991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more 991 pics

Old 04-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Bigwave
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carrara nice rendering. As for the top staying canvas I prefer a painted or better yet but not likely a carbon fiber top. The canvas always gets crease marks and rub burns if you use them a lot. I have 73k on a 06S Cab and the car looks new if you don't look at the top. Top looks every bit of its 6 years.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by draxa
.....It's a 3-piece hard-top wearing a canvas condom.
I was convinced a while back (when the patent drawings surfaced years ago) that it would be a hard top, but now I'm not so sure...that rear window looks relatively finished, yet it is small and strangely shaped for a folding hard top.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Apropos nothing remotely related to this thread - whatever happened to that wonderful-looking 2-door Panamera that was bandied about a year or so ago?
I can't remember where I read a recent interview with a Porsche executive, but he implied that it would be directly competing with the Bentley Continental GT, also a VW product. Based on price, the Porsche would seem to come in a bit lower. However, it may be too close in terms of performance and market demographic.

That said, Porsche has some very lofty sales goals, so it would seem like a no-brainer to offer a new model on the existing platform.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
draxa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
That said, Porsche has some very lofty sales goals, so it would seem like a no-brainer to offer a new model on the existing platform.
I was in my local dealer last week (clutch-switch needed adjusting) chatting to the guy who sold me my cars; he told me Cayennes - so ugly they make me want to giggle in terror - were galloping out of the shop despite the economy.

Like aforementioned Cayenne, the Panamera is a terrific car if you close your eyes until you are actually behind the wheel. My impression of the very sexy 2-door Panamera, therefore, would be that it would gobble up BMW6 and MercCLS buyers in the same way that Cayennes are gorging on X5 and RRovers.

(Not that I'd buy one, though.)
Old 04-05-2011, 12:22 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 259 Posts

Cayennes - so ugly they make me want to giggle in terror
Like aforementioned Cayenne, the Panamera is a terrific car if you close your eyes until you are actually behind the wheel.
ok - Lets agree you are not familiar with the concept of 'form follows function'. dave
Old 04-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Carrara
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in my local dealer last week (clutch-switch needed adjusting) chatting to the guy who sold me my cars; he told me Cayennes - so ugly they make me want to giggle in terror - were galloping out of the shop despite the economy.
That's true. When the new Cayenne came out (this is a few months afterwards), I went to one dealer to go see one, and they were all sold out. Then I went to another dealer, and there was only one Cayenne. Now thinking about it, I went to a dealer two weeks ago to see a GT2 RS, and there wasn't one Cayenne there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: more 991 pics