum foot rest)?
Old 06-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Whatever happened with you and your order? Did you really cancel it and not order your car? Did anyone apologize for how shabbily you were treated? My experience thus far has been the best I've had with any car and with any car salesman. And while I haven't dealt directly with Melissa Witek, I understand that she's great to work with.
Yes, I never ordered my '13 PTS Porsche and got an Audi R8 Spyder instead! There was no need for anyone to apologize. I volunteered for writing this thread and if they don't want to cooperate in help explain how 'Porsche Exclusive' works, that is their prerogative! I still dabble in this thread from time to time because so many folks have contacted me via pm or email to ask questions. So now it's more about assisting Rennlisters...rather than helping out Porsche!

I have perfectly civil relations with Sascha Glaeser, who heads 'Porsche Exclusive' here in the United States. Melissa reports to him. Sascha in fact was the person who organized for me the special tour of 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen last April 18th. I will shortly post about what I learned and saw in those two hours in my thread 'A Visit to Zuffenhausen' and also here!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7515...fenhausen.html

Good luck with your order!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Colorado
Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

The picture of that interior shows aluminum pedals with the footrest bering the Porsche crest. Do the optional aluminum pedals & footrest come like that or is the one pictured aftermarket (or did someone simply apply a crest to the aluminum foot rest)?
Totally aftermarket!

Eduardo
Old 06-08-2013, 01:49 AM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Eduardo,

How do you like your R8? I had an '11 Spyder V10 as soon as they came out and loved rowing through the old school, gated shifter. Now that they've finally gotten rid of the R-Tronic and replaced it with the dual-clutch S-Tronic, it's a very formidable car. I finally sold mine because I just wasn't comfortable in the seat: bottom cushion outside edge was rigid because of the electric switches that control the seat functions and my wideness felt that edge dig into my outer thigh. Other than that, the car was amazing! Phantom black over black interior that I modded highly with red diamond stitch on black Alcantara. There are a lot of pics on this forum as well as R8Talk. If only they'd come out with a seat for big guys I'd own one again. Hope you enjoy yours!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Eduardo,

How do you like your R8? I had an '11 Spyder V10 as soon as they came out and loved rowing through the old school, gated shifter. Now that they've finally gotten rid of the R-Tronic and replaced it with the dual-clutch S-Tronic, it's a very formidable car. I finally sold mine because I just wasn't comfortable in the seat: bottom cushion outside edge was rigid because of the electric switches that control the seat functions and my wideness felt that edge dig into my outer thigh. Other than that, the car was amazing! Phantom black over black interior that I modded highly with red diamond stitch on black Alcantara. There are a lot of pics on this forum as well as R8Talk. If only they'd come out with a seat for big guys I'd own one again. Hope you enjoy yours!
Oh, yes. I remember your car from reading your posts in R8 Talk. That was a wild interior that you did! Now I see where you are going with your 991 and the red stitching!

I love my R8 v8 Spyder. It is a manual too! I am 5'7'' and 165 lbs, so the seats suit me just fine. And a Spyder would not fit well real tall folks too! Windshield is low, which i truly like! I have always loved the design of the R8. The only other Audi I ever owned was a 2003 RS6...a beast of a car! But that Quattro AWD system was kind of primitive compared to the one Audi fitted to the R8. One of the reasons I love Quattro so much is that I have spun just about every 911 I have ever owned. So I feel psychologically 'safer' in a AWD car, although I love the rear wheel drive of the traditional sport cars I have had in the past 40 years!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2013, 10:52 AM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

She's a beaut! Now that Audi is coming out with the S-Tronic, are you seeing a new R8 sometime in your future?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!