Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

New Arrival GT Silver Turbo S Aero Kit

Old 03-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Henry Clemes
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian M
Car looks great Henry, when do you pick it up? Our cars are almost perfect twins!
Hi Ian.
Next Friday, 31st March.
This Monday and Tuesday PPF being applied.
How are you finding yours?
Old 03-25-2017, 06:13 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, stunning! I really like the GT silver with the black aero kit. Also, love the adds you did on the interior - very sporty and also classy, the yellow looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing the excellent pics. Mine is supposed to arrive at dealer Monday.... I'll do my best to reciprocate pics to our fellow users once it finally arrives! You've set the bar very high, well done!!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:26 PM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Henry, still trying to go easy whilst running her in, but it's really hard not to push on. The power is amazing and whilst I've driven a number of Turbo S's at Silverstone, in a normal road going environment, I've found the brakes to be one of many outstanding features, there stunning. I was worried my 991.1 GTS would be a hard act to follow, silly me. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:25 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Great looking build and car. Enjoy.

Jay
Old 03-26-2017, 08:12 PM
js9527
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

OMG amazing car
we got similar taste.
Mine will come in white with red interior, sport design mirror. Other than these, all same!
Requested dealership to paint the wheels in high gloss black to match the white and white.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:02 AM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow that's an amazing build. Great job OP.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:56 PM
gsc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly how I would build one.!
Old 03-28-2017, 12:47 AM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Really well done, congratulations and enjoy in good health!
Old 03-30-2017, 01:42 PM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Henry, good luck with your pick tomorrow, looking forward to some more pictures.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:17 AM
Henry Clemes
Intermediate

Default First weeks impressions 991.2 Turbo s

Originally Posted by Ian M
Hi Henry, good luck with your pick tomorrow, looking forward to some more pictures.
Hi Ian
Here are some more pictures as requested.

For anyone interested here are some views about my findings after one week and 250 miles.
PCM.
So far I am just not gelling with this system. One minute it's touch screen, which I really do not like, (screen always looks dirty), then it's a, very small, button. All feels very clunky to me. Apple CarPlay needs improvement and this too feels clunky and not properly integrated. When not using CarPlay car seems to loose my mobile connection, always connecting to a sim in the car.
I guess, and am hoping, that my feelings for Porsches system will improve as my experience grows. I think coming from an F10 M5 doesn't help as that system was, for me, simply the best on the market. BMW Idrive couldn't be simpler to use. Having so many small buttons simply cannot be the way to go as far as safety is concerned. However I guess from the new Panamera Porsche will eventually go down this route too in the 911.
Brakes.
These are a great improvement over the carbons I had on a 996 GT2. So far they have been silent. Those on my GT2 never stopped squealing to such an extent that it became embarrassing. The shiny surface of the discs looks much better to me too.
Aerokit.
I am please I ordered this option as I had spent so much time one minute having it, the next not. For me I felt the price was ridiculous for what you got. However having never seen it before on a physical car before getting mine I didn't appreciate what a difference in overall look it gave the car. I like the contrast of the gloss black / GT Silver.
All the yelllow bits!
As above I spent many agonizing hours debating all of the yellow options. This was again because of what I thought were crazy prices! However having now got the car I really think these additions were the best choices I could make. The very first thing everyone mentions on opening a door are the yellow highlights. It really does lift the black interior. And of course it all matches the calipers perfectly.
Ventilated Seats.
Still on the fence with these. The first time I tried them they really did seem to provide a cooling effect. However subsequently they didn't seem to provide any cooling so not sure what's going on there? Will have to see if these were a worthwhile option over time? Would like to hear from other owners of their experiences with this option.
GlassRoof.
I absolutely love this option. Porsche has done a fantastic job of removing any buffering from the wind. I have had it open on every drive so far as the weather has been just brilliant. It lightens the interior of course as well. I know people's concerns about increase in weight and reduction of chassis rigidity but for me these were not an issue. I don't track anymore and the car can deal with the extra weight just fine.
Finally for now one thing that has really surprised me and goes I think against must people's thoughts on here are the cars stock sounds?
Please remember I have only done 250 miles so far so used only part throttle and max 4000 revs.
I love this cars sounds! Just the right amount of burble whilst cruising, some lovely different types, (difficult to describe), of sounds when giving a bit more gas. Nice backfires in Sport Plus too. This is a pleasant surprise for me for two reasons. Firstly it appears that many of you on these forums don't like the sound? Maybe I have this wrong?
Secondly my M5 was also twin turbo charged and the one thing I hated the most about that car was the, very obviously, fake sound; and a very bad fake sound it was too!
I know aftermarket exhaust systems will give more sound, less weight, more power etc but for me I am staying stock. I can't wait for the 1850 mile mark to pass so I can give it more throttle. Hopefully the sound will be as good as I am hoping?
I would be interested in hearing from other owners who feel stock is ok for them and why?
Thanks for reading and if anyone wants some detailed pictures of anything to do with the car please just ask.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:20 AM
Henry Clemes
Intermediate

Old 04-09-2017, 06:22 AM
Henry Clemes
Intermediate

Hi Ian
Be interested to hear of your views on your car when you have chance.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:03 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Ventilated seats operate via evaporative cooling not via refrigeration (like the HVAC does): the suction from the fans evaporates sweat on your skin.

No sweat. No cooling.

Sound: Most new cars sound like a box of tortured hamsters when asked to provide more than a fraction of their maximum power. My Turbo sounds like it is both happy and excited. This is good enough for me.

Nothing sounds as good as my supercharged GT. Nothing. So, when I need a 'rawer experience' that's what I choose.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:20 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Thanks for the pics, keep them coming. This is pretty much identical to what I have gone for - looks awesome
Old 04-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Beautiful car..interesting garage door concept !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Arrival GT Silver Turbo S Aero Kit