Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed, a beautiful dark angel! eduardo, enjoy getting to know her. also let us know how your experience with audi exclusive goes comparatively speaking. nevertheless, this thread is your legacy to the 991 RL enthusiasts. thank you.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Eduardo, I had that Lava Gray color on an 07 Audi RS4, it was a special order color for that car, only 3 were painted that color. I loved it and actually was looking to see if I could order a C4S in that same color. This thread however taught me that was not going to happen.
Attached Images  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

All you have to do is ask, anything is possible. Lava Gray was a Cayenne Turbo S color so Porsche knows how to do it!

Originally Posted by Rapture1
I loved it and actually was looking to see if I could order a C4S in that same color. This thread however taught me that was not going to happen.
Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JSF101
All you have to do is ask, anything is possible. Lava Gray was a Cayenne Turbo S color so Porsche knows how to do it!
Hmm, I gave up on the thought as I did not see the color on the approved PTS list. I had a bit of a setback on my order so maybe I will check back with Melissa to see if it would be possible.

Thanks,
Old 02-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Navy CDR
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reading thru various threads on this 991 discussion forum, there are lots of questions about exterior paint to sample (PTS), interior leather to sample (LTS) and Porsche Exclusive that this thread needs to be moved to the top of the discussion forum.
It probably is the most informative and helpful thread on the entire site. Sure, there are lots of entries BUT if you are planning on spending upwards of $100,000 plus for a car this thread will prove to be invaluable.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 PM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Navy CDR
Reading thru various threads on this 991 discussion forum, there are lots of questions about exterior paint to sample (PTS), interior leather to sample (LTS) and Porsche Exclusive that this thread needs to be moved to the top of the discussion forum.
It probably is the most informative and helpful thread on the entire site. Sure, there are lots of entries BUT if you are planning on spending upwards of $100,000 plus for a car this thread will prove to be invaluable.
couldn't agree more. in addition to pts and lts, this thread explains the different C and Z options, 2-tone interiors, and varying leathers in a way that no other sources of information can. i found it indispensible for my custom order.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy CDR
Reading thru various threads on this 991 discussion forum, there are lots of questions about exterior paint to sample (PTS), interior leather to sample (LTS) and Porsche Exclusive that this thread needs to be moved to the top of the discussion forum. It probably is the most informative and helpful thread on the entire site. Sure, there are lots of entries BUT if you are planning on spending upwards of $100,000 plus for a car this thread will prove to be invaluable.
Thanks Navy CDR! Looking forward to seeing your custom 991 when it comes in!

Originally Posted by oldman40
couldn't agree more. in addition to pts and lts, this thread explains the different C and Z options, 2-tone interiors, and varying leathers in a way that no other sources of information can. i found it indispensible for my custom order.
Thank you Old(young)man40! I think you will love the C4S cab when it comes in.

I will look at my old notes and post some additional information that I had gathered on custom ordering a 991 prior to my abandonment of the project. In the meantime, I thought you might be interested in seeing photos of my new Audi R8 Spyder. I just did a little bit of customizing on the interior.

For those that might remember the photos I posted of my recently acquired '11 R8 Spyder, there has been an 'interior' color change this week! The car came from factory with a 'Black w. Alcantara' base interior (first photo). Rather dull & somber, if you ask me. I happen to love 'red' interiors. Long story short - I found someone near Sacramento that had removed the OEM Audi R8 'red' interior from his v10 coupe because it looked to much like the red interior on his new Mercedes SLS! Oh, the sheer horror of it...so you can understand! So he had the Audi dealership changed the interior on his brand new R8 (600 miles) and replaced it with a custom ordered 'Audi Exclusive' Black leather interior with deviating 'red' stitching! So I bought real well his 'old' red seat covers & door panels and exchanged them this week for the interior of my 2011 R8 Spyder! The chances of finding this highly desirable 'red' leather R8 interior in 'as new' condition and for a very good price are...extremely rare! So I got pretty lucky. But it's a reminder to all of us that even when you don't custom order a car from factory, there are ways to customizing it for good effect if you set your mind to it!

The exterior color on my car is called 'Lava Gray Pearl Effect'. And with this 'red' interior (called 'Amulet Red' by Audi), it is absolutely stunning! I have not had much time to drive this car since it got here. Then we did this interior work this week. But I took it last Tuesday on a test drive up & down Laureles Grade in Carmel Valley. I drove it just as fast as I had driven my custom-ordered '12 Boxster Spyder that I previously owned (last photo). It handled very well.

So to paraphrase a old song of my youth, 'if you can't be with the Spyder you love, love the Spyder you are with!' And I am loving my new R8 Spyder!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images       
Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts

Nicely done on the R8 color change! What are the odds of something like that falling in your lap?
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Thank you Old(young)man40! I think you will love the C4S cab when it comes in.

So I bought real well his 'old' red seat covers & door panels and exchanged them this week for the interior of my 2011 R8 Spyder! The chances of finding this highly desirable 'red' leather R8 interior in 'as new' condition and for a very good price are...extremely rare! So I got pretty lucky. But it's a reminder to all of us that even when you don't custom order a car from factory, there are ways to customizing it for good effect if you set your mind to it!
eduardo, you have been a busy man since getting back home! great oem modification, i have to agree 100% that the red leather is stunning! you have superb taste, and yes, you are lucky how it transpired... now that you have dueling spyders, apropos to the song, the question is, which one do you love MORE!

cheers and enjoy!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Eduardo,

What good fortune to have the red interior "fall into your lap," so to speak. Great move on getting the red. It really adds livens up the interior of your R8.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:36 PM
red route 1
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

Eduardo, love the R8, always thinking about that move myself.

Question: do you have the latest PTS list. I'm interested in doing a PTS in Aquamarine (non metallic) and on the list published in December it shows "needs feasibility testing" for the 911.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by oldman40
eduardo, you have been a busy man since getting back home! great oem modification, i have to agree 100% that the red leather is stunning! you have superb taste, and yes, you are lucky how it transpired... now that you have dueling spyders, apropos to the song, the question is, which one do you love MORE! cheers and enjoy!
No dueling Spyders. Just one at a time! And I, a child of seventies' music, was taught to love the one you're with! I also have only one Banjo! But the movie turned me off to hunting down South for the rest of my life! Oink, Oink...

Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
Nicely done on the R8 color change! What are the odds of something like that falling in your lap?
One in a million, according to odd-makers in Las Vegas!

Originally Posted by gota911
Eduardo, What good fortune to have the red interior "fall into your lap," so to speak. Great move on getting the red. It really adds livens up the interior of your R8.
Yes, seek and you shall find! That is timeless advice!

Originally Posted by red route 1
Eduardo, love the R8, always thinking about that move myself. Question: do you have the latest PTS list. I'm interested in doing a PTS in Aquamarine (non metallic) and on the list published in December it shows "needs feasibility testing" for the 911.
No, I don't. I have not seen any other PTS list that is more current. But it raises a good point. We need someone else in our forum that is in good terms with 'Porsche Exclusive' to keep us posted on what we can or can't do in custom ordering. I would suggest you. After all, you were able to order one of the nicest PTS 991's in the country and have the experience with dealing recently with the folks at 'Porsche Exclusive'! I am serious. Please take the torch and carry it forward!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 03-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Sapphire Blue Metallic

For those wondering how the new 'Sapphire Blue Metallic' (new color replacing 'Aqua Blue Metallic' in the standard line-up!) looks, here are the first photos I have seen of it! Comes from a European site called Auto Gestop and was found by Macca over in the 991 gt3 forum. Much lighter than 'Aqua' and less 'purple' than the older (and quite popular) Cobalt Blue Metallic (last photo)!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images    
Old 03-14-2013, 02:55 PM
kbalch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nooooo....

I've been waiting to order a MY14 Aqua Blue C2S. Guess I'll have to get a '13 after all...

Ken
Old 03-14-2013, 03:07 PM
cksuen
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO a somewhat pedestrian color compared to aqua blue metallic.

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!