Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new 991 images on Jalopnik.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

"local showroom" sounds to me like a salesman trying to convince you to buy something today because the next model won't be out for a long, long time. No car salesman will ever tell you to wait for the next gen.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:03 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Am I the only one to notice that the rear window is a hatch? The reason I suggest that is because the mule car carries an antenna on the right rear fender--and the cabling for it is routed to the window. Doubtful the drilled a hole to do that--but merely slipped the wire through the hatch. Perhaps someone decided that the Targa's rear hatch should be universally available to all the coupes.
+1. I think you might be right. This also goes well with larger back seats so probably making it more of a daily.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Dr_KarlB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexb76
+1. I think you might be right. This also goes well with larger back seats so probably making it more of a daily.
Looks to me like the cable is routed along the window and into the top of the engine bay through the deck lid. Cant see any stuff to make the rear hatch open.

Also, larger back seats or larger (longer??) engine ?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:06 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr_KarlB
Looks to me like the cable is routed along the window and into the top of the engine bay through the deck lid. Cant see any stuff to make the rear hatch open.

they were talking (or it was on some forums) to have a new all-aluminum chassys for this car and share it with all sport cars they make. so it may be true.

one way or another, it is all speculations until actual car will surface up and axle weight ratios will be shown. may be they moved engine a bit closer to rear axle than before.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:10 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

All indications point to larger back seats (from the articles I've read).

Also, you don't need any stuff to open the latch, just a release mechanism through remote. I highly suspect they're all gonna be hatchback, with no Targa models, it's a smart move, less crowded 911 model range with more usability.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:37 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, I agree. The rear glass looks fixed to me.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Kuhan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Perhaps someone decided that the Targa's rear hatch should be universally available to all the coupes.
Maybe the car in question is a targa? I would love to see the targa with a roof line that doesn't look like it was just plonked on a cab.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:09 PM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the horizontal line on the roof is just the sunroof, which the whole sunroof panel covers from left to right between the pillars.

Regards,
Old 01-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
All indications point to larger back seats (from the articles I've read).
if there is more room for seats than the rear of the cab's might suddenly become useful.

just think - if they could execute that model with a normal seat back angle as opposed to the reverse camber they have now - WOW

Quick Reply: new 991 images on Jalopnik.com