Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Re: 'Black/Luxor' Two-Tone Interiors!

Originally Posted by Z356
I would caution all to wait until 'Porsche Exclusive' announces that it has put in place it's 'coordinated' Bi-Color customizing program before anyone orders a 'Black/Carrera Red' interior (or 'Black/Luxor Beige', etc). I went into some detail in my post 'Part 7' (above) as for the reasons why. Basically, the current ordering system will allow you to do a deviating leather color on the dash but will NOT coordinate the plastic parts to match the new hue you have introduced!
That is a quote from an old post I wrote back on 9/09/12. Since then 'Black/Luxor' two-tone has indeed been added to the offerings on the 991! But I just want to emphasize the good news that on this latest offering, similar to the other Two-Tone interiors previously available, the package DOES include deviating stitching on dash & top of door panels (plus top of back panels in a coupe) at no extra cost! Hopefully, they will add 'Black/Carrera Red' two-tone in the near future and it will include deviating stitching in 'Carrera Red'!

Attached is a screenshot of latest interior choices offered on US Configurator. Second shot was provided by SkandoSchwabe of the interior of his beautiful C4S interior which just arrived! The deviating stitching provided in this particular two-tone package is the 'Luxor Beige'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images   
Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Navy CDR
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reading thru the various 991 threads, there are numerous questions about normal ordering and custom "Porsche Exclusive" ordering. This 11 page blog has all the answers. If you are thinking about spending 6 figures for a car and you want something unique it is in your interest as well as your pocket book to give these 11 pages a read.

I for one, did in fact read these pages, not once, not twice but 4 and 5 times before I ordered a PTS and LTS 991S. The dealerships generally will order your car if it can be built using their car configuror which has a few more options then what is on the Porsche web site.

BUT if you want something really unique, using exterior colors and interior leather options not listed as the 991 options then you need to order using the Porsche Exclusive process. This Rennlist blog tells you how do to that plus makes you aware of some of the pit falls if not done correctly.

Thru using this blog I ordered a 991S in Porsche Racing Green with a full leather (and deviating stitching) two tone Espresso and Cognac interior. Try finding this combo on the web site! It is taking 6 months from order to anticipated delivery in June, with a 7 day build (in April 2013) vice the normal 3 days.

Thanks to Z356 and the numerous contributors in this custom ordering site.

I wish we were able to keep this at the very front - it is that valuable.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:09 PM
kes7u
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I am trying to make a final decision regarding deviated stitching on a black full leather interior. I cannot decide between the pebble grey and silver stitching. Any pictures of these available? I am not sure that the silver will provide the level of contrast I am seeking.

Kevin
Old 04-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Navy CDR
Thanks to Z356 and the numerous contributors in this custom ordering site.
Thank you Navy CDR for the kind words. Sorry I could get to finish this project as I intended from the start!

Originally Posted by kes7u
I am trying to make a final decision regarding deviated stitching on a black full leather interior. I cannot decide between the pebble grey and silver stitching. Any pictures of these available? I am not sure that the silver will provide the level of contrast I am seeking.
Attached is photo of 'Pebble Grey' on 'Agate'. I don't have any photo of it on 'Black' leather background. As you can see, it is almost 'white'!

I was not aware, back in the summer of 2012 when I started my research, that you could order 'Silver' deviating stitching without going thru 'Porsche Exclusive' as special custom request! Has that changed? The 'Silver' available in the 997 era was very rich and extremely desirable as a contrasting deviating stitching option! If it's now available on the 991, I would encourage you to give it a try!

The original deviating stitching available then on the 991/981 were as follows:

Black
Platinum Grey
Yachting Blue
Luxor Beige
Espresso
Pebble Grey
Carrera Red
Agate Grey
Guards Red
Lime Gold

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2013, 03:52 PM
kes7u
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks so much for the picture, Eduardo. I am really leaning towards this color.

I apologize for misleading. It was unintentional. I thought I had noticed in my reading that silver was a contrast stitching option. If it was a special order previously, that likely has not changed. I have an e-mail in to Melissa Witek regarding the best possible deviated stitching options for a black leather interior. (GT Silver exterior) I will update with any response!

Thanks again!
Kevin
Old 04-14-2013, 08:39 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 142 Posts

Are tartan plain inserts available for the seat and door panels from Porsche Exclusive?
Old 04-30-2013, 12:24 PM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a quote from an old post I wrote back on 9/09/12. Since then 'Black/Luxor' two-tone has indeed been added to the offerings on the 991! But I just want to emphasize the good news that on this latest offering, similar to the other Two-Tone interiors previously available, the package DOES include deviating stitching on dash & top of door panels (plus top of back panels in a coupe) at no extra cost! Hopefully, they will add 'Black/Carrera Red' two-tone in the near future and it will include deviating stitching in 'Carrera Red'!

Attached is a screenshot of latest interior choices offered on US Configurator. Second shot was provided by SkandoSchwabe of the interior of his beautiful C4S interior which just arrived! The deviating stitching provided in this particular two-tone package is the 'Luxor Beige'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Black/Carrera Red will be exclusively available for the upcoming Turbo S only, while Espresso/Cognac will be available for both (base and s turbo), I guess not anytime soon for regular carreras.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

On the 'Lava' Audi color....if you truly want that on a new Porsche...be sure to check Carbon Grey Metallic.

The formulas are very close.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 05-07-2013, 11:49 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you Navy CDR for the kind words. Sorry I could get to finish this project as I intended from the start!

Attached is photo of 'Pebble Grey' on 'Agate'. I don't have any photo of it on 'Black' leather background. As you can see, it is almost 'white'!

I was not aware, back in the summer of 2012 when I started my research, that you could order 'Silver' deviating stitching without going thru 'Porsche Exclusive' as special custom request! Has that changed? The 'Silver' available in the 997 era was very rich and extremely desirable as a contrasting deviating stitching option! If it's now available on the 991, I would encourage you to give it a try!

The original deviating stitching available then on the 991/981 were as follows:

Black
Platinum Grey
Yachting Blue
Luxor Beige
Espresso
Pebble Grey
Carrera Red
Agate Grey
Guards Red
Lime Gold

Saludos,
Eduardo

Luv this light color, but isnt this prone to staining especially from blue jeans?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Details of my fully-loaded, Mexico Blue C2S cab with custom two-tone natural leather in espresso and cognac are in this post: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7552...xico-blue.html.

A few things learned from Sascha Glaeser in completing this build:
  • Bi-color espresso and cognac natural leather is coming with the turbo release in September
  • There are delays in sourcing one of the cognac components, which is why it isn't in the configurator yet; hopefully it will be ready by September launch
  • When the bi-color arrives, cognac stitching should become an option for custom deviated stitching; I've used this liberally in my build, which will be on-hold until cognac stitching is ready
  • Cognac leather is available today as a leather to sample, but as mentioned above, the contrast stitching is not
  • There is also a delay until September on illuminated door sills due to a planned replacement of the plastic base below them
  • Porsche will not support a GT3 build with rear seatbelts because the car is only licensed for two seats; I would have picked a GT3 over a C2S were it possible to safely and legally get my twin boys into the back

Many thanks for the wisdom packed into this thread, which I read numerous times while planning my build.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:33 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Looking for a simple diagram and/or specification of what's changed with deviated carpeting, and if it comes in agate.

Nothing about it in this thread so far. Does anyone know?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fantom
Looking for a simple diagram and/or specification of what's changed with deviated carpeting, and if it comes in agate. Nothing about it in this thread so far. Does anyone know?
Fantom: Yes, I believe you can get deviating carpeting in 'Agate'. As for an idea of what deviating carpeting accomplishes on a 991, please imagine all the very light 'Pebble Grey' carpeting material you see in the attached photos on this 991 cabriolet in a different color, e.g. Agate! Get the picture?

I did deviating carpeting in 'Black' on my 'Aqua Blue / Carrera Red' Spyder and it looked great! I recommend it to anyone that finds the 'standard' carpeting offered in your chosen color interior combination to be too light (e.g. would get dirty too easily) or if you want more 'contrast' between the leather color & the carpeting!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, Co
Attached Images     
Old 05-08-2013, 01:36 PM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
On the 'Lava' Audi color....if you truly want that on a new Porsche...be sure to check Carbon Grey Metallic.

The formulas are very close.
If not mistaken, Porsche Carbon Grey is non metallic, it is one of the two grey colors that will be exclusively available for the upcoming 50th anniversary 911 only.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:48 PM
fantom
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Thanks for the information and pictures, Eduardo!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Navy CDR
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I Porsche Exclusive ordered an LTS Two Tone Espresso and Cognac interior for my 2013 991S...
My PTS (Porsche Racing Green) and LTS order has been delayed 4 weeks from June 7th to July 5th due mainly to some vendor parts issues (for 991 and Boxsters).
I have also been told that an official decision on an Espresso and Cognac interior for MY 2014 Turbo and Turbo S has not yet been made.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!