Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jerky start uphill from the hold function

Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 PM
wim.lon
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerky start uphill from the hold function

I am the proud owner of an agate grey 991 C2 PDK which really is a beautiful car. However there is one thing that bothers me: When I start uphill from the hold function the car briefly stops immediately after the start (within half a second) and then starts again very jerkily (after another half second). This is not easily reproducible as it only happens occasionally and only when the engine is still cold. My Porsche center does not know about it and cannot help. I wonder if any other 991 owner has made this observation, too?
Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2012, 09:33 PM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, just today I was noticing that the PDK/engine had a pretty significant hesitation when I came to a stop then took off again. I don't know if it was engine hesitation or clunky PDK though, and will be on the watch for it. I believe this has happend before and I just passed it off as being a new car and I wasn't driving the PDK correctly...don't think the engine was up to operating temp yet, prolly about half way there from a cold start.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:10 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 197 Posts

Have only 900km so far, but noticed that on cold start, summer cold that is, it runs just a bit rough in Normal Auto mode until it warms up. This is gentle driving. A very slight hesitation sometimes, but after a couple km, all is good.

If I put in manual and let the revs climb to 2500 to 3000 rpm in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, don't detect anything. Just in the gentle normal auto mode city driving where it never goes over 2000 as it shift to 7 in 1 block.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 308 Likes on 183 Posts

Have had no similar problems with my PDK 991S.

I have heard from a service rep a rumor that there may be a factory "PDK" service campaign in the works- but have no details.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Porsche991Leb
3rd Gear

I have the 2012 carrera S 991 .. yesterday on an uphill the car made a small sound the car was coming to a stop and the uphill hold was activated .. as if putting breaks .. the sound was cracky but I realized that the car is better if you put full brakes and the pdk afterwards runs the hold function .. then when you drive again .. the pdk is slowly responding when in hold .. around half a second with a push ..

I think this is normal or it can be done with remap of the PDK at porsche .. if they got to many claims on it ..
Old 07-27-2014, 12:23 PM
certified_prime
Instructor

You have a 2012. Get the software update for the parking brake. Fixed my issues...much smoother.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jerky start uphill from the hold function